Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable
Missed out on the last spot because I was at the local boardgame night. Oh the irony. :smith:
Oh well, good luck to all involved. I will be following along for nostalgia's sake.

What update schedule are you aiming for OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable

Carbon dioxide posted:

I know that my uncle has a way different version. I am not sure of its rules (as far as I remember they are quite different) but what I do know is that the spinner has a sort of thing to the side where you can put flags in which represent the stocks you own. So there's no separate stock cards, there's these flags that go on the board. Does that version sound familiar to anyone?
I had the version of "Levensweg" with the flags. There was a space on the board that gave a one-time option to buy a stock. Later in the game you would pass spaces that gave the option to play on the stock markets, but only if you bought one of course.
i.e. Pick two numbers with the flags, spin the wheel and if your number came up, you won big.

My version also didn't have college loans. As a result, we hardly ever had to take out any loans. 1 loan at best if you were really unlucky and absolutely wanted to buy stocks or status symbols.
College was just a longer track than business with different careers having fixed spaces and salaries for doctor/journalist/attorney/teacher/physicist/dude(tte) with useless degree*.

*: the true horror of going to college: Spinning 7-8 and spinning 5+ on your second turn. You'd graduate without a career and earn less after college than you would if you just went into business.

nine-gear crow posted:

How many computers are you upgrading for $10,000?
Perhaps they are upgrading to a bitcoin mining operation? Or they have discovered sim racing and absolutely wanted that big expensive set up. (3 monitors, vr-headset, racing cockpit,... :iiam:

Pea fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Feb 16, 2018

• Locked thread