Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i usually dislike tryhard posts but i gotta admit this one is p. drat good

why are you intimidated by effort?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Man, that movie was so loving stupid upon rewatch.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Can't wait to hear Heidegger's dumb horse laughter acted out by a coked up VA. Keeping my fingers crossed it won't be a dlc.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of changing things for a western audience, I remember the box art for Breath of Fire 2 confusing me as a kid. The main character is some blue-haired 15ish year old kid, but they changed it a bit for ~reasons~

Yeah, that's some Conan-esque barbarian hamming it up for impressionable young-uns. Coming to think of it that game was the first to introduce me to the concept of cat girls.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Chillgamesh posted:

Cool Cloud from the beginning of FF7 is a poser pretending to be Zack, nerd Cloud from the middle to end of FF7 is actual Cloud, Depressive Disorder Cloud from Advent Children is sad about dying of anime cancer. Also, he adopted a kid who is also dying of anime cancer. Also, Advent Children is bad

Best Cloud is the one who says "let's mosey".

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

It's not really a literary cliche. the actual real life knights and castles middle ages was a post-apocalyptic world. those people were living in a world full of ancient Greek gadgets and the ruins of Roman monuments and aquiducts.

The final fantasy series just exaggerates it

Holy cow I've never tought of it like that before. :psyduck:

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Elentor posted:

How are you not thinking of Cosmo Canyon

You can get that and a great tune mysteriously playing on the background constantly.

Do everyone in Cosmo Canyon keep yammering about their dead parents or was that only Red XIII? Kind of a deal breaker if you're all hanging around the bonfire getting high, and then some fucker pipes up about his dead father and before you know of it you're all trying to one-up eachother about whose parent died the most glorious death. Totally ruins the mood.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
The remake should have an uncle mode where all the 'my uncle works at Square' rumours are enabled.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
There's a guy over at deviantart who's been making a FF7 comic for the last 8ish years. It spoils pretty much everything happening in the game, just a heads-up. https://www.deviantart.com/obstinatemelon/art/Final-Fantasy-7-Page001-160975084

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

Red's plot makes perfect sense imho. In the grand scheme of things, though, it feels p inconsequential compared to everybody else's backstories being rooted in something to do with ShinRa. iirc Red doesn't get any real connection to that big driving force in the world, other than being Hojo's lab rat for a hot minute. His backstory/fleshing out is all about Cosmo Canyon and his father, which is p dope but mostly exists so you have something to fight in that part of the game I guess lmao

I don't get why they decided to keep his father's fate a secret. What purpose does that serve? And if I remember correctly, Bugenhagen tells it like he promised both of Red's parents to keep the cave sealed, so does that mean Seto lived long enough to have a chat before petrifying in a heroic pose?

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Elentor posted:

Oh look, he can cry, which means he's sentient in this horrible, awful state. It's beautiful. Let's keep him like this. Bye Seto!

Seto, in a very Ripley voice: Kiiiilllllll meeeeeee.

Sounds like DLC content: Unstone Seto, only 4.99$ to unlock!

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
I can't imagine New Cloud being a Let's Mosey Cloud. :smith:

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

I liked David the Gnome as a kid. My childhood choices were kick rear end.

Man, that show, along with Watership Down, really hosed me up as a kid.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
oh boy I hope Biggs' butt catches fire like in the original.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Extra Large Marge posted:

That combat system looks like it might work out pretty well.

EGGS&CHIPS

im PIZ

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
I think there was a cut side story where Hojo had cloned him and made Reds XIV and XV, and that's pretty much it regarding the whole tattoo deal.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Chillgamesh posted:

Can't wait to shove a kindergartner out of the way and smash kick a soccer ball into Red XIII's face IN 4K!!!!!

Be careful what you wish for, friend.

link

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
please Square; no dumb fart ghosts in my remake

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
My first playthrough I named her Chicken. In fact they all got teenage edgelord names. :smug:
I was still sad when Chicken died.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
The way I understood the ending, Midgar had been *the* center for extracting mako energy, so there was no incentive to rebuild after it had been hosed over since Mako tech was no longer a thing. Given how barren the area just outside Midgar was during the game, the regrowth of nature symbolised that the Planet had fully recovered.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
I had a dream where I was playing a version of ff7 but the graphics were like those in phoenix wright and the voice acting was good. Also everyone were birds.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
That's not how you say 'Aeris'!! I'm melting down here!

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Vakal posted:

The RedXIII / Aeris scene is going to be really spicy in the remake.

Due to difficulties adapting the unique fighting style of a quadroped character (somersaults lol) to this New Experience, Red XIII's character has been replaced by an effeminate man with cat ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

why would sony build it into the system when they can sell you a 1mb SD card for a 50x mark-up?

I'm pretty sure I saw and ad for memory cards in a magazine back then that read "try completing FF7 without it".