Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

CHEERS, LOVE.
THE CAVALYAAAY'S HERE!

I was thinking of posting a thread about this myself but the news really gutted me and I couldn't think of the right thing to say.

Skinty & I talked almost exclusively through AIM and he was one of the only reasons I would still have AIM open on my computer all the way up until it completely shut down. We added each other on Facebook after that, but I don't check FB nearly as much as I do Twitter, Discord, and other types of things.

I happened to log on during Valentines Day and saw he had left me a message on the 6th letting me know that he was dying. I responded and had hoped he was still alive, but after doing some digging and seeking out his family the next day, I realized that it was already too late.

He'd been suffering from cancer for a while, but he didn't want it to be super public as he didn't want others to worry about him.

Skinty was an amazing person who helped me through a few rough patches in my life. He always knew exactly the right thing to say to cheer me up. Gave me a lot of good quotes. I really wish AIM wasn't completely gone, because those logs were nice to go back and look at sometimes.

His mother told me that shortly before he died, he said "I'm not frightened of dying, I've had a great life, had a lot of fun and laughs, and made some fantastic friends." He passed peacefully with his family around him.

He was a special guy and I'll have nothing but good memories of him. My life was better having known him.

I already miss him.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at Feb 16, 2018 around 13:38

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

CHEERS, LOVE.
THE CAVALYAAAY'S HERE!

In more positive news I found out my logs have not been completely deleted, and I have a history of convos with him dating all the way back to March of 2012. This makes me very happy.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

CHEERS, LOVE.
THE CAVALYAAAY'S HERE!

I took the day off to mourn. Feeling much better than I was last night after getting in touch with his family.

After looking around I realized that Skinty only told me he wasn't sure what was up with his pancreas back in September. Not even 6 months ago. I can't believe how quickly it took him from us.

Cancer loving sucks.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

CHEERS, LOVE.
THE CAVALYAAAY'S HERE!

I'm actually relieved you knew. I knew you two were pals and wanted to get in touch with you but all I knew was your twitter, and it looked like you hadn't used that in a while.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

CHEERS, LOVE.
THE CAVALYAAAY'S HERE!

Krasnaya posted:

Hulkamatt - hi! Iíve heard so much about you!

oh god

Krasnaya posted:

Cancer loving blows. But he took everything in stride - all the way through the end of it all. He kept saying he had the easy part, and wished he didn’t have to cause pain to so many people he cared about deeply. He was constantly surrounded by family and friends and he was not in any pain.

Thanks so much for posting this! I had contacted his mother and she had told me hew as surrounded by his loved ones - but I dunno. I didn't really wanna press further and ask where he was or what kind of state he was in. Information like this makes me feel a whole lot better. I'm really happy to know he was comfortable.

I'll definitely be sure to donate once I get paid.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at Feb 22, 2018 around 22:31

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

CHEERS, LOVE.
THE CAVALYAAAY'S HERE!

Oh my god I forgot about that show and also the intro. Lmao.

• Locked thread