Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RobotDogPolice posted:

When I was a kid I just cheesed the last fight with Knights of the Round and Mimic.

getting knights of the round took longer than just beating the final boss legitimately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I got about 10 hours into FF15 and its the worst POS I've played and the combat is horrid. And I got to Gran Pulse in FF13.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Over There posted:

Didn't they make his health quadruple or something when you used the Knights?

According to the :spergin:FF wiki:spergin:

For every character at Level 99, 30,000 HP, 2 Attack, 20 Defense, 5 Magic Attack, and 16 Magic Defense are added to Safer∙Sephiroth's stats.
If Knights of the Round was cast on Jenova∙SYNTHESIS, Safer∙Sephiroth receives an extra 80,000 maximum HP.
For every time Bizarro∙Sephiroth's head was killed during the previous fight, Safer∙Sephiroth's maximum HP is reduced by 100, up to a maximum reduction of 24,900 HP.
Considering all these, Safer∙Sephiroth's maximum stats (bracketed in the table) are:

400,000 maximum HP, 246 Attack, 260 Defense, 140 Magic Power, and 308 Magic Defense.
Safer∙Sephiroth's attacks follow an eight turn cycle, allowing the player to predict his next attack and prepare accordingly.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RobotDogPolice posted:

He's always been pretty short/skinny, but the new cloud looks a little off.

I always thought of him as lean but well muscled. He's also infused with magic so I never thought it was weird he could swing the buster sword

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bradzilla posted:

For every character at Level 99, 30,000 HP, 2 Attack, 20 Defense, 5 Magic Attack, and 16 Magic Defense are added to Safer∙Sephiroth's stats.
If Knights of the Round was cast on Jenova∙SYNTHESIS, Safer∙Sephiroth receives an extra 80,000 maximum HP.
For every time Bizarro∙Sephiroth's head was killed during the previous fight, Safer∙Sephiroth's maximum HP is reduced by 100, up to a maximum reduction of 24,900 HP.
Considering all these, Safer∙Sephiroth's maximum stats (bracketed in the table) are:

400,000 maximum HP, 246 Attack, 260 Defense, 140 Magic Power, and 308 Magic Defense.
Safer∙Sephiroth's attacks follow an eight turn cycle, allowing the player to predict his next attack and prepare accordingly.

that's hosed up, why even do that? breeding the loving golden chocobo to get knights of the round was a royal pain the in rear end, they should let me one shot sephiroth. the summon was only actually useful for fighting ruby weapon anyway

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016

bradzilla posted:

Hah, wow. I was just a dumb kid so I assumed using the super move was the key to victory.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Rutibex posted:

that's hosed up, why even do that? breeding the loving golden chocobo to get knights of the round was a royal pain the in rear end, they should let me one shot sephiroth. the summon was only actually useful for fighting ruby weapon anyway

I liked how easy the last fights in Final Fantasy X were if you did any of the optional stuff. Seymour comes out with his fancy final form and his mom bitchslaps him for a million damage.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Somewhere there's a nerd out there that killed Bizarro-Sephiroth's head 249 times to reduce Safer's HP by 24,900

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
It's about the journey not the destination.

Breeding magic chickens then going on an epic adventure with them.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

bradzilla posted:

Somewhere there's a nerd out there that killed Bizarro-Sephiroth's head 249 times to reduce Safer's HP by 24,900

I bet it's actually 255 but the nerd who verified miscounted and nobody cares enough to recheck.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

if you do it 256 times he gets 2 billion extra hp

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm gonna start a play through of the original this Sunday. Can't wait to kill houses by punching them.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Inept posted:

if you do it 256 times he gets 2 billion extra hp

There would be so many videos of nerds doing this and then spending 6 hours straight playing the knights of the round animation at sephiroth.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

bloom posted:

I liked how easy the last fights in Final Fantasy X were if you did any of the optional stuff. Seymour comes out with his fancy final form and his mom bitchslaps him for a million damage.

This was the best.

Oh no, look out for that hell turtle the size of a house!
*Yuna strolls over and with a dainty whack of her staff one shots it*

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
:wow:

since I am no longer fourteen I won't do anything with this information but I would not have guessed that

although i guess she was friends with a goon in high school or something?

(the best part of this image is that the video is muted)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just jack off to Elvira like a real man you little punks.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I have a great shame. I put like 300+ hours into FFX in my teenage days. I defeated all the optional bosses. I got all the ultimate weapons. Including Wakka's (endless hours of horrible blitzball) and Lulu's (dodge TWO HUNDRED loving LIGHTNING BOLTS). I redid all the sphere grids to complete perfection, including Luck. Then I found out that since I wasn't playing the International Edition, the hardest bosses in the game weren't even available to me and it was all pointless.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Alpha Mayo posted:

I have a great shame. I put like 300+ hours into FFX in my teenage days. I defeated all the optional bosses. I got all the ultimate weapons. Including Wakka's (endless hours of horrible blitzball) and Lulu's (dodge TWO HUNDRED loving LIGHTNING BOLTS). I redid all the sphere grids to complete perfection, including Luck. Then I found out that since I wasn't playing the International Edition, the hardest bosses in the game weren't even available to me and it was all pointless.

The extra stuff in FFX took a ridiculous amount of grinding. I got the ultimate weapons(if you used the lightning glitch blitzball was the only really painful one to get) and beat Omega but the dark aeons and Penance were just stupid.

I've actually been playing FF X-2 for the first time this week and once you get past how weird it is it's kinda good. More FFs should do class systems. Definitely wouldn't want anyone to see me playing it though.

bloom fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 16, 2018

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Solice Kirsk posted:

Just jack off to Elvira like a real man you little punks.
you really think I made it all the way to fourteen years of age without doing that?

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017
I hope they don't add dumb stuff from Crisis Core, like the Genesis guy. I don't even remember what his deal was other than looking like a Deviantart OC and reciting poems everytime someone said something.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Metal Cat posted:

I hope they don't add dumb stuff from Crisis Core, like the Genesis guy. I don't even remember what his deal was other than looking like a Deviantart OC and reciting poems everytime someone said something.
they can't add that dude because his likeness is some pop singer or something who's trademarked and there was like a falling out or something

help me out nerds

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Metal Cat posted:

How do you know he's dumb if you don't remember what he did?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

bloom posted:

I didn’t do any of the optional stuff in ten and the final boss raped me.

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

sassassin posted:

How do you know he's dumb if you don't remember what he did?

What I vaguely remember is that his character was obnoxious, but it's been a long time since I've played it so idk

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I never played it, but my brother-in-law described him as Sephiroth's Sephiroth.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Crisis Core was really good and Dirge of Cerberus was literally a masterpiece.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
A master piece of poo poo

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Don't sign your posts

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
That guy's name is Gackt and he used to be in Malice Mizer back in the 90s. How you gomna be a 90s jrpg-playing teen and not know who malice mizer were smdh

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
still legit lolling that they're paying a bunch of money to make the game less marketable to the people who would obviously shell out the most for it.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

RobotDogPolice posted:

Not hyped. I love FFVII because it's one of the first RPGs I remember playing and all of the charm comes from the blocky characters, pre rendered backgrounds, etc. I like it because it's a product of its time and remaking it to cash in on nostalgia is lame. So much of that game seemed cool when it was being processed through the imagination of an 11 year old. Going through it today fully voiced dialog and a bunch of cutscenes will probably make it cringe inducing.

This guy loving nailed it. JRPG dialogue in general is pretty awful, but spoken aloud it's is basically an out-of-control firehose spraying a constant jet of ultra-concentrated liquid cringe at full blast, capable of instantly corroding whatever charitable sliver of respect that roommates, friends, parents, and significant others may have ever felt toward you withers and dies an excruciating, shameful death.

Thanks to the miracle of modern technology, what used to be a series of mercifully silent text boxes is now a seizure-inducing ritual of sitting perfectly still and praying for death as a cadre of teenagers dressed like a colorblind magician's sex dungeon shout and pose at each each other about the power of friendship. Finally, after decades of outdated flexibility of being able to skipping through cumbersome exposition, middle school-quality writing is brought to life through the shrill, tedious performances of memorable characters like: brooding hero, """"""comic"""""" relief, scantily-clad, ultra-sexualized love interest, and scantily-clad, ultra-sexualized, underaged love interest.

Thanks to the tireless efforts of Japanese developers, these miserable conveniences have been completely modernized and updated to deliver fully-voiced, high-definition cutscenes that induce overwhelming dread and innovative, streamlined feelings helplessness as control is periodically wrested from the player unannounced to subject them to a baffling assault on the very concept of human interaction. Seconds pass like hours as nobody can muster the courage to make eye contact or look directly at the screen or even move a muscle as everyone quietly fights to keep their own skeletons from bursting free from their anguished prison and fleeing in abject shame.

This is truly what the genre has been working towards all these years.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
I don’t like to talk about FFVII on something awful because my only probation is from spoiling a line of dialogue from this 20+ year old game.

But I will say that I’m excited for the remake

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Holy poo poo, that loving thread went on for 6 years?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i hope aeris has the most annoyingly high pitched voice of a 5 year old retard like you typically hear from your stereotypical female characters in english dubbed anime. that way people will cheer when she gets murdered

however, i also want sephiroth to have that stereotypical douchy voice you see in male characters from english dubbed anime. i recommend hiring egoraptor

this way those who will prefer the annoying gameplay design will suffer throughout. yes fuckers, i spelled aerith wrong, go choke on your strawberry pocky and die a slow death, clinging to your creepy anime body pillow

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

this way those who will prefer the annoying gameplay design will suffer throughout. yes fuckers, i spelled aerith wrong, go choke on your strawberry pocky and die a slow death, clinging to your creepy anime body pillow

settle down beavis

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
actually it’s pronounced arse

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Grump posted:

I don’t like to talk about FFVII on something awful because my only probation is from spoiling a line of dialogue from this 20+ year old game.

But I will say that I’m excited for the remake

You're :qq: over a 1 day probation from 6 years ago

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Solice Kirsk posted:

I never played it, but my brother-in-law described him as Sephiroth's Sephiroth.

Not really because Genesis is the one with a chip on his shoulder about how cool and special Sephiroth is. So he's more a proto-Cloud (without the memory loss, and whose Sephiroth is actually a guy not an alien imitation).

Angeal is the garbage character addition in Crisis Core.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Please don’t post spoilers in this thread. I want to play the remake unspoiled when it releases in 2025 and it’ll make the experience worse if you spoil stuff like Aeris dies, Cait Sith is a robot, or Cloud fucks a dolphin, so please don’t spoil any of that for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

myDad posted:

Call me when they remake Croc