Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
The Beavers are 8-0 to start the season. Ranked #1 by College Baseball News, #2 by the rest. Good start for the team, except our All-American 2nd baseman (and top MLB prospect) Nick Madrigal broke his wrist on a slide at the plate, he's out out up to 6 weeks. I think we'll be okay, we have a ton of infield depth, but will definitely will miss his leadership.

Our ace pitcher/sex offender looked okay, he settled down in his second appearance and is gonna be our Friday night guy. Seems like the season will come down to the quality of our starting pitching after Luke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

The Beavs face off against Stanford at home this weekend (#2 vs #3). I'm traveling to Corvallis to take it in. Beavs need to win 2 of 3 to help their regional chances. It's almost impossible for us to win the Pac12 at this point. Losing the series to Utah is killed us. Our sex offender has to win and go deep into the game on Friday for us to have a chance. I assume we'll need a bunch of arms on Saturday and Sunday. Should be a great weekend of baseball!

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

Those are cool. Especially like that first one. We play a mini-series against SD next Monday and Tuesday, after our biggest match up of the year. Terrible scheduling on our part.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

Soulex posted:

Portland? I have some of your men's and women's basketball teams too. We've been kinda streaky lately, but I'm glad our losing streak is over.

Thanks!

Oregon State, actually. Portland is the 2nd best team in the state.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

lmao, college baseball

elentar posted:

NC State lost an irrelevant game to Virginia, though the RPI hit might mean that they won't get to host if they don't win the ACCT. God this format is dumb.

RPI is wild below the top 3. The Beavs jumped from tenth to fourth after Georgia lost to Ole Miss in the 10th.

We need one more win to guarantee a top 5 national seed, and need to sweep UCLA and have UW sweep Stanford to win the Pac-12.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

Omaha rematch with LSU? Gonna be fun!

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

It begins :unsmigghh: watch out for those four seeds.

https://twitter.com/NCAACWS/status/1002594844416593920

I think the Beavs will throw their ace tonight, we'll see how that goes...

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

General Dog posted:

Kind of surprised Heimlich got snubbed

There's a rabbit hole behind the story. But poo poo, he plead guilty, and will forever have "convicted of molesting his niece when he was fifteen" attached to his name.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

HMS Beagle posted:

I have no idea who we're going to pitch Friday.

Probably this guy

(or Bryce)

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

:wth: this series

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Boo for the sex offender but yay for everyone else on the team!

The title is tainted. As stressful as it was, i'm glad he pitched poorly in the CWS. The headlines would have been terrible if he performed well. I think the program is deep enough that someone could have stepped up and pitched in his place this season. It's amazing that the team was able to keep focus. Him ditching the CWS last year hosed that team up too. We might be talking about a repeat if that didn't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

I'm mad that he pitched for us at all ever. He knew the Oregonian article was coming mid last season, should have quit then when he knew the ruse was up.

• Locked thread