Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Alright, sure, this sounds like a fun time.

Green car, blue meeple. My family will be Conway, because that's what I first thought of when I read the title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Yeah, I just got home from work. Having the update post at 2 AM my time means it might be a bit before I get to it.

1) Let's college it up. Going for the big bucks.
2) No optional stuff. I'm already in debt, so let's not make it worse.
3) Conway had the bad fortune of spending his childhood somehow constantly getting roped into strange social experiments. By the time he was 13, he'd already gone through a remake of the Stanford prison experiment which saw at least one person die, a remake of the Robbers Cave Experiment which saw at least one person die, and a live-action version of the trolley problem where he was part of the five people that would die if the lever wasn't pulled. The lever was pulled, though the screams still haunt him. As a result, Conway has a chronic hatred of anybody involved in the field of psychology and has grown increasingly paranoid of anybody offering him anything, be it exciting work opportunities or trips to other places.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

I don't need to make any changes. Just roll with it.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Alright. Uh, before I get on things, what exactly are you waiting for from me again? I think I lost track.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

FredMSloniker posted:

I just need to know if you want to take any optional actions - auto insurance and/or buying a stock - before you spin.

Alright, then hit me with enough loans so I can buy a stock (don't care which number, I believe in true randomness) and auto insurance. Then spin away.

I was more wondering along the lines of anecdotes about my player character that I still hadn't put together yet.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

On the topic of hardest subject and how he passed it, it was Psychology. With his inherent predisposition towards social experiments and his odd "luck" in getting stuck in them regardless, it would go to follow that he got stuck in another one at college, with a professor that was openly experimenting with different teaching and learning methods in aggravating ways. However, while Conway wasn't capable academically, he was quite capable socially - or rather, it was the drugs he had access to from being stuck in mental institutions throughout his youth that made him very popular, particularly with people like the janitors, who already had enough bullshit to deal with and could use a little pick-me-up. With that advantage, he set about using the access he got from that to gently caress with that particular professor's testing and results, eventually driving him insane and into early retirement.

On the subject of the Dean's List, the aforementioned incident actually got him onto the list as a sort of repayment for getting rid of that professor, who had tenure and was generally reviled, yet capable of skirting the rules in such a fashion that he could not be gotten rid of. Also, the drugs.

On the topic of his name, Conway does not require a first name or a last name. Be it John Horton Conway or Conway Twitty, once Conway is done with his life, there will be no need for any other person with the name "Conway" to be noted in the annals of history. As such, he only has a name, no first or last name.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Let's take the Police Officer. I don't like the prospect of getting in a slap fight over the 100K card, and it basically gives me another stock for free!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Alright, I'll take the pink. Color balance is important in life. And then, just spin that poo poo.

• Locked thread