Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i was like 12 or around that when i played ff7. i didn't have a playstation- i played the pc release. it mainly used the numpad on the keyboard and it came with this plastic overlay you put on your keyboard on top of the numpad to tell you what keys did what. sucks that i can't find a pic of it

anyways this remake isn't gonna be a turn-based rpg like the original so that means i will not get any nostalgia bonerz. suck my square assole square enix

e: found a pic of it on ebay

90s pc game ports rocked

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

do gen z turds prefer this final fantasy 13/15 style fighting over the correct way to fight in a final fantasy game? hold down L and R and get off my lawn

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i hope aeris is a dyke lesbian in the remake

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

myDad posted:

where the titties??

look at the new design of lara croft

tifa is gonna be flat-chested and armed with a 9 inch clit

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

Are they changing it much or is it mostly a visual update?

I think the gameplay would hold up fine, the pc version of 7 was like a couple bucks on steam a while back and I played through most of it again (basically stopped at the end cause I didn't wanna grind to kill the optional bosses), materia system was still awesome and the game pace was solid.

eh, i guess you never saw the gameplay trailer. here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMWEjWCwjzM

from the 2-3 seconds of fighting gameplay it looks sorta like ff15-style fighting

you probably walk around in a very linear fashion too. maybe like ff13

it's gonna suck

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i hope aeris has the most annoyingly high pitched voice of a 5 year old retard like you typically hear from your stereotypical female characters in english dubbed anime. that way people will cheer when she gets murdered

however, i also want sephiroth to have that stereotypical douchy voice you see in male characters from english dubbed anime. i recommend hiring egoraptor

this way those who will prefer the annoying gameplay design will suffer throughout. yes fuckers, i spelled aerith wrong, go choke on your strawberry pocky and die a slow death, clinging to your creepy anime body pillow

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i see they have final fantasy IX on PS4, "improved" graphics but still 4:3. thankfully they fill the black bars with something sorta like the Grim Fandango remaster. For some reason i find it easier on the eyes when the black sides get filled with something

i might check it out later

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i've seen people mock the mini games of ffVII but i swear those are the most memorable parts to me

take that as you will in how you rate the game

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i don't

weed is awesome

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

if you wanna play ff7 in this day and age you use one with a keyboard mod - i assume that version on steam has that. there's also a mod for improved digital audio that's community-made to replace that old midi crap it came with. the other big one replaces the character models with the ones used in fighting that uses more polygons. no more cube hands and all that poo poo. a bunch of them are custom made. dunno what the other mods are these days. i probably last played it in 2006 or around then

i can't wait until the remake comes out as there's nothing more fun than playing a japanese rpg where the main character is a male eunuch with a giant sword

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i hope in the remake tifa still does that titty hop in slo mo every time you win a fight

never played this before but it made me lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxWgY7rUEY4

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

bloom posted:

Is that the actual PS1 game on actual cds? Did IX sell super bad and they got stuck with warehouses full of copies or something?

they have an updated digital edition for ps4. "improved" gfx etc but still 4:3

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

bloom posted:

Yeah but as far as I can tell that is actually the original PS1 game they're selling there. Everything else is labeled either [digital] or [steam] or [pc download], but that one's straight up [PS]

this is the same as the PC release more or less, which is a remake vs the PS3 one which is just a port of the PS1 version. you cannot play the original on the PS4 unless you do it via PS Now or something.

here's the link to the game you think you're talking about https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-NPUJ01251_00-0000000000000001

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

square penix keep pushing out those turd cubes thx

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

it works. it sorta alters your 5 senses by making you feel like you're experiencing everything for the first time while not affecting your previous knowledge of it. shadow of the colossus remake is p awesome with teh weed

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

breaking news: in the ff7 remake, it's been found out that cait sith's giant stuffed moogle actually identifies as nonbinary genderqueer. take that, cis scum !!!! 💪💪🏻💪🏼💪🏽💪🏾💪🏿

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i only played FF7 on the PC and I got it as soon as it was released. i remember being amazed by the 4 discs and the amount of drive space it took up compared to other games: a little under half a gigabyte - 460MB. in comparison, Windows 98 took up around 170MB of space and standard hard drive sizes in those days were 2-4GB. it was p cool to a 13 year old nerd back then

yeah, the 3D models were nothing like what were in other 3D PC games when it was released, but i don't think the difference mattered as much back then as it does now. even with the fighting limited to 320x240 resolution if you didn't have a 3dfx card

i guess i have a PS1 port on my list of favorite and most memorable PC games

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 7, 2018

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

this just in regarding the latest ff7 remake news:

FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Rutibex posted:

so what you are saying is FF7 remake needs to be a VR game

3d tifa boobie bouncing ftw

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

holy poo poo finally some up to date news regarding the ff7 remake:

FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

looks like square enix is doing a showcase at e3 in a month

https://e3.square-enix-games.com/en-us/

i will absolutely love it if ff7 isn't mentioned once. just to see the reaction of fans

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

be sure to watch Square Penix's press conference vid if you wanna check out new ff7 remake vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqdap1cPgAo

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

looks like square enix is doing a showcase at e3 in a month

https://e3.square-enix-games.com/en-us/

i will absolutely love it if ff7 isn't mentioned once. just to see the reaction of fans

lol i win

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

A. Beaverhausen posted:

"Final Fantasy 7 Remake Will Be An Action game"

https://dailygamingreport.co.uk/latest-gaming-news/final-fantasy-7-remake-will-be-an-action-game/

An RPG-less Final Fantasy lol

Haha yeah I don't give a poo poo about this remake anymore. Square Enix is retarded

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I hope it ends up being a Barrett FPS for Playstation VR released in 2024. Then I will buy it

e:

LadyPictureShow posted:

But if it’s an action game about Barret chasing down sex offenders in Midgar, I’d still play it.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I hope there's a hot coffee mod for the Gold Saucer date or else I'm not gonna buy it. I need some Cloud on Barrett action

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I just want a quality ff7/Barret Doom WAD. That's all I'm asking for Square Penix

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

So this Japanese game dev company CyberConnect2 was supposed to do the remake but Square Enix fired em or something? Anyways I looked up game list and I guess they developed Some Final Fantasy 7 G-Bike game for Android and iOS, but Square Enix shut it down a year later so it never left Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3KKH9zB59Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7soIdcfv6kw

my bad if it's already mentioned in this thread. i've never heard of this

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i still haven't tried ff15. i think the fighting gameplay is a bit of a turn-off. i actually might try out ff14 as i've never played that. paying monthly for a mmorpg is sort of outdated to me though

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Are there any good jrpgs for ps3 or ps4? I haven't paid attention since the ps2 days

how 'bout a prpg (polish) it's called the witcher 3

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Heath posted:

I always thought it was "safer" as in Safer Sephiroth.

yeah that was my first guess reading this post as that's how you'd read ei for a japanese word, but I guess Seifer is German so the ei reads like the ei in nein

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

when I read Aerith I imagine someone with a weird lisp saying Aeris

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

tifa better have massive juggs in the remake. don't shrink them like they did with lara croft in the latest tomb raider games

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

you're thome ignorant noob if you keep thaying her name ith aerith. it'th aerith! theriouthly

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 4, 2018

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I tried to play 13 on my ps4 when PS Now was released and you got a free week trial or so of it. I couldn't get into the gameplay of it, mind you i'm not experienced with newer final fantasy games, mainly (S)NES and early playstation ones. I had a hard time caring about the fighting gameplay and the whole environment felt like it was running in some corridor the entire time. it lost the adventure aspect of it. i have a vague memory of it and i didn't play too far into it so i might have some aspects of it wrong. it just wasn't my kind of final fantasy game i guess

e: also i let that PS Now trial expire i wasn't gonna pay that price to stream old ps3 games on my ps4

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 5, 2018

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Black August posted:

Cloud. Tee-fah. Bare-eht. Air-is. Cid. Nah-na-key. Sid. Vincent. Yuh-fee. Kai-uht Sith.

EASY poo poo

lol you think there are 2 syllables in cait

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

NEW FF7 REMAKE NEWS!!!!!

lol          

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

the FF7 remake is totally gonna be a "mash X" type game, i just know it

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

crisis core moar liek crisis bore