Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Doesn't have to be a proven stats goons math equation, just ballpark it if you can.

I noticed my time in Binding of Isaac: Rebirth was at 650 hours, lmao. If you combine the original flash version into that I'm close to 900 hours playing that drat game. I also played Persona 4 three times in a row when it first came out cos I had never seen or played anything like it before and couldn't get enough. Probably ~300 hours right there. Dark Cloud 2 is another I've played multiple times over the years, so that bad boys gotta be up there. Red Alert 2 campaigns every couple years..

As a series, I sunk a lot of time into Dynasty Warriors over the years too, that's actually probly my #1 but I can't even begin to guess the actual number. I used to max every characters stats even if I didn't like using them. Mild autism ftw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

diablo 2 since i just never stopped playing it from release in 99 til like, 2-3 years ago? i cant even estimate the hours but its an ungodly amount, for sure in the several thousands across 15 years lol

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
civ IV

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Just thought of some more honorable mentions: FFTA, DQ8, DDS

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

HItman blood money or gta 3.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
bloodborne for sure. its essentially the only game i played for a year and a half straight.. i wanna say 500-1000 hours. 2nd maybe one of the smt games, iv or nocturne. probably 200 each

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Single player games I know of off the top of my head I’ve played for more than 100 hours:
Super Mario 64
Pokémon Silver
Age of Empires II
Super Mario Sunshine
Animal Crossing
Pokémon Ruby
Warcraft III + The Frozen Throne
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Rome: Total War
Tales of Symphonia
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Pokémon Diamond
Grand Theft Auto IV
Saint’s Row 2
Red Dead Redemption
Mount & Blade: Warband
Diablo III
Dark Souls
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Metal Gear Solid V
Hearts of Iron IV
Final Fantasy XV
Yakuza 0
Monster Hunter: World

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh and Spider-Man 2 for the Gamecube. And Star Wars: Empire at War, too.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Metal Gear Solid V, something like 160 hours, before that it was Dragon Age Inquisition. For years it was Dragon Quest VIII with the record, most games were under 90 hours for me. Breath of the Wild is probably up there somewhere too.

Games I've replayed I think are still lower, stuff like earlier Metal Gear Solid games a few times is probably like 70 hours tops.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

bloodborne and stardew both have around 120+ hrs

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

A full Witcher 3 playthrough took me close to 200 hrs, and now I'm doing it again.

I have a hard time saying for sure tho since i have the bad habit of leaving games running and coming back to them later.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It has multiplayer but probably 99% of my hundreds of hours of playtime in Europe Universalis IV was singleplayer. I've beaten Persona 4 twice which is a lot of time, and I'll probably play it a third time some day. But probably Bloodborne, I've long run out of character spaces and Ive spent hundreds of hours in it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually I just checked and between the PC and Switch versions I've put 180 hours into Stardew Valley, which may be the highest of all.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

A full Witcher 3 playthrough took me close to 200 hrs, and now I'm doing it again.

I have a hard time saying for sure tho since i have the bad habit of leaving games running and coming back to them later.

ya. at least 48 hours of isaac time is due to me falling asleep drunk, but it's still a shitload of time

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I played a ton of Morrowind when it first came out on my friend's Xbox and then again on my PC once I bought a new graphics card for it, and then when my graphics card poo poo out and wouldn't let me play anything made past 2002 without freezing every half hour I played it again for another hundred hours. Then last year I replayed it yet again.

Fallout New Vegas is probably the only other game that comes close. If you added together both Baldur's Gate's they'd come in third easily from all the time I spent playing them not knowing what I was doing when I was 10 to my actual playthrough in highschool

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

SMT 4 for sure, I spent over 300 hours getting all the endings and fusing every demon. Getting the fiend encounters to spawn was probably a good chunk of that, or at least it felt like it was lol

Hyrule Warriors probably comes close, I had it on 3ds and I would just play it whenever I didn't have anything else going on or other games I wanted to play more

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Europa Universalis 4 and I guess FFT

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Homm 3

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Morrowind, easy. I don’t even want to guess how much time I spent on it. Like all through middle school I was either sleeping, at school, or playing Morrowind. Those were the only three things I did for years.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh, and TESIV: Oblivion, and Fallout: New Vegas.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup and probably Dark Souls 1 and Order of Ecclesia

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i have 300ish hours in every souls game, even 2

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Gran Turismo 2&3, Burnout Revenge & Paradise, and vanilla Isaac are probably my top ones

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's not actually very long at all time wise, but I spent probably 30 to 40 hours in the Excitebike 64 course creation mode, fine tuning turns and decoration placement, running tracks over and over and over trying to figure out optimal routes so I could put together a "time trial" rankin of gold/silver/bronze for my friends in middle school I would share the tracks with via the n64 memory card controller pack.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Gran Turismo 2&3, Burnout Revenge & Paradise, and vanilla Isaac are probably my top ones

i love gran turismo soooooooooo much. i will probably play 500 hours of gt sport since after 100 or so im already like the 20th ranked driver in europe online and its hard to leave a game behind when you find yourself in a position like that

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I've got like 75 hours in Witcher 3

i cant even begin to think how much time I've spent on goldeneye 007, perfect dark, and wwf wrestlemania 2000/no mercy

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

i cant even begin to think how much time I've spent on goldeneye 007, perfect dark, and wwf wrestlemania 2000/no mercy

same

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh yeah Burnout 3 for sure, I still play that sometimes when the mood hits

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the little stunt area hidden under one of the San Francisco Rush levels ate up days of my life lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i played hundreds of hours of kotor 1 and 2 in middle school

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i ahve 745 hours on gta v, just the pc version

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Oh yeah, I played nothing but Timesplitters Future Perfect for like a year. So that's number two

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Oh yeah, I played nothing but Timesplitters Future Perfect for like a year. So that's number two

Another sick rear end stage creator game

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

One time my friends and I spent like four hours just driving around the Siberian dam map, covering the cars in remote mines and playing chicken with them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hmm probably Final Fantasy 6 or 7 since I’ve played through them probably at least 3 times each. Or Civ IV which I played a ton of in college. I tend to move on quick from games these days and I get bored easily so I don’t really sink that much time into games anymore. My 75 hour Persona 5 playthrough is probably the longest I’ve played a single game in years.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Got to be Nethack and SLASH in first and second place in some order. Way back in university days I had several 24+ hour almost non-stop sessions of those fuckers in addition to more normal blocks of time.
Then probably Dungeon Crawl and Caves of Qud in the same genre.
Then Transcendence maybe, also in the Roguelike genre, but real-time and in space.

Then it turns out steamdb.info provides access to games played sorted by time, if you sign in, which says my top 5 is:
Binding of Isaac: 109 hours
XCOM: Enemy Unknown: 105 hours
Civ 5: 87 hours
Age Of Wonders: Shadow Magic: 87 hours
FTL: 57 hours

Which is funny because I wouldn't particularly recommend any of those, but I would recommend the next two, Miracle Fly and Full Bore.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

roomforthetuna posted:

Which is funny because I wouldn't particularly recommend any of those,

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

BotW has easily sucked in over a hundred hours from me

I’ve also definitely lost a few days to Total War: Warhammer campaigns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff