Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

golden bubble posted:

Here's another fun attempt by someone to make ancient bread.

https://twitter.com/SeamusBlackley/status/1117465991619891201
he ends the thread without saying how it tastes, though. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

uber_stoat posted:

he did, though it's hard to infer much from it.

https://twitter.com/SeamusBlackley/status/1117967001568210944?s=20

serve hot, with a drizzle of sarcophagus juice.
that's like 10 hours after I posted complaining that he didn't, apparently I was not alone. :v:

And I guess he seems to like it, at least?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

PubicMice posted:

This confuses me. Where else would the yeast be, if not inside and throughout the dough? Do people think the yeast's farts is the yeast itself?
I think they meant the yeast arrived on the flour, rather than picking it up from the environment.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

"sharpen the rice" :raise:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

twoday posted:

Some of these pies that were kept for a year would contain all manner of ingredients, including among other things for instance, entire birds.
Suddenly the "four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie" thing seems much less nonsensical.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

he clearly states in the very tweet you posted that it's a lack of oven process :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Maybe they meant 1/7000th of a pound of pepper.