Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are you supposed to empty the trash before the maid comes?
This poll is closed.
Yes 2 11.11%
No 16 88.89%
Total: 18 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
I don't know about emptying trash cans out, but one little thing I do for my bi-weekly maid service is ensure I get my monies worth.

Throughout the 13 days between maidings, I meticulously save every ounce of feces possible I produce over 2 cm of solid length or height. I have a few casserole dishes I keep in my fridge for this purpose, and several times a day I mist down the samples to keep them just moist enough to be pliable without drying out.

Come the eve of the maid visit, I gather my feces and mix it into a creamy roux, nothing special here just the usual flour and butter gently heated and whisked together. I then leave roughly 60-70% of it in a thin film (I have a nice silicone bristle basting tool I got at Bed, Bath and Beyond for this purpose, was only 14.99 as well with a 20% off coupon through their monthly mail flier!) in obvious areas. My hardwood floors in the kitchen, the tile in the bathroom and so on. However, to really make sure they are doing what the service claims (They promise to always dust/inspect the tops of furniture like a shelf or bookcase, or ceiling fan blades, etc) I reserve the rest for said areas. Sometimes I throw them for a loop and paint a nice film over a few of my register/return vents just to really see if they are trying to track down every visible sign of filth, even down to the aroma level.

It took a few maid services but I finally found one that is batting 1.000 so far on cleaning my house! If you live in my neck of the woods I can gladly refer you, we can both get 25% off our next cleaning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread