Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
But not a big one, a lil' kayak or something. Maybe something like this? I have a Korean luxobarge with no roof rack, so my options are limited. OTOH, I really want a solid-shell boat because I got some cool sharkmouth vinyl graphics.

Main use will be for loving around with a waterproof GoPro, maybe some fishing, no fish over ten pounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Anyone here ever use one of those folding canoes?

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Folding canoe? Tell me more.

Ooh, that reminds me, I've seen plans for boats that are bolted-together sections that nest inside each other for portage. Kinda want to build one of those, but :effort:.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Feb 18, 2018

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

This is an example:

https://www.rei.com/product/847245/ally-165-dr-folding-canoe

That one folds up to 42 X 24 X 12. Some are even back packable apparently. I think there are some kayaks too.

I know nothing about them other than that they exist. I'd really like to hear if they are any good or are crap.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I've been wanting to get a paddleboard, but then I'd need to spend money on a wetsuit and stuff, so it becomes expensive really quick :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Boat obtained, I got the green 2-seater inflatable from Amazon that was recommended in one of the gear threads. Need an electric pump because gently caress pumping manually, might take it out on the little state park lake this weekend.

• Locked thread