Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Obviously you should buy it, but someone put the entire 8 disc set in one YouTube video, it's over 9.5 hours long!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojeKBwNR18A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Is the soundtrack on Spotify? I haven't seen it.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

zakharov posted:

Is the soundtrack on Spotify? I haven't seen it.

Naw

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
:mad:

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm a big dumb stupid, but how can I acquire the Squat Squad gang tag? I'm assuming I'll have to wait until this whole thing is over

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

LODGE NORTH posted:

I'm a big dumb stupid, but how can I acquire the Squat Squad gang tag? I'm assuming I'll have to wait until this whole thing is over

I don't have GBS powers any more, so yeah I'd wait until buying one isn't giving money to Lowtax.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I completely forgot this was a thing after I played through it once. going to guess there's been no news on the second part

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Revins posted:

I completely forgot this was a thing after I played through it once. going to guess there's been no news on the second part

Yuffie expansion comes to PS5 on June 10th

https://www.gamesradar.com/final-fantasy-7-remake-yuffie-dlc-is-exclusive-to-ps5/

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
oh cool, can't wait to grab a ps5 in a few years

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The FF7 Remake was a weird game. I enjoyed 75% of it, then quickly got tired of how it was dragged out and just wanted it to be over.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Yaaaay, Yuffie.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ngl I would love them to just make Yuffie and Vincent DLC I never need to buy

But I imagine this is just a little side story with her, or whatever, and then there will be actual Yuffie content in the second game.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

esperterra posted:

But I imagine this is just a little side story with her, or whatever, and then there will be actual Yuffie content in the second game.

that's sort of what i'm expecting too tbh

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
There's a trailer. Y'all can watch it and know that yes it's a side story that takes place during Midgar. Looks fun imo.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

But that would require more effort than I was willing to exert while posting as I had my morning coffee and smoke.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

the yuffie dlc looks good to me. i agree with others, especially after the freeway robot dude, which we didn't really have to "fight" at the end? :( i didn't give two shits about anything past that portal thing, their metaphorical values to the game writer's intention nor did i care about defeating one winged sephiroth. yeah i get it many many players never played the original, but i still say too early for that poo poo

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I kinda stopped playing this game on hard mode because the thread died. So I died along with it.

Also I wont be buying a PS5 anytime soon because of financial situations. But maybe my side gig can net me one later this year. We will see.

Edit- I didnt share me beating Airbuster on Hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWQ_Lwelm_8

Would you like me to continue?

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 13, 2021

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

esperterra posted:

Wow dude.

:smith:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:(

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I finally got around to beating the remake on the Easter long weekend after taking a months-long break when the game glitched out during the Sephiroth battle. I don't love that he was there, but I can understand why - people want to see him in FFVII, I get it! Really in terms of plot my only major issue was that they gave away the thing with the black-cloaked men waaaaay too early. That and there was just far too much Johnny, who honestly felt like someone on the dev team really loved him and made him into some kind of Poochie kind of character.

The remake makes it way more obvious that Aeris knows she's not getting out of this alive, I think, but even in the original she knew what was going to happen. Aeris knew what was going on all along. I was immensely relieved that the jackass with the red motorcycle didn't show up again during the flight from Midgar, because I was convinced he was going to show up and be tediously anime.

The scene at the end where Cloud and Sephiroth have their little chat was kind of weird but the background music for that was 'You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet' and that kind of made it, somehow?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Mad Hamish posted:

The scene at the end where Cloud and Sephiroth have their little chat was kind of weird but the background music for that was 'You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet' and that kind of made it, somehow?

Seven seconds until the end.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXnxTdHpPIM

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mad Hamish posted:

That song is really good, awesome remake of that song in a game full of insanely good remakes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2OWGOnHoOY

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Aerith in og 7 100% thought she was coming back and it's curious that she seems so certain that progressing on the preferred path the planet will have a bad end for her. I'm replaying 7 now and at least as far as Junon she's leaving Midgar in order tofigure what's going on with herself/Sephiroth/many things.

That said, she definitely has it together more than anyone else in the squad. She understands and can communicate uncertainty about her place in all this but she is uncertain.

Which actually kind of reflects her position at the end of the remake. Missing the steel sky.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Cavelcade posted:

Aerith in og 7 100% thought she was coming back and it's curious that she seems so certain that progressing on the preferred path the planet will have a bad end for her. I'm replaying 7 now and at least as far as Junon she's leaving Midgar in order tofigure what's going on with herself/Sephiroth/many things.

That said, she definitely has it together more than anyone else in the squad. She understands and can communicate uncertainty about her place in all this but she is uncertain.

Which actually kind of reflects her position at the end of the remake. Missing the steel sky.

I'm 100% certain that OG 7 Aerith knows full well that she is going to die, in fact she probably knows she HAS to die in order to stop Sephiroth and Meteor. The fact she controls the Lifestream after the game in the Compilaton means she'll probably die again in the remake, unless SquareEnix are planning to re-write A LOT of stories.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
The point of her dying in the OG game is that death is sudden and pointless, inspired by one of the devs losing their mother if I remember right. She had already summoned Holy. It worked, she could have gotten up and kept going with Cloud and the gang. The reason Holy doesn’t immediately appear is Sephiroth’s influence from the crater. Cloud and the gang defeating him frees it and then we get the ending. I don’t believe it’s intended for us to think Aerith controls the life stream in death in the ending scene but I will admit I’m not as sure what the intent is there.

Remake Aerith knows that she did die in the OG timeline and so the whispers will make it so that it happens again, but she still doesn’t need to die for Avalanche to succeed.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Also I think Aerith was supposed to come back in OG 7, but the devs cut that out due to time constraints

I think that's where the whole myth of "if you go back to the ancient city at midnight on this particular day and have these specific materia equipped she'll return" rumors came from, and iirc there's some remnant dialogue from later in the game that suggests she's still alive

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Epi Lepi posted:

The point of her dying in the OG game is that death is sudden and pointless, inspired by one of the devs losing their mother if I remember right. She had already summoned Holy. It worked, she could have gotten up and kept going with Cloud and the gang. The reason Holy doesn’t immediately appear is Sephiroth’s influence from the crater. Cloud and the gang defeating him frees it and then we get the ending. I don’t believe it’s intended for us to think Aerith controls the life stream in death in the ending scene but I will admit I’m not as sure what the intent is there.

Remake Aerith knows that she did die in the OG timeline and so the whispers will make it so that it happens again, but she still doesn’t need to die for Avalanche to succeed.

I always thought that her death was essential since it's implies that Cloud was helped out of the lifestream with her help and that she provided the consciousness of the lifestream to destroy the meteor after holy had failed. Also they wouldn't have had a reason to bring the whole thing full circle with the shot of Aeris looking into the Mako.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

low key sex master posted:

Also I think Aerith was supposed to come back in OG 7, but the devs cut that out due to time constraints

I think that's where the whole myth of "if you go back to the ancient city at midnight on this particular day and have these specific materia equipped she'll return" rumors came from, and iirc there's some remnant dialogue from later in the game that suggests she's still alive
Aerith can show up in the Sector 5 church due to lax memory cleanliness. Might be something similar in Ancient City. Basically if you have just the right cruft in memory it boots up the movement scripts from when you meet her so you get a spooky ghost Aerith praying on flowers phasing in and out.

I guess the biggest reason to suspect there might have been more planned for her is she doesn't kill the game if you game genie her back in, compared to doing the same to Sephiroth but I'd put more stock into that being Sephiroth has a bunch of weird autoattack scripts and the flashback is hacked in to begin with.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Is the flashback really that jank?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The ending of original FF7 is depressing as hell. Midgar still gets destroyed by meteor and being like 10x the size of any other town probably means like 60% of the global population lives there.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

bradzilla posted:

The ending of original FF7 is depressing as hell. Midgar still gets destroyed by meteor and being like 10x the size of any other town probably means like 60% of the global population lives there.

I always took it that the people of Midgar realized it wasn't a sustainable life style, and abandoned the city.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

bradzilla posted:

The majority of the population somehow were evacuated and built a new city called Edge, near Kalm.

It does amuse me that every single other town or city on the planet has an average population of about 20 people, though

EDIT - Apart from Upper Junon, but that's basically a Shinra Base.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Dell_Zincht posted:

The majority of the population somehow were evacuated and built a new city called Edge, near Kalm.

Ah that's right, it's mentioned in a single line of dialogue during the ending.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

bradzilla posted:

Ah that's right, it's mentioned in a single line of dialogue during the ending.

It's also a major plot point of Advent Children

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I remember nothing about AC. Might have to pick it up.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

bradzilla posted:

I remember nothing about AC. Might have to pick it up.

It's a fun film. Get the Complete edition though, and watch it in Japanese with English subs.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
AC to me will always be the lovely 360p rip of the Japanese version my friend burned for me on a DVD months before it came out in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Dilly dally shilly shally!