Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

All you can say about those links is "lmao, baseball"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
lmao, college baseball

elentar posted:

NC State lost an irrelevant game to Virginia, though the RPI hit might mean that they won't get to host if they don't win the ACCT. God this format is dumb.

RPI is wild below the top 3. The Beavs jumped from tenth to fourth after Georgia lost to Ole Miss in the 10th.

We need one more win to guarantee a top 5 national seed, and need to sweep UCLA and have UW sweep Stanford to win the Pac-12.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

Omaha rematch with LSU? Gonna be fun!

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

bathhouse posted:

Omaha rematch with LSU? Gonna be fun!

And then maybe UCLA in the supers. We got some kind of luck in this year's draw.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NCAA Tournament starts at noon today. Barely even have had time to look at the field, so will limit my thoughts to surprise that NC State is hosting Auburn and not the other way around, and also resignation that Auburn will win anyway. Although, consensus #1 draft pick Casey Mize can only pitch the one game, so that doesn't bode well for Auburn against Florida in the Supers.

elentar fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jun 1, 2018

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It won't happen because A&M is mediocre at best (and rear end in general ho ho ho) but beating Texas at their own regional would own

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

elentar posted:

NCAA Tournament starts at noon today. Barely even have had time to look at the field, so will limit my thoughts to surprise that NC State is hosting Auburn and not the other way around, and also resignation that Auburn will win anyway. Although, consensus #1 draft pick Casey Mize can only pitch the one game, so that doesn't bode well for Auburn against Florida in the Supers.
This is pretty much exactly the Auburn take on it too

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

fast cars loose anus posted:

It won't happen because A&M is mediocre at best (and rear end in general ho ho ho) but beating Texas at their own regional would own

It's not like Texas is that great either

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

It begins :unsmigghh: watch out for those four seeds.

https://twitter.com/NCAACWS/status/1002594844416593920

I think the Beavs will throw their ace tonight, we'll see how that goes...

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

bathhouse posted:

It begins :unsmigghh: watch out for those four seeds.

It was fun while it lasted. :smith:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn cruises, Army upsets the host, :getin:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Auburn cruises, Army upsets the host, :getin:

State’s season since that home sweep to UNC has just gone off a loving cliff, thought at least they’d get to see Mize though.

Also I had ignored the game till now but I had the absolute certainty that they lost because that was the cost of the awesome Braves win.

elentar fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 2, 2018

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol Florida State

I’ll enjoy Martin finishing out w zero titles.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

lol Florida State

I’ll enjoy Martin finishing out w zero titles.

They were up 2-0 on Mississippi state. They had a two and a half hour rain delay and brought their starting pitcher back out to pitch in the bottom of the 9th. He already had ~110 pitches.

He just walked two batters and gave up a three run home run to lose the game while I was typing this post about how stupid it was to bring him back out in the first place.

THAT's a lol.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Chief McHeath posted:

They were up 2-0 on Mississippi state. They had a two and a half hour rain delay and brought their starting pitcher back out to pitch in the bottom of the 9th. He already had ~110 pitches.

He just walked two batters and gave up a three run home run to lose the game while I was typing this post about how stupid it was to bring him back out in the first place.

THAT's a lol.

:laffo:

I just checked the score. I left for dinner thinking an FSU victory was sealed.

Get hosed, Mike Martin. Happy trails.

Also I look forward to UF’s 0-2BBQ after all my poo poo talk.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Chief McHeath posted:

THAT's a lol.

That is actual coaching malpractice just from a health standpoint

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn up 10-0 in like the 8th and uhh probably could've saved Casey Mize for tomorrow

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

fast cars loose anus posted:

General Dog posted:

It's not like Texas is that great either

What's up guys

How'd those bevo balls taste

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Goddamn there is nothing more satisfying than crushing aggies like cockroaches

now im gonna go read aggie message boards about how disrespectful horns fans were at disch-falk and how the ump is totally paid off by red mccombs

later cuties

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Of course you guys are probably gonna beat Indiana tomorrow and come right back and beat us and then I'll feel sad and embarrassed

But tonight is still cool

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Gophers-UCLA game gonna kill me.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Dawgs gonna host a super regional too if they win tomorrow hell yeah

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Hoosiers up 9-0 on aggies in the top of the first

Hahahahah

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

God I hate this avatar someone please buy me a new longhorns one, don't care how lovely or demeaning you make it

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

The only thing keeping Auburn from totally loving up NC State in this elimination game is their habitual bunting.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Anyway, NC State sports programs are a continual embarrassment and an abiding reminder to do something, anything better with my time.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

GODDAMN that was a panic-inducing last few innings for the horns

The closer came in and promptly loaded the bases up for IU, then the day 1 regional starter came in and whipped his cock out LBJ-style and dished out nasty stuff to end it

IU was really really good all night long. Hell, they had a throwaway starter because they ran through every other pitcher they have on the roster throughout the regional and he dominated for nearly 6. He has a ridiculous curve, totally stumped us for 5+ innings.

I hope Ole Miss shits the bed tomorrow and we get to host the super

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

:lol:e Miss.

please don't choke against FAU, Gators :ohdear:

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Holy hell Texas gets to host a super regional as the 13 seed. I am pleased

Time to watch FAU beat the gators

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

FAU just ran out of pitching.

On to Super Regionals w Auburn :toot:......:ohdear:

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Chief McHeath posted:

THAT's a lol.

In case y'all wanted to see the video

https://twitter.com/HailStateBB/status/1003024820240637952

Can you imagine how fuckin good that would feel

If you had told me this team would be in the Supers after the first half of the season we had, I would have laughed for 10 straight minutes. Yet here we are. Baseball owns.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Traitorous Leopard posted:

In case y'all wanted to see the video

https://twitter.com/HailStateBB/status/1003024820240637952

Can you imagine how fuckin good that would feel

If you had told me this team would be in the Supers after the first half of the season we had, I would have laughed for 10 straight minutes. Yet here we are. Baseball owns.

I hit a walk off 3R 400+ dinger in a meaningless travel league game and I went nuts.

Can’t imagine what it’d be like in the tournament. Off the charts.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Kind of surprised Heimlich got snubbed

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

General Dog posted:

Kind of surprised Heimlich got snubbed

There's a rabbit hole behind the story. But poo poo, he plead guilty, and will forever have "convicted of molesting his niece when he was fifteen" attached to his name.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Florida having some trouble in the outfield, gift run for Auburn and Singer's pitch count running up

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Florida having some trouble in the outfield, gift run for Auburn and Singer's pitch count running up

We figured it out

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Y’all like walkoffs? Cause I like walkoffs

https://twitter.com/hailstatebb/status/1005300745955135490?s=21

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Clanga has been having a crazy postseason

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Oh and kody Clemens continues to crush the loving ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

vyst posted:

We figured it out
Yeah that turned fast. Mize did not look sharp at all.

• Locked thread