Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I've eaten cicada before (stir-fried and in salsa) before but I can't really remember anything of the taste over my stomach going YOU'RE EATING A BUG!!!!!!!!. They mostly just had crunch, anyway.

Maybe next time they swarm here I'll try cooking some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Anyone have any good resources for ancient Roman cooking? I'm not brave enough to try cooking straight from Apicius.

e: other than the ones on the first page of course, ha ha

Leraika fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 24, 2018

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I wish the one didn't use the slur, but other than that all of them sound fantastic and definitely interesting.

Post some ancient Egyptian recipes.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Don't forget Italian rarebit, which typically consists of tomato and cheese and people get quite upset if you put pineapple on.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I did some googling on vegan pot roast substitutes, assuming you'd want something pot roast-adjacent, and jackfruit and portobello mushrooms came up. Also apparently there's a company that actually does vegan beef tips (Gardein) though I feel like that'd definitely take the savory and nourishing food out of the cheap rate.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

http://medievalcookery.com/recipes/ is a good site, and http://www.foodtimeline.org/foodfaq3.html#medieval has a nice overview of other links to medieval recipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

oh no :smith: