Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Metal Cat posted:

The only bad things about IX are the battle transition times and the fact you can't control the Trance system well. And the transition times were improved in the remastered version IIRC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym321KSBIl4

I thought the story got pretty dumb towards the end. Of course that happens in every FF games but IX started out pretty lighthearted so the switch to saving the world and souls and all that poo poo felt more jarring than usual.

Still a cool game though and it has aged better than VII/VIII imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

wide stance posted:

A secret nude FMV sequence, I wonder if square would spend millions of dollars on that

:thunk:

who knows what the heck square was thinking with the FMVs in that game. like 10% of them use the lovely PS1 super deformed models. why would they do that? :psyduck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19dnvjNGilg

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

OWLS! posted:

Final fantasy is unrepentant garbage

wrong

final fantisy tic tacs: constellation rock paper scissors is the greatest narrative made by anyone since homer, has spawned several full length novels, no less than four full cinematic releases, and an independent brand of sandwich bread

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

i was like 12 or around that when i played ff7. i didn't have a playstation- i played the pc release. it mainly used the numpad on the keyboard and it came with this plastic overlay you put on your keyboard on top of the numpad to tell you what keys did what. sucks that i can't find a pic of it

anyways this remake isn't gonna be a turn-based rpg like the original so that means i will not get any nostalgia bonerz. suck my square assole square enix

e: found a pic of it on ebay

90s pc game ports rocked

no joke tho this is what made me buy my first 3d card. ffviipc cost can't-even-drive me $300 to play a game I could have on a (then) console of the same price with a 34MHz processor

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

DrPossum posted:

wrong

final fantisy tic tacs: constellation rock paper scissors is the greatest narrative made by anyone since homer, has spawned several full length novels, no less than four full cinematic releases, and an independent brand of sandwich bread

Tough... Blame yourself or God.

FFT is cool and the original translation is a work of art.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

who knows what the heck square was thinking with the FMVs in that game. like 10% of them use the lovely PS1 super deformed models. why would they do that? :psyduck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19dnvjNGilg

They made the FMVs as they went along, and learned along the way. Nowadays they have a separate company the FMVs first and then they have to scramble to make a story to somehow string them together.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

myDad posted:

where the titties??

A simple xnxx search later:

edit:
thought better of it

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

A simple xnxx search later:

edit:
thought better of it

*sighs, puts pants back on*

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Can we all agree that ff xiii loving sucked

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

I think this is what turned me gay

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
idk why that dude pissed people off so much. A FF game without twinks and ridiculous outfits just wouldn't be the same.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Every thread about FF turns into an argument about which one is best.

That said, 13-2 is objectively the best.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Chillgamesh posted:

The most cherished scene I think is in danger of getting left out is the where the fat Shinra guy Palmer gets hit by an 18 wheeler

I like it when you stumble on those Turk guys at that blown up reactor town and the guys are arguing over whether tifa or aeris is hotter and the female turk is all :chloe:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Over There posted:

I think this is what turned me gay

Really? Because it's what turned me straight

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

communism bitch posted:

I like it when you stumble on those Turk guys at that blown up reactor town and the guys are arguing over whether tifa or aeris is hotter and the female turk is all :chloe:

my friend insisted he once unlocked Rufus as a playable character after some absurd series of events. of course the save file got "corrupted" and he couldn't show me. i believed him, as Rufus had an appropriate character model to be playable, and it would be bad rear end. stupid lying friend :(

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

bloom posted:

idk why that dude pissed people off so much. A FF game without twinks and ridiculous outfits just wouldn't be the same.

Too much exposed skin for a desert dweller. It strains believability!

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Rutibex posted:

my friend insisted he once unlocked Rufus as a playable character after some absurd series of events. of course the save file got "corrupted" and he couldn't show me. i believed him, as Rufus had an appropriate character model to be playable, and it would be bad rear end. stupid lying friend :(

If you collect 35 of the 1/35 soldier models you can resurrect Aeris!!!!!

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

man I bet they redesign tifa with totally regular boobs :(

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

bitmap posted:

man I bet they redesign tifa with totally regular boobs :(

Nope:

Game is still gonna suck though. Smashing button FF is terrible and boring. It's like a lovely Tales of game only it takes itself 100% seriously.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nope:

Game is still gonna suck though. Smashing button FF is terrible and boring. It's like a lovely Tales of game only it takes itself 100% seriously.

Not quite soccer ball tits, but almost there.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Too much exposed skin for a desert dweller. It strains believability!

Basch had it worse.

He was the only character with an excuse though. After being tortured in a dungeon for a few years, that mish-mash is what his buddy basically scrounged from the Goodwill.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wicker Man posted:

Not quite soccer ball tits, but almost there.

I'm completely nonplussed by them tatters, they have lost some volume!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I wonder if tifa and cloud still gently caress under the highwind :D

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Woah that takes me back to like 2003

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why mess with perfection?

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

nooo they did it they nerfed tifas tits :negative:

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
The Knights of the Round Summon sequence will be 5 minutes longer, and still unskippable

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
Secret of Mana remake drops today on Steam and PS4. Currently downloading it but can't play until my husband gets home. Pretty stoked cause I loved the original, hopefully they didn't gently caress it up somehow.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

anglerfish posted:

Secret of Mana remake drops today on Steam and PS4. Currently downloading it but can't play until my husband gets home. Pretty stoked cause I loved the original, hopefully they didn't gently caress it up somehow.

lol what are you talking about, this is modern Square-Enix, of course they hosed it up

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I wonder if they'll keep the bit where the mad scientist tries to mate Aerith with the lion

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
I hope they add more Toejam & Earl style exploration.

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

hannah minx tifa cosplay video

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

ive never liked final fantasy but the last one on ps4 looks so loving stupid i kind of want it

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

anglerfish posted:

Call me when they remake Legend of Mana

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

myDad posted:

Call me when they remake Legend of Dragoon

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

myDad posted:

Call me when they remake Einhander

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

myDad posted:

Call me when they remake Wild Arms

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

myDad posted:

Call me when they remake Bahamut Lagoon

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

anglerfish posted:

of course they hosed it up but you and a bunch of other dorks preordered it so they knew they didn't have to give a poo poo

this is a positive review on steam:

quote:

Ok isn't good at all... but probably with a patch they can fix the game... Frame rate its bad, no vertical frame, no 1080p...

Graphics are ok for now but in overall I think with the next patch they most to fix some glitches, add more option to change graphic because you can not change anything. Max resolution screen its 720p.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
watched a trailer yesterday, not interested