Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ziggler or Corbin?
This poll is closed.
Corbin... I guess. :sigh: 1 6.67%
Zi.... no this seems unlikely. 0 0%
♪ Burrrrrrn it dooooooown! ♪ 8 53.33%
THE BIG DOG! 6 40.00%
Total: 15 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dolph Zigger to face Baron Corbin tonight on SmackDown LIVE in a battle with WWE Fastlane implications
Tonight, Dolph Ziggler returns to SmackDown LIVE for the first time in seven weeks. By the end of the night, The Showoff could be walking right into a WWE Championship opportunity. SmackDown Commissioner Shane McMahon revealed on Twitter Thursday morning that the winner of the battle between Ziggler and Baron Corbin will be added to the WWE Championship Match at WWE Fastlane. That means that AJ Styles will have to defend his title against Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and the winner of this showdown.

Charlotte Flair continues her quest for payback against The Riott Squad
Last week on SmackDown LIVE, SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair defeated The Riott Squad’s Liv Morgan, then made a bold claim: “One down, two to go.” The Queen’s quest for payback continues this week when she faces Sarah Logan.

Bobby Roode issues a United States Open Challenge
The Glorious One, who ranked No. 5 in the first-ever SmackDown LIVE Top 10 List, is determined to prove he’s a fighting United States Champion and possibly move up in the rankings. Tonight on SmackDown, Bobby Roode will aim to do that when he issues a United States Open Challenge.

The New Day take on Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin
Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin have made it clear that they are on a mission to rid SmackDown LIVE of any team that doesn’t take competition seriously. After picking up wins over SmackDown’s resident sleuths Breezango and their best pals, The Ascension, the mat-wrestling masters are aiming their sights at one of the most successful tag teams in history: The New Day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You know maybe if there was some consistency on exactly when Ziggler uses his theme/doesn't it might work a little better?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahahahaha Sami and Kevin want Ziggler because they know he won't win :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So... is Ziggler a face here or what?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VJeff posted:

lmao they really do not want this guy to get over in any way, shape or form, do they.

Ziggler's lying there as they lay their boots into him, thinking,"Heh heh heh, I don't have a mortgage"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VJeff posted:

Purely for the record, this is not mod sass in any way, I meant Corbin. :v:

Haha, well it probably works for both.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Road Dogg has his problems but he seems to understand that more Becky Lynch is always a good thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

shiksa posted:

lmao why is charlotte just kicking all these poor girls' asses all in a row?

There was some concern that people might start taking them seriously as a potential threat, so they're doing everything they can to fix that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Sarah's gimmick is 2018 female Hillbilly Jim.

Yeah I'm a fan too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

I'm sorry if no one has seen Winters Bone! It was a breakout role for Jennifer Lawrence!

That movie loving rules by the way!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goddammit Shane showed up to work this week

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I wish they were booking this entire thing with Shane being the Frank Grimes to Daniel Bryan's Homer Simpson.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

Did you know that you have the same avatar as forums poster Bill Goldberg?

I think he chose it as tribute to Bill Goldberg's daughter's father, who died after the Royal Rumble.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fart blood posted:

...did I just see a Coca-Cola commercial taking credit for civil rights?

First Ford now this? What is wrong with corporate america?

Yep, saw it last night on Raw and I was left gaping at the sheer balls of the whole thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

bradzilla posted:

Kevin Uh-Owens

Kevin Uh-woah-wins!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

shiksa posted:

there was a commercial during the super bowl about hyundai curing cancer or something, it's beyond parody.

The lesson the advertising industry took from the Pepsi protest commercial was,"Well if we just make EVERY ad like that, there'll be too many for people to get outraged about!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kevin sold the gently caress out of that right hand, nice

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gently caress Corbin is in. gently caress.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This Top 10 list makes no goddamn sense.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They straight up said,"Placement on the list will lead to title opportunities" and then put the WWE Champion, Women's Champion, US Champion and Tag Team Champions on it.

Edit: Bobby Roode is even having an Open Challenge for the US Title tonight, rather than somebody on the list getting the shot!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Greetings, fellow SmackDown Live viewers! I just got in; that was a fun match between Baron "The Lone Wolf" Corbin and Kevin "KO" Owens!

Then my brain takes a step back from the in-ring work and realizes it's merely a cog in an endless leviathan of an overbooked story that makes 1998 nWo seem like streamlined booking! Kill me.

The match WAS good in isolation, true, and I at least enjoyed it for that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VJeff posted:

So what're the odds this is Jinder or Mojo.

Nope, it's Randy Orton, that's actually cool and go-

Oh my loving God here's Jinder :cripes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

lol I just remembered that Orton/Jinder main evented 3 straight PPVs. No wonder no one's going to those things.

Then after Jinder won all of them in EXACTLY the same way... they had a random non-title match on Smackdown and Orton just straight up beat him no ifs, ands or buts and it was never mentioned again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Do you know why you didn't make the list? Because 4 of the spots were taken up by current champions!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Push El Burrito posted:

RANDY I THINK YOU ARE HANDSOME AND COOL AND I WOULD LIKE YOU TO SLEEP WITH MY WIFE!

Orton: Sure that sounds go... wait a second, this better be a fake wife :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

.... so do we get the US Title match between Roode and Orton after the break?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Text graphics TEXT GRAPHICS TEXT GRAPHICS :byodame:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

shiksa posted:

man that loving sucked huh

how can vince look at that and be like "yeah... things are goin well"

They had record revenue last year, and the changes to the tax system means next year they're going to make considerably more profits.

For WWE, everything actually IS going well :sigh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BIG E going for Scott Norton's record! :aaa:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The official count is zero :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

good news there's a company working to try to effectively replace meat by having figured out meat taste and i wish them luck in their efforts.

they also managed to make vegetarian eggs that work like real eggs apparently

Yeah I'm actually legit excited about this, getting rid of cattle farming would be a wonderful thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fart blood posted:

So I don't care about Rhonda Rousey and I never cared about her even during her MMA days. Am I right for feeling this way? Or am I missing something?

She was amazing in UFC though she had plenty of detractors, but she and especially her coach completely blew it in her fight against Holly Holm, and her comeback fight was pathetic and did a lot of damage to her perception as a monster asskicker.

The bigger issue is that UFC has failed to really have anybody step into place as the dominant female fighter since then (lol Cyborg) so there is still a lot of interest in Rousey, simply because once she was gone nobody else came along to make people forget her.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

I have my doubts we'd see it happen but their plan is sound: price lower than meat and produce new meats with richer flavors than you can get from real meat. They hope to basically outperform and wipe out real meat within 20 years and hell I hope so! They got most current major meats figured out flavor-wise and cook-wise such that it cooks the same as real meat. It was the most exciting thing I worked on in a while and made me believe in hope a little bit more.

You were involved? That's awesome and you're good people :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

Tangentially in that I was the guy what listened to and typed the interview. It took most of the day because whoever recorded it is one of the ones who's kinda dickish and want me to get every single word said instead of using my judgment to cut out wasted footage. I would work for the dude gladly though if I could.

Still cool and you're still good people :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Renee's top :swoon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So... is Ziggler face or heel?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Given how loving dumb Ziggler booking is, I actually firmly believe he's gonna lose this match to Sami now :xd:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

https://www.impossiblefoods.com/

These are the guys. I should probably go downtown to Wahlburger's downtown sometime they sell them there but gently caress it's like $12.50 for a meal.

Goddamn that looks delicious

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey this Usos promo is shot pretty well, I like the lighting and thTEST GRAPHICS OH GOD THE TEXT GRAPHICS ARE BACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Okay that transition was real loving cool.

• Locked thread