Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

I now have doubts about the piss tape

what the gently caress

SNYPING FOR THE PISS TAPE :pisstape:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Thats weird because The Piss Tape Is Real

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Mods please change the thread title to Turns out the piss tape is real

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
tee hee

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
lol you guys discovered lovely propaganda after a year of investigation good job guys! please ignore the fact that I fell for said lovely propaganda

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Prav posted:

wait so the vicious russian crime is, uh, engaging in free speech

look at this loving idiot

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

My Linux Rig posted:

lol you guys discovered lovely propaganda after a year of investigation good job guys! please ignore the fact that I fell for said lovely propaganda

Берни выиграл бы

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
so people in here gloating are under the assumption that the investigation is over?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
the monster stalks us through these endless woods, challenging the bonds of our friendship like my guilt over my friend's death

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I think the US Military needs a meme warfare division. Maybe get that kid who made the CNN wrestling gif to lead it.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Gosh I'm sure glad this political outcome is just what I always wanted and the Russians will always and forever be 100% aligned with my personal political views and I will always like the outcome for the rest of my life, in every election going forward

lol

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Haverchuck posted:

so people in here gloating are under the assumption that the investigation is over?

as thick as suspension of disbelief is around here sometimes, I don't think anyone is under that particular delusion

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Former DILF posted:

Mods please change the thread title to Turns out the piss tape is real

also requesting this

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Flesh Forge posted:

Gosh I'm sure glad this political outcome is just what I always wanted and the Russians will always and forever be 100% aligned with my personal political views and I will always like the outcome for the rest of my life, in every election going forward

lol

Well, this is unironically true if your personal political views can be summed up with "death to America", so I'm not seeing the problem here.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
imagine it's 2018 and you're surprised that Russia carried out a propaganda campaign against the US

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Moon Atari posted:

https://twitter.com/katestarbird/status/954802718018686976

There is evidence of things like this for most divisive issues in American politics. Basically, Russian trolls are the most vocal and extreme voices on both sides, and they drag actual people into greater conflict. It's not just a meme or an advertisement, but rather highly active fake accounts doing a decent job of passing themselves off as real. Focusing on it in the context of the election is probably a bad strategy since it can easily be dismissed as making excuses for the democrats failure, but in the more general context it does seem like something worth fighting. Having a foreign propaganda arm constantly working to deepen divisions can't be healthy for your country, especially when it's barely holding itself together even without malicious interference.

Idpol framing is the result of USSR propaganda from decades ago. It's taken on a life of it's own now though, and there are plenty of willing idiots who'll play 5th column out of sheer nihlism, or exploit it for personal gain.

If you're really worried about this stuff, victim culture has to go.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Waffle House posted:

as thick as suspension of disbelief is around here sometimes, I don't think anyone is under that particular delusion

yeah but a bunch of posters are going "THATS ALL YOU HAD???!?! LMAO"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Even if all of this poo poo gets uncovered and hundreds or thousands of people get identified, charged, convicted and punished, it's still a giant win for Putin and a giant kick in the balls for everybody else. He's proven not only does Democracy not work, a huge segment of people don't even like Democracy and will eagerly help subvert it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

lollll gtfo moron

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Flesh Forge posted:

Even if all of this poo poo gets uncovered and hundreds or thousands of people get identified, charged, convicted and punished, it's still a giant win for Putin and a giant kick in the balls for everybody else. He's proven not only does Democracy not work, a huge segment of people don't even like Democracy and will eagerly help subvert it

:chloe:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I think it’s cool & good that the DNC gets a free pass for being a completely out of touch organisation, deep in the pockets of big business while pretending to have the best interests of workers at heart, because these Russian assholes shilled for everyone but Hillary.

Looking forward to seeing her run once again, jumping on board with the latest memes & trends in a hopeless attempt to appeal to the youth, because Now It’s REALLY Her Turn!

actually they can Pokémon GO gently caress themselves

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Split Pea Superman posted:

Idpol framing is the result of USSR propaganda from decades ago. It's taken on a life of it's own now though, and there are plenty of willing idiots who'll play 5th column out of sheer nihlism, or exploit it for personal gain.

If you're really worried about this stuff, victim culture has to go.

I agree. Silly moments like BLM do nothing except further divide the nation by unnecessarily causing strife. The sooner we get rid of the whiners, the sooner we can begin to aspire to our "more perfect union". Idpol is the second most dangerous threat to the United States at the moment and it needs to be extinguished.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

tenspott posted:

I agree. Silly moments like BLM do nothing except further divide the nation by unnecessarily causing strife. The sooner we get rid of the whiners, the sooner we can begin to aspire to our "more perfect union". Idpol is the second most dangerous threat to the United States at the moment and it needs to be extinguished.

What's the biggest threat?

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Lol this Russian propaganda has no effect on me, I claim as I cast my vote for obvious conman/moron, Donald j trump

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Lol this Russian propaganda has no effect on me, I claim as I cast my vote for obvious conman/moron, Donald j trump

lol if you voted for anyone

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
lol

hahahahahahaa

democracy as an idea is a complete loving failure lol

russian facebook bots have ruined our entire concept of government, yes

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Haverchuck posted:

they've done this after every subpoena, indictment, and arrest- yes. it's a bit of a running joke now

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Zippy the Bummer posted:

lol

hahahahahahaa

democracy as an idea is a complete loving failure lol

russian facebook bots have ruined our entire concept of government, yes

america isnt a democracy, its a republic :smug:

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Russia is a puppet master putting on a show with matryoshka dolls. Look deeper... :tinfoil:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Rex-Goliath posted:

they've done this after every subpoena, indictment, and arrest- yes. it's a bit of a running joke now

what arrests have there been

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
lets all sit back in our chairs and wait for death

russian tweets have won

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

imo carpetnuke the whole thing (earth)

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Again, it wasn't just Russian propaganda that elevated Trump. It was also American propaganda. For example the Clinton campaign actively worked to elevate Trump over his primary opponents. Remember how much coverage CNN gave Trump? Are those things okay to you, just because they're American and not Russian?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Haverchuck posted:

what arrests have there been

manafort

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

oh ok but he's just at home with an ankle bracelet right

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dog Jones posted:

Again, it wasn't just Russian propaganda that elevated Trump. It was also American propaganda. For example the Clinton campaign actively worked to elevate Trump over his primary opponents. Remember how much coverage CNN gave Trump? Are those things okay to you, just because they're American and not Russian?

I don't know, the Trump coverage was really funny up until the point where he became president.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

dsriggs posted:

I think it’s cool & good that the DNC gets a free pass for being a completely out of touch organisation, deep in the pockets of big business while pretending to have the best interests of workers at heart, because these Russian assholes shilled for everyone but Hillary.

Looking forward to seeing her run once again, jumping on board with the latest memes & trends in a hopeless attempt to appeal to the youth, because Now It’s REALLY Her Turn!

actually they can Pokémon GO gently caress themselves

*after a bunch of idiot conservatives get fooled into voting for a terrible candidate cause memes told them to* see the real problem are those democrats!!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Haverchuck posted:

oh ok but he's just at home with an ankle bracelet right

yeah he's rich so he gets to be arrested gently and w/ dignity

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

If you're looking at this indictment and the bigger story behind it and thinking it's not a big deal, it's because you've been trained by decades of free mixing of news and entertainment to have no preference for truth over falsehood. I.e. your brain is filled with poo poo and worms, good luck fixing that America :smith:

I've been explaining why it isn't a big deal and why much of what the Russians were promoting was actually quite agreeable, people like you are just too eager to declare some kind of victory over your perceived ideological opponents to actually think about anything.... now who has a brain full of poo poo and worms dumb dumb? hahahaha got you bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

tenspott posted:

WTF did BLM do this election other than malign Bernie? They couldn't even play nice with someone on their side.

How can anything be accomplished if everyone is a histrionic paranoiac? If everyone is out to get you and screw you over?

The communist sphere spent decades upon decades of blasting propaganda at black people that told them their country hates them, and will do anything to see them fail. Other countries look at America's diversity, and see points where they can fracture the nation. They're not trying to make peoples lives better.

• Locked thread