Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Raged posted:

I have seen Luke die pretty quick from focused fire if he just blindly charges in. Vader moves so slow that he isn't going to have a chance to murder your whole army unless they are stacked in one big pile.

I will put Vader on a speeder bike and run him into a tree if it gets him close to the rebels before turn 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Drone posted:

Have FFG said anything about putting out Star Wars terrain, or are they leaving that to 3D printers or third party? [...] I have zero terrain or Star Wars-appropriate buildings I could use with it.

Use WH40K stuff. Just say it's taking place in a battlefield devastated by the Clone Wars, and you're set.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

They also have the ability to add specialized organizational units. Say a unit of shock stormtroopers that have the ability to rush faster but have weaker armor, or a rebellion mechanized force with better vehicle support. With the AT-RT they're showing that they aren't married to the movie canon.

I'm looking forward to dewback troopers and rebel sniper units.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

... I don't want to end up buying a ton of units at launch that end up never coming out of storage later, like happened with X-Wing.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

(Seriously, I do break out a TIE swarm on occasion. And if I play the fan-made single-player X-wing campaign, I end up using all those TIE fighters. So there are probably going to be uses for them.)