Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

before the yossec thread gets infected i'm making a containment zone over this non-event that'll turn into a different discussion anyway

https://twitter.com/micahflee/status/963852295271104512

the twitter thread is 99% of the content. no none of it provides any new insight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
is anyone still pretending Wikileaks is not a Russian propaganda tool?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

quote:

- A desire for GOP to win the 2016 election
- Trolling
- Anti-semitism
- Rampant misogyny, sexist attacks on feminists
- Transphobia
these are all things the remaining people who still like wikileaks will be 100% cool with

pram
Jun 10, 2001
extremely boring revelations

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

pram posted:

extremely boring revelations

dsyp

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
more like wikileaked

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Gee, an organization founded by a rapist is misogynistic. Shocker. I hope the UK never drops the warrant for him jumping bail.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Management posted:

is anyone still pretending Wikileaks is not a Russian propaganda tool?

republicans

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i think the most revealing thing is that apparently people use twitter as a private chat platform :psyduck:

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

[in extremely julian assflange voice] but those communications were supposed to be private!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
maybe julian’s an accelerationist

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
reminder that this started because julian assange is a creep with a impregnation fetish and he was dumb enough to try it in a country that treats taking off the condom mid sex without consent as a crime

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Tatsujin posted:

reminder that this started because julian assange is a creep with a impregnation fetish and he was dumb enough to try it in a country that treats taking off the condom mid sex without consent as a crime

wtf this isn't a crime in every country?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

creationist believer posted:

gently caress, there’s probably states here where it isn’t a crime.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

gently caress, there’s probably states here where it isn’t a crime.

Doing whatever it takes to make a quiver-full of Americans!

:patriot:

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN

creationist believer posted:

well I should have added 'and is actually somewhat enforceable' to the end of my previous post.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Tatsujin posted:

well I should have added 'and is actually somewhat enforceable' to the end of my previous post.

i guess i shouldn't have been surprised since "withdrawing consent" isn't supported by law or culture in so many places. i just never know the details of the assange's case and was so viscerally disgusted when i read that post

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
That is a reasonable reaction.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
seeing assange shittalk Chelsea for being trans was a good reminder of just how lovely he is

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

President Beep posted:

maybe julian’s an accelerationist
he should prove it by jumping from the embassy roof

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Julian Assange is a piece of poo poo. Yeah that's right, I said it. I know that's such a controversial and partisan opinion that it would cause many people to simply close their own threads, but hopefully the OP can take it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

you just blew my head right off my shoulders

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
someday an ecuadorian president will need a favor from the US or UK

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Gazpacho posted:

someday an ecuadorian president will need a favor from the US or UK

nah the us way of handling latin american issues if it really wants to is the "nada o plomo" strategy.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Salt Fish posted:

Julian Assange is a piece of poo poo. Yeah that's right, I said it. I know that's such a controversial and partisan opinion that it would cause many people to simply close their own threads, but hopefully the OP can take it.

you idiot

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the cool thing about julian assange for me was that 2010 marked the year when i properly realized how lovely opinions most tech enthusiasts (especially when organized into "communities") hold

a bit dense of me to only realize then, but at the very least assange made it nice and clear-cut for me

this dump really tells us nothing which wasn't already blindingly obvious though~~

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I vaguely remember this one time wikileaks started posting some ridiculous racist garbage and people questioned if those were really Assange's views and instead was just "extremist" poo poo from some channer who was taking care of the twitter account back then

so uh what came of that? and is it really assange who was the one DMing this poo poo (not that I believe he's a better person than what those are showing really)

bicycle
Oct 23, 2013
My favourite Assange thing is still and will always be when he got paid an advance to write a book then backed out and kept the money so they printed what little they had from him anyway.

This is also a v good (but long) article written by his ghost-writer:
https://www.lrb.co.uk/v36/n05/andrew-ohagan/ghosting

quote:

One of his strategies was to invent, on the spot, new avant-garde styles that the book should adopt. One day he said the book should contain ‘parables’ and he suggested the paragraphs should be numbered, like verses. ‘You’ve got to get yourself and staff to see the book as a priority,’ I said. ‘A great book will set things right. It will constitute a much bigger thing than turf wars or Tweets.’

‘But it can’t be the priority,’ Julian said. ‘Ending wars and starting a revolution in Libya is the priority.’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
I’ll bet twitter hasn’t banned Assange because feds want to prism his DMs

• Locked thread