Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
It's 2020 and I just spent all day playing final fantasy 7, then listening to NIN. The time vortex is complete to get out of the plague.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Corneo is a man of discerning taste then.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

zakharov posted:

Why does the Wall Market song play on the road there but not in the actual market? 0/10 would not recommend
The remix is much too powerful for how long Wall Market is this time around, you'd be shooting blood out your tear ducts if it played the whole way through.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Claw crane is fine conceptually but I will not truck with cranes that only move in a single axis. Shameful cranes.

Did get a kick out of it saying the yellow loading zones are for your safety when it is very clear there are no interlocks required for anything a person would be able to ride on. Aeris dies to a sudden circuit fault high and is instantly crushed beneath a robot crane finger

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Harrow posted:

The squats mini-game is great.

The pull-ups one later is painful.
I don't think my brain can rewire fast enough to handle round 2. Starting slow again, ok. New pattern, ok. Starting slow with a new pattern? Brain blue screens and I have a mini stroke.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If there was an optional trophy for killing Aeris would you do it?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

biracial bear for uncut posted:

It's gonna be awesome in the sequel when we find out that the reason Aerith tells Cloud not to fall for her is because she has every intention of pushing him in front of the sword and hooking up with Tifa after they defeat Sephiroth.

The Honeybee Inn scene awakened something terrible in Aerith.
Finally, change I can believe in.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
It's an accidental ironic twist that your pride spirit guides are actually petite bourgeois who's property was given to them for enabling a sex pest to rape people.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I can understand some of the people who saw chapter 17 as filler but I had a lot of fun touring Hojos spooky puppy mill looking for OSHA violations.

Where are your Janitors Hojo, someone is going to slip on all this dog poo poo. You absolute madman Hojo, that pipe didnt even have any fasteners on the bolts let alone the lack of good pipe supports! There's railings missing everywhere you inept clod, Hojo! I'm going to need to see your emergency egress plan Hojo, I'm not so sure I can get back to the fire escape from here you know.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Is it wrong that I want to be Palmer when I grow up?

Gonna be sad when that truck comes but we'll always have the memories of his tea.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

The White Dragon posted:

i think some of it has to do with how various japanese mocap actors are also trained/professional stage actors. like they aren't doing it to be anime they're doing it because that's how they do in their other nine-to-five
I don't see how their 9 to 5 acting is exclusive from being anime. Anime is real.

But also on the side of it being good mocap.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

cock hero flux posted:

aeristh turns out to be a robot controlled by reeve and another shows up 5 minutes later

cait sith is an actual real catperson and it's very sad when the temple flattens him
I forget if it was a fan fic or some forgotten corner of an Ultimania in which the moogle is a robot, but the fairy cat is a real flesh and blood fairy cat that Reeve used Manipulate materia on. Reeve murdered a cat so Cloud could give Meteor to Sephiroth.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If I could be half as happy as Aerith is hitting a guy with chair I would fulfilled for life.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Heath posted:

So what you're saying is that there exists materia formed of the memories of, say, skilled mathematicians of the past who have died, and I could equip it to learn math? L
Matheria??
I mean I guess. But you can go to school and learn math. You can't go to school to learn Firaga. So there's gonna be certain priorities on which materia you keep and which you liquidize and cram into Airbuster or back into the reactor.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

God Hole posted:

if you press up down square square triangle L1 R1 then the game will get interrupted by a cinematic where your party members jump in front of sephiroth before he penetrates aeris
Same but Cloud and Tifa near the Highwind.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

low key sex master posted:

Also I think Aerith was supposed to come back in OG 7, but the devs cut that out due to time constraints

I think that's where the whole myth of "if you go back to the ancient city at midnight on this particular day and have these specific materia equipped she'll return" rumors came from, and iirc there's some remnant dialogue from later in the game that suggests she's still alive
Aerith can show up in the Sector 5 church due to lax memory cleanliness. Might be something similar in Ancient City. Basically if you have just the right cruft in memory it boots up the movement scripts from when you meet her so you get a spooky ghost Aerith praying on flowers phasing in and out.

I guess the biggest reason to suspect there might have been more planned for her is she doesn't kill the game if you game genie her back in, compared to doing the same to Sephiroth but I'd put more stock into that being Sephiroth has a bunch of weird autoattack scripts and the flashback is hacked in to begin with.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Who What Now posted:

Is the flashback really that jank?
I remember somebody explaining it during some let's break the game Let's Play. IIRC it's something like there's exactly 9 data structures in memory to keep track of persistent leveling data etc. of characters. The game pulls from here to populate everything character based so the easiest way to get a character in the party is stick them in here. That's basically what you do to get Aeris back in, I think it's the logical equivalent of in party = yes because even though she's dead, she rides along in memory in the background.

During the flashback all the current data gets shunted to the rear end end of RAMsville and Sephiroth and Dorky Cloud are loaded in. I don't think Sephiroth and Dorky Cloud were meant to fill the entire structure because they arent permanent party members so even if you snapshot those addresses and plug them into free slots later they end up breaking stuff.

Somebody who is an actual tech nerd FF7 expert can come in and fix the multitude of places I'm sure I'm wrong and not remembering right about this.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
PS1 is still the era of duct taped assembly code because you can put nearly anything you can imagine on a 650mb disc and then you need to figure out how to cram it into 2mb of RAM plus misc. caches and how that condensed into a 8kb memory card save file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
No Mr Dolphin = No Buy