Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

K. Waste posted:

So all my de-colonial peeps on Facebook are seeing this movie, and the common denominator is that Kilmonger rules and this movie might be a fed counter-intelligence project.

In line with what Dexo said earlier, this is exactly what’s wrong with much of the anti colonial/imperialist discourse. Just being anti American Empire doesn’t make you good, personally or politically. This is how you end up unable to distinguish Hamas from the FLN, the FLN from the Viet Cong, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Nobody likes Hamas.

No one liked the Muslim Brotherhood so they rebranded and here they are, back to the start. Tough racket

But I’m specifically thinking of a guy like Moazzam Begg, working with Amnesty and campaigning for Corbyn but cheerleading any anti American power in the Islamic world even if they make the Tories look like Old Bolsheviks. The kind of scatterbrained relativism that ethnic cleansing is ok as long as you hold a refendum on it

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

temple posted:

what was killmonger's original character in the film, before the revisions?

What was Killmonger's face before T'Chaka was born

or whatever his dad's name was

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Davros1 posted:

Domestically, BP is now the highest grossing comic book film.

I think it’s still third adjusted for inflation, still behind Spider Man, Dark Knight, and Avengers

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

eyebeem posted:

That’s fourth.

Still, that’s impressive as gently caress.

Prove it, math master :mad:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

KVeezy3 posted:

What makes the film exceptional aside from the box office numbers?

My biggest fear is this means Coogler is a blockbuster guy now, and we’re getting 4 more Black Panthers out of him before he makes another great movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

KVeezy3 posted:

On top of that, Wakanda should reveal itself and intervene for the practical purpose of self-preservation, lest another black radical be born who threatens their way of life. Any position to the left of liberals are painted as bloodthirsty for Trump's head, when that's clearly a projected desire.

Thanks for the recommendation for "Born in Flames", it sounds amazing.

It's not exactly amazing, but it's legit as gently caress. Working Girls and Erotique are better but not as hardcore

• Locked thread