Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

r u ready to WALK posted:

If the new one doesn't feature the entire sequence of Cloud in drag at the Honey Bee Inn and Don Corneos mansion I will never give Square Enix another dollar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017
The only bad things about IX are the battle transition times and the fact you can't control the Trance system well. And the transition times were improved in the remastered version IIRC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym321KSBIl4

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Couldn't steal anything.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one too. gently caress getting the Fairy Flute.

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017
I hope they don't add dumb stuff from Crisis Core, like the Genesis guy. I don't even remember what his deal was other than looking like a Deviantart OC and reciting poems everytime someone said something.

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

sassassin posted:

How do you know he's dumb if you don't remember what he did?

What I vaguely remember is that his character was obnoxious, but it's been a long time since I've played it so idk

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Meme Emulator posted:

Not really, id say its disgusting to mention X-2 and not 5 since the strength of the job system is what makes both those games great

5 has arguably the most fun gameplay of the main series, I think the only reason it isn't ranked higher is because it never got an overseas SNES release, and because of how ambitious 6/7/8 tried to be.

Also Battle at the Big Bridge is great (GBA > SNES for this one)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjeQmcMpWQI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

esperterra posted:

If you're not talking to every person 10 times and going back to every location 10 times to see if something changed or dialogue is different then are you really playing a JRPG ???

What fucks me up is when a game has a few really chatty random no-name NPCs on the street, but everybody else only has basically one line of dialogue. So you talk to a guy 4 times and he says a new tidbit of information every time, but if you interact with all the other grandpas and fishermen you'll be mashing the text skip button often because you were expecting something new and interesting.