Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

I am legit very excited to be disappointed by this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Plan Z posted:

I remember looking up stuff for the game and didn't have the concept of fan fiction in my head. I saw all of these stories and was like "oh cool there's all of this extra story stuff on a game I like." I kind of finally clued in that it wasn't official when I saw a story that was all about Cloud having a bad hair day.

Hmm, cloud furiously pounding red xiii in the butt, yuffie using stolen materia as anal breads, wait...bad hair day!? This isn't from square!

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

How many EU things has Cloud been a part of? Just Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts?

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Kingdom Hearts lost me when Johnny Depp, essentially, showed up.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

EvilTaytoMan posted:

So KH2 then?

Yes, but it was specifically that part of KH2.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

The CT cutscene of Frog cutting the mountain in half is the most hilariously Dragon Ball thing.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Heath posted:

lol according to the fan wiki Kefka is 5'4" and 35 years old and a canon birthday of November 19th so happy birthday I guess

Kefka being 5'4" actually works really well, lol.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

I still love that for the 3D remake, when they realized you can't rename characters due to voiced cutscenes, rather than simply cut Namingway they have him have an existential crisis and travel the world constantly renaming himself and giving you silly small sidequests. One involves helping him keep out of hot water for accidentally setting up dates with 2 different girls at the same time lol.

The 3D remakes of III and IV had a lot of care put into them. I like them a lot.

Also, talking about IV reminded me of this really good breakdown of IV's translation, comparing the original japanese, the original english, and the re-translation for the 3D remake: https://legendsoflocalization.com/final-fantasy-iv/

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

X-2 has the best execution of the ATB system and the job system.

Also, it's peppiness is a great contrast to FFX. Where X has an obsession with death, X-2 has an obsession with life; it's goofy, optimistic, and fun. FF needs more of that.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

I used to speedrun X-2, and the massage was my most consistent runkiller forever.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

cock hero flux posted:

no don't, the elevator fight being a massive slog because you removed everyone's materia is a crucial part of the way the game was actually played

this is where 11 year old me gave up on the game.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

I hope the remake gets rid of the entire dumb relationship system and does what they should've done from the start: establish Barrett as the only canonical date.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

World of Final Fantasy is an actual game? I thought it was just another thing like Brave Exveveziusze.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Final Fantasy VII Remake Reveal Teased for 2019
https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/12/19/final-fantasy-7-remake-update/

Tetsuya Nomura, director of the Final Fantasy VII remake project, and producer Yoshinori Kitase, both provided a “keyword” for 2019, along with a message for the fans. Nomura’s keyword was, well, “7.” But his message was more of a nugget, as he said “various plans will be announced.” Meanwhile, Kitase’s keyword was, “long wait,” and  his message was, “I’d like to try my best to respond to the expectations of the fans.”

Definitely worth an article, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

I'd like to see a game play with the idea of Active Time Events a bit more. Like the Sexy Brutale but with multiple characters instead of time travel.