Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

who remembers when manafort's indictment was the end of it

gbs remembers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

emoji posted:

So wait you actually believe Trump is something other than a vain opportunist with extremely poor judgement and character? Every word he says is expertly calculated and coordinated by Putin himself?

Well, depending on who you ask you get different opinions on that, you see.

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/964586442692464640

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/964586976237277185

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
how anyone could see this, in the context of all the other poo poo that's happened, as the conclusion of an investigation and not just the noose tightening another notch, I don't even, I mean I guess retards trying to think is how we get president trump but

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I think what the Russians did is fine, and even good. I really don't see what the problem is. Some of the people have identity theft charges which isnt cool but theres no details.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Is this the first indictment to link a US Citizen to the Innanet Research Agency?

I think I found his LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ricky-pinedo-38757146/

emoji posted:

So wait you actually believe Trump is something other than a vain opportunist with extremely poor judgement and character? Every word he says is expertly calculated and coordinated by Putin himself?

Let's hazard an Occam's-razor guess as to the full depth of that relationship:

:phone: "Vlad! Vlad! You gotta destroy those tapes! You know, the ones we made about that bed Obama slept in?"

:phoneb: "Donal, you specifically request we maked those tapes. You asked for copies. MOOLTIPLE COPIES! For showing off! WE DO NOT HAVE CONTROL OF ALL OF THEM."

:phone: "VLAD IM BIGLY hosed. DONT gently caress ME ON THIS VLAD"

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I trust that if Mueller is investigating every possible foreign source of election influence, we will be seeing indictments handed down on Saudi and Israeli nationals anytime now.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Tallgeese posted:

I trust that if Mueller is investigating every possible foreign source of election influence, we will be seeing indictments handed down on Saudi and Israeli nationals anytime now.

LOL yeah, but they're not white so the Dems would never dare allow anyone to say something bad about them.

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tallgeese posted:

Hahaha yeah right?? Why do people hate Russia posting poo poo on the internet so much, but are fine with what israeli intelligence does in the US

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Theres never been credible evidence to support the fantasyland assertion that this "russia" place even exists and furthermore

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Death to America

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

T.S. Smelliot posted:

"some russians went on reddit and even posted some YouTube comments" being the culmination of millions of dollars and over a year of investigation by multiple intelligence agencies and this is the loving best they can deal? Lmaoooo never before have I agreed with a moridin post so much

i forgot the name of the fund used for hillary's internet manipulation and googled 'hillary clinton social media propaganda' and the entire page of google was about how only russia does this

after remembering it was called correct the record, i looked up the donors again just now and noticed her top donor for this project was chris albrecht, former head of HBO who is now CEO of starz entertainment, who married a woman 34 years his junior, got divorced, choked out his next girlfriend in a parking lot, then paid another young girl $400,000 for also choking her in public

good thing we've got this russia fantasy to chase, real life just doesn't sound interesting. there's no story there. too much effort to help actual people or punish actual villains

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

tao of lmao posted:

Reductive loving moron shut the hell up.

Lmao don't worry I'm sure you'll get him any day now :)

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I'm looking forward to President Pence outlawing the internet.

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
"Vote for Bernie Sanders"

"Vote for people who are outside the major parties"

"Minorities should not vote for democrats or republicans since both parties poo poo on them"

All true things, and all good advice for America. Thank you Russia.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Lmao don't worry I'm sure you'll get him any day now :)

NOTHING BURGER NOTHING BURGER YOURE THE BURGER

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zelder posted:

Also you should never, ever agree with a moridin post no matter what happens in live

I agree

:smug:

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

but her emails

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
"But Hillary!!! Lock HER up!!!"

lmao

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Also I probably don't need to remind many of you that promoting Trump over the 'mainstream' republican candidates during their primary is exactly what the Clinton campaign did. So is that only a bad thing to do if you're Russian?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dog Jones posted:

Also I probably don't need to remind many of you that promoting Trump over the 'mainstream' republican candidates during their primary is exactly what the Clinton campaign did. So is that only a bad thing to do if you're Russian?
there's no way clinton could lose to trump so that was fine

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
whoa so after a year our government discovered the concept of propaganda

good job guys

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Dog Jones posted:

jesus christ yes you dumb gently caress when you are the russian government it is bad.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
We WILL bring KrokodilMile69 and his subordinates The_Yurinator and xXBearToucherXx to justice.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

whoa so after a year our government discovered the concept of propaganda

good job guys

Lmao

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

The Walrus posted:

jesus christ yes you dumb gently caress when you are the russian government it is bad.

lmfao oh okay thanks for clearing that up

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
This is boring, when will there be riots in the street?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Nooooooooooo *explodes into a million pieces*

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Sure are a lot of chuds in here assuming this is the end of the investigation

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Elpato posted:

Yeah saying "unwitting" in an indictment doesn't really legally clear anyone of anything, though it does seem Mueller's team is being careful not to throw shade before they have evidence (previous leaks notwithstanding)

Criminal prosecution needs to prove Mens Rea (guilty mind) which means the defendant had either: intent to cause a crime, or knowledge that their action/ lack of action would cause a crime.

Language such as "unwitting" suggests that they've given up on the whole Mens Rea thing.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

The Walrus posted:

What about Voice of America?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I mean, to be fair, there is a history of Russians colluding with the Republicans going back to the American Civil War.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Over There posted:

This is boring, when will there be riots in the street?

mattering is no longer possible

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

from the OP posted:

In addition to disparaging Clinton, they denigrated other candidates, "such as Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio," and they supported Bernie Sanders and then Donald Trump. In the latter half of 2016, they used groups to discourage minorities from voting in the 2016 presidential election.

Uh oh

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Since when is denigrating the Zodiac Killer a bad thing?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Dog Jones posted:

lmfao oh okay thanks for clearing that up

no problem, I am surprised that you were not aware of the difference between foreign interference in an election and americans participating an election. seems like a really basic distinction.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
wow the russians helped everyone BUT hillary. even they could see she was the rightful ruler of imperial america :qq: posting online definitely swayed millions of people away :qq:

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

The Walrus posted:

no problem, I am surprised that you were not aware of the difference between foreign interference in an election and americans participating an election. seems like a really basic distinction.

Haha, maybe if you are xenophobic

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The popular vote doesn't matter, so all this about them influencing regular American citizens is a moot point. Hillary won that anyway.

So who are the members of the electoral college that were influenced by Russians? Evidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

• Locked thread