Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I have a file on my PS4 with a complete items list, max stats, multiple of every master materia etc. I should probably be ashamed but I'm not at all.

The remake is going to suck probably but I'll buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

If they had added the fast forward cheat in the FFX remaster I think I would have actually played it instead of wasting my money on something to sit on my shelf. I might not have made it through my 20th replay of FFVII and definitely wouldn't have made it through my 2nd replay of FFXII without that wonderful fast forward function.

I bought and kinda want to play the FFIX remaster but I'm torn between wanting to finally get Excalibur II and wanting to fully revisit the world and story and I definitely don't want to play it twice back to back to do both.

I would buy an FFVIII with fast forward in a heartbeat.

I'm retarded so I bought FFXV when it was on sale for $10 and there is no redeeming quality in that entire game as far as I can tell.

I haven't been diagnosed but I guess I have autism since I just wrote all that.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Triple Triad is the best part of FFVIII and the best minigame in the entire series, it also had some cool visuals (for the time) and themes (for a jrpg) beyond that though and if you like breaking game mechanics like Bane broke Batman it has that too. It's not a masterpiece classic for the ages but it is interesting.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

i see they have final fantasy IX on PS4, "improved" graphics but still 4:3. thankfully they fill the black bars with something sorta like the Grim Fandango remaster. For some reason i find it easier on the eyes when the black sides get filled with something

i might check it out later

The graphics actually do look a lot better just because it has none of that jagged edged vibrating model stuff the original suffered from and also they included fast forward. I bought it but then again I'm retarded!

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

No one seems to remember legend of legaia but child me ate that poo poo up. Also crono cross, gently caress the haters that soundtrack was amazing

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Sentient Data posted:

Realtalk, XIV is amazing. Second half of heavensward is easily the best ff story I've played, followed closely by the first half of stormblood. Tragic and sympathetic villains are the best, it'll be hard to top the Shiva storyline

MMOs are a form of mental illness.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

wide stance posted:

I hope the new content includes new Golden Saucer games with live leaderbords.

Golden saucer won't even make it into the first game with the way they're splitting it up :negative:

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I tried to play XV but my girlfriend kept making fun of me for playing the gay boy band game. It didn't help that it wasn't very good or interesting to begin with.

They really need to give VIII the remaster treatment and patch the fast forward cheat into X.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I thought radical dreamers was just a song/group from Chrono Cross until I just googled it :aaaaa:

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Smoke more weed

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

esperterra posted:

Everyone should try changing the whole party's name to Sephiroth on PC some day, it's beautiful. With how often they say his name and eachother's names you'll have no loving idea what's going on.

I'm a big fan of naming everyone ...

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I'd like to be cool confident "let's mosey" Cloud but I'm actually drooling incoherent and crippled wheelchair Cloud.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Last time I played it I also farmed sources to cap stats and KoTR materias to let Barrett use the overflow glitch and kill Emerald Weapon in a single attack.

My brain is broken.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I'd like to replay FFIX but the little kid in me who never got the Excalibur you have to speedrun the game for really wants that stupid thing, and the adult (lol) in me really wants to take my time and actually enjoy playing it, so instead I just haven't gotten around to doing either.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

bradzilla posted:

The Deluxe edition was briefly available on Amazon on Friday. In the time I was deciding whether to buy it or stick with the vanilla release, it went out of stock and hasn't come back. I could just pre-order the digital deluxe but I'd rather have a hard copy of the artbook and soundtrack :negative:

I ordered it there on Friday after finding out that it was actually good and had no idea it was unavailable before/after, I feel lucky now :toot:

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I finally played the demo last night. Think I'm gonna play the demo again tonight.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I was the kid who ordered the Chrono Cross soundtrack off eBay and made my mom play the CDs in the car while I read the strategy guide

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Jessie is the best and should've been a playable character

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

The picture for the Cait Sith theme CD shows a cat that actually looks like a cat and not an anthropomorphic nightmare so I'm actually kinda excited for him in part... 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I've played the original so many times I think I've done literally everything there is to do (which is a LOT) except for going back to Fort Condor every time you can earn a new item from playing that awful minigame (which is a LOT)