Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

gobbagool posted:

That's two good posts by you today. Slow down

What was the first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Blazing Ownager posted:

All I can say is the NRA ads they run on Youtube are so batshit insane they sound like some dystopian joke, like the Ammunation ads in GTA.

"When the liberal mobs show up at your door, answer them with the clenched fist of freedom!" is more or less an exact paraphrase of one of the ads while showing rioting mobs.

That's exactly what they feel like.

"When angry parents protest the senseless killing of their children, you'll know how to defend America. *shotgun racking.wav*"

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the problem with america having so many guns is that people are always discharging them when they are cleaning them, it seems like it happens all the time, you guys must be jumping and dodging random bullets all the time

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Who What Now posted:

What was the first?

Don't push your luck

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Well either way maybe you too can make a good post one day.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Who What Now posted:

If you can, I have hope

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Uhhhhhhhh

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
Here's a whacky thought:

It's primarily a mental illness issue and not strictly a gun issue

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

HELLBITCH posted:

Here's a whacky thought:

Mankind has been slaughtering each other since before recorded history, it's not all the fault of a mental illness. All this rhetoric does is make people less likely to seek help for mental illnesses for fear of being labeled a danger to other people, despite the fact that the mentally ill are by far more likely to be victims of violence than the commit it.

So nah, easy and ubiquitous access to guns is a huge issue that will unfortunately never be solved in America because cowards can't stand to give up their security blankets.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

well it could never be the guns causing all this gun violence

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

HELLBITCH posted:

Here's a whacky thought:

ok let’s also vote for healthcare for oh wait

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting

Who What Now posted:

Mankind has been slaughtering each other since before recorded history, it's not all the fault of a mental illness. All this rhetoric does is make people less likely to seek help for mental illnesses for fear of being labeled a danger to other people, despite the fact that the mentally ill are by far more likely to be victims of violence than the commit it.

So nah, easy and ubiquitous access to guns is a huge issue that will unfortunately never be solved in America because cowards can't stand to give up their security blankets.

I shot a .44 magnum today and my dick grew, flaccid

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

they were under obama but now they're a self-styled paramilitary to defend tyranny

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

Any kind of transportation of loaded guns within city limits should be illegal to civilians

Like civilian police? Done.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a mental illness is a good guy with a mental illness

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Away all Goats posted:

the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a mental illness is a good guy with a mental illness

Like, civilian police? Done.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

GORDON posted:

Like civilian police? Done.

Yeah, only SWAT teams should have guns in person at all times. Regular cops may have a locker built into car with service shotguns/pistols.

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

HELLBITCH posted:

Here's a whacky thought:

Hmmm Nukes and I’m a god. Nope, restricting them is pointless.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

Yeah, only SWAT teams should have guns in person at all times. Regular cops may have a locker built into car with service shotguns/pistols.

Disagree. Full body armor, if they're skeered. Tasers should be the max firepower they have, and not the kind with the prongs that shoot out. They could hit a kid in the eye.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

everyone should be born with a gun, but it kills everyone related to you if you fire it

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
How many people have to die in drunk driving accidents and instances of domestic violence because a bunch of drat drunks won't give up their stupid alcohol drinks?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

How many people have to die in drunk driving accidents and instances of domestic violence because a bunch of drat drunks won't give up their stupid alcohol drinks?

I think you meant to post this sarcastically, but I agree 100%.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I think some of you guys are either extremely mentally ill or entirely too invested in the picture you've painted yourself of a person who owns a firearm.

As for the topic, I don't think they're terrorists. That said, I'm not a huge fan of the NRA.

Also Big Beef City's post earlier owned.

E: This post

Big Beef City posted:

I would never support the NRA in its current form.
I believe their stated goals of responsible gun ownership in a nation that has/had decided for a long time that gun ownership is a right, is at least moderately admirable, and that sponsoring gun safety and ownership programs in that environment is better than letting "'Pa Jeppson on yon farm teach Billy here how ta load a fowlin' gun", as well as protecting the right to own arms as a citizen is something that should/can/be respected.

I think it's important that groups of many stripes stand up for constitutional rights and try and protect them as needed.

It's obvious that gun control has utterly failed, and their potential aim in their goals has not only failed as well, and that their focus has shifted from "Don't take away the right to own guns, and preach gun safety above all else" has shifted to "gently caress YES HUGE loving GUNS FOR ALL WOOOOOO!" is disgusting.

Are they a terrorist organization? No.
Did/do they have a place as a civil union of sorts to protect a right and encourage a constitutional right and gun safety (such as gun training and young hunter programs)? Yes.
Did they fail in that? Yes.

This is pretty spot on imo.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Feb 18, 2018

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Honky Dong Country posted:

I think some of you guys are either extremely mentally ill or entirely too invested in the picture you've painted yourself of a person who owns a firearm.

As for the topic, I don't think they're terrorists. That said, I'm not a huge fan of the NRA.

big beef city has lovely opinions on guns just like you

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

viral spiral posted:

big beef city has lovely opinions on guns just like you

I'm pretty sure the only gun opinion that post expressed was that having a gun is okay. If you disagree that's fine. He was more talking about how the NRA aren't terrorists but they are a lovely organization that's failed at doing what it should be doing. And he's right.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

sorry about your fascist tendencies

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Being fine with a person owning a gun doesn't make you a fascist dude.

E: nor does saying the NRA sucks

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Being fine with a person owning a gun doesn't make you a fascist dude.

didnt know gbs had such an alt right problem, but here we are

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
They're terrorist sympathizers for sure.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Animal-Mother posted:

They're terrorist sympathizers for sure.

Lots of Hamas cheerleaders in this very thread and you’re calling the NRA terrorist sympathizers. Thanks for letting the public know your brain doesn’t work right

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Who What Now posted:

They actually did the opposite and lobbied to get guns taken away from minorities.

Haha, yeah, remember when conservative Christ-like icon of worship Ronald Reagan passed a law named after a Republican lawmaker and the NRA supoported it because its singular purpose was to disarm the Black Panthers, who had merely exercised their legal right to carry in public?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

The correct term is "emotional support hamsters"

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

HELLBITCH posted:

Here's a whacky thought:

nice troll

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
The dream I hope for is that one each and every one of us, man, woman, or child, can be a Terrorist Corporation.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Like what that Senator Guy from the metal gear game said I think we should aim for that.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

zapplez posted:

If only we had a rule ahead of time like that its illegal to shoot people.

Relevant to this thread there are rules against having kids with your sister and yet gobbagool still exists

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'd like to clarify about my earlier post.

On a personal level, I dislike gun ownership, and feel they're heavily fetishized.

That said, gun ownership is built into the Constitution of the country I, and many of you live in.

The NRA originally existed to protect that right and provide services to gun owners.

As far as that goes, I'm ok with that, in as far as I'd rather that people who choose to have guns understand them and use them responsibly, such as rural hunting or sport.

That they've become this "AR-15's for every child!" Group is a perversion of that, and I'm strongly opposed to and definitely feel it needs to end.

However, I don't feel they've explicitly become a terrorist organization themselves, which was the original question.

Sorry that me not liking gun ownership but wanting people who have that right to be safe and responsible makes me "a fascist" you loving morons

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Dyna Soar posted:

you know my eurotrash country has more guns per capita than the us. everyone who hunts or shoots for sport can get one, just no semi auto or automatic weapons.

it's not hard to have a healthy gun culture so to speak but just not let anyone get a hold of a gun whenever they feel like it.

E: nm

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Big Beef City posted:

I'd like to clarify about my earlier post.

On a personal level, I dislike gun ownership, and feel they're heavily fetishized.

That said, gun ownership is built into the Constitution of the country I, and many of you live in.

The NRA originally existed to protect that right and provide services to gun owners.

As far as that goes, I'm ok with that, in as far as I'd rather that people who choose to have guns understand them and use them responsibly, such as rural hunting or sport.

That they've become this "AR-15's for every child!" Group is a perversion of that, and I'm strongly opposed to and definitely feel it needs to end.

However, I don't feel they've explicitly become a terrorist organization themselves, which was the original question.

Sorry that me not liking gun ownership but wanting people who have that right to be safe and responsible makes me "a fascist" you loving morons

Describe a safe and responsible gun owner, in your opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Nerses IV posted:

Describe a safe and responsible gun owner, in your opinion

A dead one

• Locked thread