Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

:siren::siren: The Discord channel for the game is now live. https://discord.gg/CwGeprj :siren::siren:

quote:

Legends. Stories scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants, byproducts, of a forgotten past.

Man, born from dust, was strong, wise, and resourceful, but he was born into an unforgiving world. An inevitable darkness — creatures of destruction — the creatures of Grimm - set their sights on man and all of his creations. These forces clashed, and it seemed the darkness was intent on returning man's brief existence to the void.

However, even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change, and in time, man's passion, resourcefulness, and ingenuity led them to the tools that would help even the odds. This power was appropriately named "Dust".

Nature's wrath in hand, man lit their way through the darkness, and in the shadow's absence came strength, civilization, and most importantly, life.

But even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die. And when they are gone... darkness will return

The World is broken, just like the moon. Monsters stalk the darkness, sniffing out fear, destroying whole villages, and wiping out cities.

Criminals and the wealthy take advantage of the weak and defenceless. Exploiting them for their own wicked ends. Companies like the Schnee Dust corporation's reputation is still tainted by how the exploited the Faunus,

Speaking of which, the racial tension between Human and Faunus threatens to boil over into war at the drop of a hat. Made all the worse by the actions of the terrorist/freedom fighter/civil rights group, The White Fang.

Grand conspiracies whisper in the shadows and plot the downfall of the world. All that stands between them and innocent is...

well, it's you.

Beacon Academy is one of the most prestigious Huntsman/Huntress training institutions in the world, mastered by the elusive and mysterious Professor Ozpin.

For whatever reason, you've found yourself on it's doorstep, a brand new student, dedicating themselves to becoming an warrior, protector, and all around crazy badass. Unfortunately you've got a lot of stuff ahead of you! Monster hunting, has nothing on social events, classes, making friends, facing bullies, and don't even mention the ever dreaded homework!

So, what's it gonna be? You got the guts to face titans and laugh death in the face? Then sign the paperwork kid.

Welcome to Beacon.

- - - -

RWBY is a 3D animated Anime style series from the mind of Monty Oum. Featuring high speed, complicated choreographed fights between horrible monsters, and Huntsmen and Huntresses, armed with transforming weapons and martial arts skills. It's picked up a large fan base, for it's amusing characters, well animated battles, and interesting setting. Much like any anime style show, it was inevitable that someone would want to get in on the action.

But rather then making a OC like most of the rest of the fan base. Someone made a RPG. It's actually a pretty fun little system, quite straightforward, and robust enough to get some pretty good character variation.

So rather then running another Masks game. I've decided to run it and have some fun! And oh look, YOU can get involved! Yes, YOU! App a character, join the madness. Be the cute anime boy/girl you've always dreamed of! (while trying not to get horribly murdered by Grimm or die from social embarrassment).

So, here's the rules

Character Creation
- The ruleset is free, but rather then asking you to hunt it out on the interenet (and risk getting a earlier version) you can see the rule book HERE
- Standard 0-5 point allocation, with your Heritage pick letting adding one more point, possibly taking one of you stats up to 6.
- I've changed some of the weapon mods around. You can find the mod list Here. However, something to note, you may only take one (1) level of Additional Weapon mod. This is because I'm not having people make murder sticks out of six levels of Additional Weapon. It's boring, and means I have to artificially make everything harder. Don't make me do that, get creative with your weapons instead!

A few background questions to answer.

- What brought you to Beacon? Why pick it over the other schools?
- What's your biggest secret?
- Where'd you get your weapon from?
- What inspired you to become a Huntsman/Huntress?

Please use the character sheet format below

quote:

Name:
Hair:
Eyes:

Health
Aura
Capacity

STR:
AGI:
STA:
WIL:
PER:
DIS:

Melee Acc -
Range Acc -

Semblance:

Weapon
Name-
Description-

Mods & Dust

:siren::siren: The Discord channel for the game is now live. https://discord.gg/CwGeprj :siren::siren:

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Aurora Grendel, the Butterfly Sniper

Character Theme
Battle Theme

Hello. The name's Aurora. Yes, as you can clearly see, I'm a Fauna. It's quit hard to hide wings this size, yes?

quote:

There were... reasons as to why I didn't want to go to the Wild's academy. I needed a change of location, and Beacon seemed very inviting, being the most prestigious school of them all. Admittedly, I was somewhat surprised to actually be accepted into it, but that's a different matter.

quote:

What's your biggest secret?

I... used to be part of White Fang. I didn't really know what I got into. My brother made it sound so good. Fight for our rights, and all. I was rather naive back then, so I joined with him, but... after seeing what White Fang did, I was shocked...

And worse, my brother seemed fine with it!

So, I ended up running away. That's why I'm here now, but... things weren't that simple.

quote:

Where'd you get your weapon from?

[spoiler]Fleeing scared through the wilderness wasn't the greatest idea I ever had. But of course, living where I did... I hardly had an idea how the Grimm worked, how terrifying they truly are. So, obviously, I attracted Grimm, and nearly died to them. But in the end, I got lucky. A Huntress was around, and... they saved me. But my carelessness ended up costing them their life, but...

They weren't mad at me. Instead, they told me to go to Beacon, where it's safe, and bring the weapon back so someone else can make use of it.

quote:

What inspired you to become a Huntsman/Huntress?

It took me a while to get to Beacon, so I had plenty of time to think about things. During this time, I realized just how insignificant our squabbles are in the face of the Grimm. I told Professor Ozpin what had happened, and the fact that I wanted to honor my savior's sacrifice by taking up their weapon. The truth is... I'm still scared, but... I feel like I need to do this.

quote:

Name: Aurora Grendel
Heritage: Fauna
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

Health: 2
Aura 13
Capacity 6

STR: 3
AGI: 4
END: 1
WIL: 0
PER:
2 (+1 Fauna)
DIS: 5

Melee Accuracy: 8
Range Accuracy: 9

Semblance: Explosive Runes
Markings or writing that can be made to achieve a variety of effects - an ordinary Semblance locks foes in place, while a Earth-Infused one reshapes the environment, and a Wind-Infused one blows the enemy back.

Weapon:

Name: Dread Stinger
Description- A marksman rifle/lance combo that makes heavy use of dust and transforming parts. In melee mode, it uses green dust to propel itself forward for extra oomph, and also has a kickback function, allowing the user to blow themselves away from the target. In rifle mode, the top of the spike slides down the side to allow a rifle barrel to fire unobstructed. It's grip can be folded in and out of the hilt, to allow for comfortable wielding and shooting without making the weapon unbalanced.

Mods & Dust
Mobility
Effect: The Character moves 20ft with each action. When using their entire turn on movement, a Character can travel 75ft instead of 50. Also movement Capacity Boosts move the Character 10ft instead of 5.

Wings
Aurora can fly with her wings.

Mixed Capacity
Effect: Declare an additional Color of Dust.
Description: During every reload, the Character declares two Colors of Dust they possess instead of one. All Capacity uses with Mixed Capacity can be either of the two declared Colors, but never both at the same time.
Special: This modification may be taken any number of times, each level grants an additional Color that may be declared every action.

Yellow-Earth
Fissure Crystals- Target sinks into the ground, its movements impaired. Target is Staggered.
Armor Piercing Rounds- Ignore 1 layer of cover, or Overpenetrate a single enemy.
Phials- STR
Basically dirt. Effective fertilizer.
1. Move- The ground or similar solid object shifts and swells to a new shape.
2. Glass- Create simple solid objects made of thick glass.
3. Shatter- Target object disintegrates.

Green-Wind
Featherweight Crystals- Thrown Melee attacks travel twice as far and return to the Character’s hand.
Horizon Rounds- Ranged attacks have no distance limitation.
Phials- AGI
Almost weightless. Disappears quickly if not contained in some way.
1. Gust- Generate strong directional winds.
2. Whirlwind- Create erratic local weather patterns.
3. Shockwave- Generate sudden explosive pressure wave.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 26, 2018

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Interest posting

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Schwarz Wagner, the Dark Dandy

Main Theme - The Dark Dandy
Battle Theme - A Duel Between Gentlefolk

Guten tag, guten tag! The best of pleasures to meet you. Schwarz Wagner. Of the Mistral Wagners. And now of Beacon.

Excuse me? You don't know the Wagners? Hm, well, you probably wouldn't here in Vale, I suppose. The Wagners are a family of bankers. Quite good at it, too. Our family has managed to amass quite the fortune over the past few centuries, and the status to go with it. It is the duty of the noble to conduct themselves with grace and pride, and I have been instructed from a young age on the ways of the gentlewoman. And now, I shall be trained in the ways of the Huntress.

Hmm. Yes, it is true that I could have attended Haven or Sanctum, but...those are hardly the best schools, are they? And a Wagner demands only the best! Besides, I've hardly ever been outside of Mistral, and seeing the world is a valuable enrichment to one's life.

....Well. I suppose the one thing people must never know is....well, the family business isn't doing so well lately. We've been taking a few losses over the last five years, and we're losing money. It's part of why I'm pursuing training as a Huntress. In case things....go south.

Ah, the Dandy Man. This dueling weapon has been passed through the Wagners for generations. It was used by our bank's founder, Klaus Wagner, to settle accounts. If you know what I mean. And now, I am the holder of it~

Aside from our financial woes, I found that the role of a Huntress would allow me to contribute to the well-being of the world. What is it...noblesse oblige. I have been put into a position of great power and privilege due to my birth, and I am compelled to use that power for the greater good. It's what a gentlewoman does.

quote:

Name: Schwarz Wagner
Heritage: Mistral
Hair: Dark grey
Eyes: Dark grey

Health 3
Aura 11
Capacity 4

STR: 4
AGI: 2
WIL: 5
PER: 0
DIS: 3

Melee Acc - +7/+6
Range Acc - +7

Semblance: Focus
Can block out all outside distraction and concentrate on a singular task

Weapon
Name- Dandy Man
Description- A cane handed down through the Wagner family with the ability to unthread into a whip, which is the weapon's primary form. The cane can also be used as is as a makeshift rapier. Aura can also be channeled into the cane and shot out for ranged combat.
Elegant (Whip)/Precise (Cane)/Energy (Ranged)

Mods & Dust
Alternate Form (Precise)
Reach
Armor

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Feb 19, 2018

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Interest post

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
EDIT: Snip. Dropping this current app in favor of something a bit more fresh. Will make a new post with a new app sometime before deadline.

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 26, 2018

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

Questions posted:

What brought you to Beacon? Why pick it over the other schools?
"I kind of didn't? Grey did. He told me he's friends with the Headmaster, and that people are generally okay with Faunus here, though, so... That's good."

"So, you know how I said on my entrance form that I haven't discovered my Semblance? That's kind of a lie. Okay, it's not kind of a lie, it's a lie. I know what it is and I won't use it. I refuse. Last time, people died. And... I might have killed some of them."

"I made it. Didn't most people at Beacon make theirs? I mean, Grey helped. He helped with a lot."

"My... I guess you could call him my guardian? Grey, anyway. He's a retired Huntsman. And he told me that Remnant needs more Huntsmen and Huntresses. And he helped me out a lot, got me out of a... a bad place. So I guess I owe it to him. Besides, I don't really have much else."

Appearance posted:

Russet is tall and broad, with deeply tanned skin and bushy brown hair that almost but not quite hides his round, fuzzy bear ears. He has blocky features and an aquiline nose, as well as nigh-perpetual face-scruff. When not in his uniform(which is as often as he can get away with), he wears loose russet-coloured pants with a thick, heavy leather belt and a light, sleeveless khaki shirt. He's rarely seen without heavy brown leather gloves,
under the left of which is a roughly-built robotic hand with limited fine ability.

Backstory posted:

It's a universally-accepted truth that the further you get from the Kingdoms, the more you trade your security away for the freedom to operate away from the eyes of the law. That's... less true in Vacuo. Truth be told, Shade Academy is the only real place of order in the East of Sanus. Everywhere else, law and order are what the people with the guns say it is. And in an isolated mine to the northwest of Vacuo, the law was 'dig' and the order was 'faster'.

Russet grew up with a pickaxe in is hand. To this day, he doesn't know if the mine was officially owned by the Schnee Dust Company, or if they just used the snowflake emblem to evade suspicion. Either way, they held some very low opinions of their Faunus workforce. Russent was born into service, he expected to die in service. His childhood consisted of cleaning Dust crystals until he was old enough to put in a day of swinging a pickaxe. When he didn't work fast enough, that's when the beatings came. It was not an easy life, but it was the life he knew.

When he was fifteen, everything changed with a Grimm attack.

In a place as miserable as the mine, Grimm attacks weren't exactly rare. And there were people that dealt with that. But this time, they weren't enough on their own. The Grimm broke through. A bare-handed Russet ended up between three slavering Beowulves and a group of children. To his credit, he held his own remarkably well for someone that had never fought anything before. But that was until one of them bit his left hand clean off.

Through the pain, a red mist descended, and Russet shifted, his body twisting and bulging, the boy vanishing under claws and teeth and fury. He had given himself to a beast within. He tore the Grimm before him asunder, and then began to rampage through the hordes that assaulted the mine, screaming and clawing and biting and bleeding. By the time he was done, the rest of the Grimm had been routed. But the other defenders of the mine didn't recognize the wild animal that Russet had become. They opened fire on him as well. His mother tried to stop them, and they shot her dead. The red mist descended again, and Russet tore three men limb from limb before his rage finally subsided, he returned to just being a boy and he'd realized what he done. Then, a wounded and scared Russet did the only thing he could think to do.

He ran.

Russet doesn't know how far he ran, or how long he held out against bloodloss. It might have been hours. It might have been days. But eventually, he did fall. And in the unforgiving desert, his story should have ended there. But then, I wouldn't be telling it. No, Russet did eventually wake up, and when he did he was somewhere he didn't recognize. As it turned out, he was in a camper van. His wounds had been tended, and he found himself in the care of an old man, who identified himself only as Grey. Russet broke down, sobbing, and confessing everything. He expected he would be killed for what he did. He was a monster, after all. But Grey didn't see things the same way. Grey saw someone who could become a Huntsman, with some work.

As it turned out, Grey was a retired Huntsman himself, one of the lucky few. And he still had a few connections. In the beaten-up old camper, Grey and Russet traveled to Vale, and along the way Russet was taught a lot, brought up to speed on the world outside the mine. They even managed to get a replacement for Russet's hand, even if an imperfect one. From there, helping him forge a weapon was easy. Teaching him to use it was another matter. It took a lot of work to break through many years of will-breaking and pull out Russet's protective instincts without causing him to lose control or retreat inside himself out of fear of triggering his Semblance. Compared that, teaching Russet to use his enormous weapon was trivial. He took to it naturally.

Russet hasn't seen or spoken to Grey since his entrance exam. He receives a weekly stipend, and the occasional picture of some new place or another, but he's beginning to suspect that he was just a project for the retiree, and now that he's a 'success' there's no reason for Grey to bother with him anymore. And that thought is depressing.

Character Sheet posted:

Name: Russet Bruin [Name may change to accommodate a team colour name]
Heritage: Faunus
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown

Health: 6
Aura: 13
Capacity: 4

AGI: 0
STA: 5
WIL: 1
PER: 2+1

Semblance:
Berserk Frenzy - Russet abandons restraint and self-preservation as his form shifts, becoming bestial and huge. As long as he maintains it, he's stonger, faster, deadlier... And cannot defend himself or hold back.
(GM discretion for precise mechanics, but proposed version is to boost AGI and STR, but Russet treats all defensive rolls as though all dice are 1s, he may only take actions that are offensive in nature, he may not attack at range if there is a target that can be reached in melee, and he must attempt to maintain his frenzy as long as possible.)

Weapon posted:

Name: Sunder
Melee: +9 Aggressive
Ranged: +5 Heavy
Description:
Sunder is an enormous battleaxe. It uses a modern, blocky design with a short beard that cuts inward partway down at a hard 45-degree angle. The butt is spiked, and the body holds clues of its alternate form, a long-barreled 30mm anti-tank rifle, with the butt of the axe becoming an aggressive muzzle brake and bipod, and the head morphing into a stock. The brushed gunmetal is offset by wood grain in the upper haft and parts of the gun's body, and the word 'Sunder' is etched into the blade, with Russet's emblem burned into the wood.
Mods & Dust:
Giant: Sunder is huge. And it packs a wallop.
Yellow Dust: Russet has a strong affinity with Earth, and he finds using yellow Dust easy.
Red Dust: Red Dust is the most common type that Russet used to mine, and he's very familiar with it.

Lazy Bear fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Feb 19, 2018

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Very interested!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Perle Karmesin, the Phantom Pistoleer
Character Theme
Battle Theme

quote:

Well, unfortunately, my father rather vehemently disagreed with my chosen career path. He'd rather see me continue the family business, providing tools for those that do the real work of fighting the Grimm. And so... he pulled strings to have my application to Haven denied. I suppose I'm simply lucky that his connections don't extend so far as to the Beacon application committee. He's... a little mad that I left Mistral. I may not have told him where I was going until I was already gone.

quote:

...Next question.

When Perle was a small child, she went on a rather lengthy trip with her mother to see the Vytal Festival. The path was supposedly safe, supposedly secure... but bandits found their caravan nonetheless. The sheer terror that Perle felt when they were attacked was enough to draw a small horde of Grimm down upon them all. She was the only survivor. The event greatly strained relations between her and her father. She feels obligated to become a Huntress so that she won't be helpless if something like that were to happen again. He wants to coddle her more than ever, since she's all he has left. The two do vaguely understand where the other stands, but not enough to respect their respective wishes.

Naturally, she's effectively run away from home to attend Beacon. While she'll deflect any questions about her true motivations with some story about becoming a weaponsmith that can surpass her father, her true motivation is the guilt over her mother's death.

quote:

I built it myself, naturally, springing forth from principles used in some of our more traditional offerings. Karmesin Arms and Armor is a household name in Mistral. Most of our offerings are of a more traditional bent than Nacht und Träume are, but we've helped facilitate the equipping of a number of notable attendees of Haven and, indeed, Mistral's border forces. My father, Jasper, is a legend in the field. I aim to surpass him. And to do that... Well, I suppose I'll just have to prove my self one of the greatest Huntresses alive while wielding my own creation. Maybe then he'll realize I'm up to the task.

quote:

Well now, weren't you listening? I'll always be in my father's shadow if I simply continue the family business. If I'm to show him that I can stand on my own, I need to surpass him. Now, do you have anything else? I believe the admission ceremony is quite soon, so if you're quite finished...

Again, it's largely guilt and an attempt to escape the trauma of her past. The sense of powerlessness that consumed her as her mother and the attacking bandits alike were slaughtered by Grimm. A sense that she never wants to be a victim again.

quote:

Name: Perle Karmesin
Heritage: Mistral (+1 DIS)
Hair: Black
Eyes: Red

Health: 2
Aura: 13
Capacity: 12

WIL: 2
PER: 3
DIS: 6

Melee Accuracy: Elegant (+10)
Range Accuracy: Accurate (+6)

Semblance: Phase

The Character can dissolve their body into an incorporeal substance to pass through tight spaces, or solid objects. At very high levels, a Character could even become invisible or immune to many hazards.

Weapon
Name: Nacht und Träume
Description: A pair of oversized revolvers, capable of focusing Dust into a solid blade of energy when combined. While ironically more suited for melee combat than ranged due to the odd balance of the barrels, they are tremendously effective when it comes to facilitating the use of Dust both on and off the battlefield.

Mods & Dust
Adaptive Firing System (Dust Phials)
Hidden Weapon
Extended Magazine
Dust (Yellow)
Dust (Violet)
Mixed Capacity

Tricky fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 22, 2018

Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?

Dawn Norr
Main Theme - Totally Evil, For Real
Battle Theme - Someone's Panicking, But Not Me

Ah... hello there. No, there is no need to be afraid. I come in peace, as they say... Worry not. I left the blood-soaked traditions of the Rattling Sabers Clan on the threshold of the academy, and there they shall remain until I graduate.

As for what happens after... he-he... they who live, will see.

quote:

I was not inspired — I was chosen. The Rattling Sabers are known far and wide across the deserts of Vacuo for our relentless bloodthirst, but there are always greater heights of violence to reach. It was thus decided: one of the clan's youngsters would be sent forth to learn the secrets of the Huntsmen. No doubt you can guess who was given this honor, hm?

quote:

It's an heirloom of the clan. The finest weapon in our possession, passed down through generations... it was entrusted to me on the day I drew the short str... ahem, on the day the elders recognized my talent for carnage.

quote:

Well, geography. I suppose Shade was closer, but they'd hardly accept someone so notoriously dangerous as I, or anyone from the clan. We are not so famous in Vale, however.

quote:

I'd say my Semblance, but that's less of a secret and more of a... thing-I'd-rather-not-talk-about. Is there a word for that? Embarrasment, maybe?

No, the real secret — and it's not just mine, but the deepest secret of the whole Rattling Sabers Clan — is that... are you sure you want to hear this? If you insist on knowing, I can't guarantee your safety... Very well.

We're harmless. Seriously! We've never attacked anyone, we just wear red, act tough, and talk about blood and murder a lot. If you want to survive an anarchic wasteland without licking someone's boots or being actually evil, you gotta seem scary. Heck, Brutum Fulmen was literally the only non-fake weapon we had!

The reason I was sent to train is because Grimm aren't impressed by theatrics, there's a lot more of them than there used to be, and we're all gonna die if we can't defend ourselves for real!

quote:

Name: Dawn Norr
Heritage: Vacuo
Hair: Red

Health: 6
Aura: 15
Capacity: 1

STR: 3
AGI: 1
END: 5
WIL: 2
PER: 5
DIS: 0

Melee Acc - +8 (Aggressive)
Range Acc - N/A

Semblance: Nothing to see here.
Fine, it's haemokinesis. Look, it's gross, it's creepy, and it's nigh-useless unless there's already blood all over the place. Which we're trying to prevent, generally! So let's just pretend I haven't figured it out yet, yeah?

Weapon
Brutum Fulmen
An oversized, overly ornate claymore. Its black-and-red coloration is one sign of the exotic metals it was forged from; the other is its sheer weight, being twice as heavy as a steel weapon of the same size. It lacks the finesse of modern weapons, true, but there's nothing like it for brute force.

Mods & Dust
No ranged mode.
Giant.

Auraboks fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 22, 2018

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.

Jet Ashcroft Bad Lands Legacy

quote:

“. . . My mother, Raven Ashcroft, came from Vale. You know how it is: you hear stories growing up, you see pictures, and when your own home starts to seem a little too familiar your feet set to wanderin’. Vale ‘n’ Vacuo ‘re old allies, after all, so there’s an exchange program of sorts in place. It helps keep Vacuo abreast of developments in the world, so we don’t fall behind like we did before the start of the Great War.

I guess there’s another reason too. My sister, Char, she’s already enrolled at Shade Academy. Her and I, we’ve always been ... competitive towards each other. Going to Shade would’ve been a special kinda hell with her always lording her seniority over me. This way, we both get our training in, and we’re out from under each other’s feet.

And, you know, if we should just so happen to end up on opposite sides of the Vytal Festival, wouldn’t that just be interesting?”

quote:

What’s your biggest secret?
“My mother’s chili recipe. Best stuff you ever tasted, and if you’re lucky I’ll even share it with you. The recipe, however, stays with the bloodline, on threat of indefinite grounding. Don’t think that just because I’m in another Kingdom that I’m safe from my mother’s wrath. Ha, she’s scarier than any Grimm.”

quote:

Where’d you get your weapon from?
“The Buster Stake? The Ashcroft family’s been training with variants on the basic concept since the end of the Great War. The first one was way bigger, more of a cannon-lance arrangement, but four generations of retooling and refining the manufacturing methodology has made ‘em more and more compact. My old man built mine … after I graduate, I’ll build my own. Someday, I’ll pass ‘em down to my own son.”

quote:

What inspired you to become a Huntsman?
“Well, you could say it’s the family business. My old man, Cole Ashcroft, was a Huntsman as well. Me and my sister both got dragged out on jobs with him sometimes, when Mom’s corporate work had her attending far off meetings or doing on-site inspections. I’ve seen the remains of gutted towns where the Grimm got bold. There ain’t no doubt in my mind that what Huntsmen do is necessary work.”

Character Sheet posted:

Name: Jet Ashcroft
Heritage: Vacuo
Hair: Blonde

Health: 4
Aura: 14
Capacity: 2

STR: 5
AGI: 3
STA: 3 (2+1)
PER: 4
DIS: 1

Melee Acc - +8 (Aggressive)
Range Acc - +6 (Heavy)

Semblance: Shadow Puppet
By lacing Aura into his shadow, it becomes an extension of Jet’s will. It can be projected away from his body to serve as a reconnaissance tool, be hardened with enough Aura to interact with the environment and carry small items, or be used as a decoy in combat scenarios. It does, however, always hold his shape, and is incapable of speaking, making long distance communication through the shadow difficult.

Weapon

Weapon as modeled by his younger sister Char
Name – Buster Stake
Description - The Buster Stake is a pair of pile bunkers with heavy steel cases with perpendicular handles that allow them to be employed as tonfa. Using rotational force and their own weight, these clubs can do significant damage to a Grimm with bludgeoning force alone. Against tougher enemies, however, each club contains a single Red Dust Shell which allows the Pile Bunker to fire with explosive force.

As with most Hunter weapons, the Buster Stake also incorporates a ranged mode. By reversing the grip on the tonfa to utilize a more traditional pistol grip, the Buster Stake retracts and flips away its metallic stake. This clears the breach for its receiver to feed shotgun shells into the smoothbore channel the stake previously occupied. The Red Dust propellant can also be triggered in this mode, spraying a cone of fire and buckshot that the Hunter can use to engage or suppress large groups of Grimm in the field.

Mods & Dust - Additional Weapon, Red Dust

Justice Grieves fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 19, 2018

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Wooly
Main Theme
Battle Theme

...? Oh, sorry! I couldn't hear you because of the ear-pro. Er, hearing protection. The earmuffs. These things.

I mean... They do look dumb, but safety first! My semblance can get very loud. Here, I have some extra foamies if you want... No? Oh... W-well, the hardhat and the eye-pro are just, uh... I mean, practice can be dangerous, right? People don't watch where they're swinging things, and... And they're all custom, so... I guess it's just a habit for me. I used to work in a factory in Atlas, so I had to wear this stuff all the time.

I was basically a compressor for the factory. My semblance lets me control gas pressure, and paying me a low wage was way cheaper than fixing all their compressors and boosters and getting them re-certified. I usually worked, like, 20 hours a day. I'd sleep at work and they didn't really let me go outside. It wasn't too bad, though! Work is supposed to suck, and all my brothers and sisters got to eat because of me! When I started I'd get one day off per week, but those went away after the factory got more business... And then I fell asleep while filling a train car with oxygen and got, uh... Fired.

And now I'm here!

I was invited by a huntress that graduated from here! Her name's Esmerelda. She helped me with the paperwork. She was sent out to investigate when I accidentally blew up - er, when the factory exploded. She talked to the state police and they gave me the option of either going to jail or going to an academy, and Atlas Academy was out of the question since they wanted me out of the kingdom, sooooo...

Well... I only started going to school a few months ago after I was invited to Beacon, so I can't really read well. Or write. I know all of the industrial caution signs and I can read numbers, but that's about it.

That's a lie. Not about the reading, though, just about that being the biggest secret. I get paid by the White Fang for going to Beacon. I mean, I don't really get paid, but my family does. They've been able to move out of the slums because of it, and now all my brothers and sisters can go to school. And spy is a really strong term, I'm more of a, uh... Bellringer? I think that's the term they used. I just take pictures and post them, which is totally normal, and there are a few code words I can post if I overhear anything about plans against the White Fang.

I stole it! It's not like the factory would miss one part of a press out of all the rubble. It's a very useful tool that I can use my semblance to power, and I was familiar with it from playing around with it all the time, so I just stuck with it.

Oh, I always wanted to do this! Two of them saved me from a grimm attack when I was a child. They couldn't save my dad, but they tried! Anyways, I always liked listening to all of the stories. I just never thought I could do it because of the academy entrance exams, since I had to start working and never got to go to school. But now that I'm actually doing it, I don't know how I'm going to keep up with the schoolwork...

quote:

Name: Walberto (Wooly) Woolworth
Heritage: Faunas (+1 PER)
Hair: White
Eyes: Brown

Health: 3
Capacity: 2

END: 2
WIL: 4
PER: 4
DIS: 1

Melee Acc: +7 (Aggressive)
Range Acc: +4 (Energy)

Semblance: Pressure
Wooly can change the pressure of gasses and even compress them into liquids. It could be any gas, but it has to be something that's already there; he can't actually create anything, so he usually just works with air. He can kick up gusts of wind, create vacuums to fight fires, make loud noises, or even generate large shockwaves by releasing a large amount of compressed air at once, similar to throwing a phial of green dust.

Unfortunately, all of his focus on training with his semblance means that Wooly's a little lacking in the normal combat department compared to his peers.

Weapon
Name: El Pateador
Description: A repurposed large-bore pneumatic press piston on a battering ram. It's also very handy for standing on, lifting things, or launching things (including liquid gas bombs, dust phials, yourself, and your friends)! That last one is dangerous, please don't do it. Safety first! Wear your protective gear! Observe all precautions stamped on the side! And please stop making ram jokes.

Violet dust canisters can be loaded into the piston head, which are then activated on contact by an inertial pin. The entire assembly is powered by a compressed air cylinder, which only provides two shots worth of power before needing to be refilled due to the size and speed of the piston. This isn't a problem for Wooly, but it means that the weapon has very limited use without his assistance.

Pateador also has a guide tube that swings out, allowing it to be used to launch phials and violet dust grenades.

Mods & Dust:
Violet Dust (Force)

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 21, 2018

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

Background: Clover has an easy going, if somewhat blunt personality, she is eager to please. Her family lived on a small island which was part of a small series of islands off the Ateslan mainland. While the islands are cold there is an odd abundance of mosses and lichens which grow upon them - which gave the small archipelago their namesake - the Emerald Isles. The small archipelago served as habitation for a small subsistence fishing village, whose pastimes consist of being cold, drinking copious amounts of booze, eating copious amounts of protein & fat in the form of fish and aquatic-mammals, and vigorous physical sports to stave off depression. Oh, and occasionally beating off a Grimm attack. While the population of the archipelago was small it is home, almost exclusively, to former hunters and their families. Hunter training was actively encourage. While Clover loves her family, as she entered her teens the tedium of living on an island became more than she could bare, so she set off to the mainland to pursue a career as a hunter as her parents had before her.

Oh also despite being pretty easy going Clover is incredibly envious and competitive - because Green-eyed monster. Green as a theme! Do ya get it do I need to paint youse a picture and frame it? No? Okay then.

Pfft, well it ain’t as fuckin’ cold as Atlas Academy and it ain’t as loving hot as Shade. I dunno I guess Haven would be okay. But whadda ya think I am some kind of idiot? Beacon’s the best course I wanna go to the best school.

Don’t really have nuthin’ worth keeping secret. Used to go out when I was really young to watch when my parents and other folk were fighting the Grimm, it was pretty sick. I got in alot of trouble and mah would whack my rear end red afterwards.

“It was forged in the fires of Mt. despair by the hands of Giliford the Great”

“Nawww… I’m just kidding. Bought ‘em at Crazy Ralph’s discount Atlesian Military Surplus Emporium… Then I spray painted them green n’poo poo. Used to use my parent’s hand me downs.

It is in the blood. 'sides what else would someone want to be? You look at any show on the scroll and they are about hunters being big drat heroes.

pre:
Name:  Clover Verdant
Heritage: Atlas
Hair: Green
Eyes: Green

Health 5
Aura 12
Capacity 4

STR: 6
END: 4 
PER: 2

Melee Acc - 10 (Aggressive)
Range Acc -  3

Semblance: Felix. Clover has managed to survive blundering into fights with lesser Grimm on the 
island at young-age not due to skill or intelligence, but due to luck. 
In combat her semblance sometimes manifests in the form of improbable luck such as finding 
a hidden weakness in her opponents armor or  tripping to avoid an otherwise devastating blow.  

Weapon 
Name- Throwing Knife Thingies
Description- Detachable two-layered foldable boomerang knives, cheap! Impractical, but sharp and durable.

Mods & Dust 
Additional weapon - The knife boomrang has two layers, she can separate the layers to use as a weapon 
in her other hand. She uses the knife boomerang thingy in her left hand and her right!!!
Alternative stance - snaps back two of the four edges of her throwing boomerang 
knives to makes the weapon non-throwable and decreases its area making it 
less likely to cut swift opponents, but it makes for a more stable and harder hitting melee weapon.
Martial arts

MinutePirateBug fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 3, 2018

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!

Rebecca Marengo
Main Theme
Battle Theme

Well, the truth is that I didn't really pick Beacon, Beacon picked me. I applied to all four of the Academies, you see. I'm not from any of the four kingdoms and I'm not human, so I couldn't exactly afford to be selective. I've got to take what I can get, and cultivating as many options as possible kinda seemed the best way to go. It was such an incredible long shot, and I probably have better odds of getting struck by lightning, but my life wasn't going anywhere here, so I had to try. Atlas and Haven didn't even dignify me with a response. Shade politely declined. But Beacon.. I got a reply from Headmaster Ozpin himself! He said Beacon Academy would not only be happy to have me, but would even cover the cost of my being there! I don't know why he'd ever do such anything for someone like me, but some sort of miracle had happened! I've never been happier in my life!

I'm a thief. Or I was a thief, rather. You see, living in Menagerie there isn't a lot of opportunity to be had. I lived with my grandfather, and while he'd taken care of me when I was little, as I grew I started needing to take care of him. I began stealing to make ends meet, sometimes from people who were not any better off than we were. It wasn't just loaves of bread or fish to keep our bellies full, either. I'd take valuable things and sell them. I was good at it, and we lived pretty well.

It's a part of my life that I keep telling myself is behind me, that I'm a student at Beacon Academy now, and I should be above this sort of thing. Here in Vale, there's so much stuff, and just taking some it would be so easy. I know Headmaster Ozpin said I'd be taken care of. But sometimes I see something now, just sitting there ripe for the taking, and an insidious little voice in the back of my head says things like this won't last forever and I could use that, and it's really hard to not listen to it. I really struggle with it; with not taking something that strikes me as being possibly useful in the future. I'm here because of the Headmaster's good will. I hope I don't embarrass myself, all Faunus, or worst of all: betray his trust.

I built it myself! My grandfather was an educated man, and a machinist when he was young. He taught me a lot, and even after he lost his sight, he would still help me with things and show me new tricks. He was amazing. It's because of his experience I was able to put together the Dubraide. It wasn't easy, though, and it took months! As you already know, I didn't exactly come from a background with a lot of resources at my disposal, either; so I had to do a lot of scavenging. As you might guess, some of the components I salvaged came from people who might still have had a use for such things, even if they didn't need them immediately. (I did!) I promised myself that I'd make it up to them later, some day when I could.

So much of Remnant's past is shrouded in mystery. To go back even a hundred years, and you're back into the domain of hearsay, and any further than that, practically into myth and legend. My grandfather was something of a historian, always with his stories and myths. I want to shed some light on that history he shared with me, that I grew up with. That means having to go out into the world, which means I'd better be prepared. I can't think of a better profession to take up which'll make my dream a reality. If everything goes according to plan, I'll not only be able to help people in a more practical sense, but I'll be able to improve our collective understanding of the world by uncovering long-lost history!

Character Sheet posted:

Name: Rebecca Marengo (Subject to change, depending on the needs of the group, of course!)
Heritage: Faunus
Hair: Black

Health - 2(1)
Aura - 14
Capacity - 10(5)

1 STR
5 AGI
0 END
2 WIL
4 PER
4 DIS

Melee Acc - +1 (Aggressive)
Range Acc - +9 (Accurate)

Semblance:
Think Fast! - Rebecca's Semblance causes her mind to operate at an incredible pace. From her perspective time seems to slow down, although she isn't capable of moving any faster than she normally can. While in this state, Rebecca is afforded a lengthy amount of time to observe the details of her surroundings and consider her next course of action. Acting while under the influence of her Semblance lets her guide her actions with a careful precision.

Weapon
Dubraide - The Dubraide might be best summed-up as something of a double-barreled chainsaw. At rest in it's default (and more compact) melee form, the Dubraide features a thick bar, roughly 60cm long, around which it's sharp-toothed chain cycles when engaged. The interior portion of this blade section houses two rifled barrels which can extrude and extend from the right side of the blade, linking up with other portions of their barrels resting within the drive/grip portion of the weapon. The drive/grip portion of the Dubraide is also quite large, about 40cm long, and undergoes a radical transformation when shifting from melee to ranged form. In it's melee state, it handles a lot like a chainsaw, whereas it resembles a more conventional rifle stock when in ranged form. The whole of the weapon is a dark metal, although the teeth of the saw tend to glow with a color appropriate to the Dust being used. It is, by all accounts, a rather unwieldy weapon. Honestly, it's probably too heavy for Rebecca, but it's all she's got. Perhaps with some work she'll be able to better tailor it to her needs in the future.

Mods & Dust
Brown Dust -The Dubraide is currently configured to only use brown Dust.
Additional Weapon - The Dubraide features two barrels.
Extended Magazine - An oversized magazine cartridge features prominently on the Dubraide's right side.
Armor - While not all that durable to begin with, Rebecca has a little more staying power than her appearance might suggest.

bahamut fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 21, 2018

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

quote:

Seamstress, Singer, Actress...Huntress???
Roughly four months ago, Sunlight Harmony Generation member, television actress, success story and Vale's girl next door Chordelia Empirienne shocked the music world with her announcement she was leaving the idol group that brought her into the limelight to attend classes at the Huntsman academy, Beacon. Since the announcement, Empirienne has remained largely silent to the public, only occasionally posting images and messages to social media, such as a picture of her squaring off against Huntress Tara Grigio, who the singer called her "tutor". However, she recently broke that silence to have an interview with Airwave Gala's own Bentley Napier.

Bentley Napier: Chordelia, you've been pretty quiet these last few months. How's it- how have things been going for you? Been busy?
Chordelia Empirienne: Oh, busy, that's certainly one way to put it. (Laughs) Tara, Quentin, the others, they've been kicking my butt getting me ready to start training for real this coming year.

BN: That rough, huh? Would you say you think that you're ready?
CE:
Oh, definitely. It was a little tough starting out, but I think I'm definitely in way better form than when I started.

BN: Well that's great to hear. So, I figure, we should probably start off with the biggest question, the one that's been on everyone's minds these past few months- what made you decide on this, shall we say, career change?
CE:
Okay, first, I just want to preface this by saying I've been seeing a lot of rumors going around online, and I just want to quash them now before I really get into my reason why, because it's a little serious, and I don't want them coloring peoples' interpretation of what I'm saying. The rest of the Harmony girls, they're all great, and I love them. This isn't because of some spat with them. They've always been my girls and they always will be to me, no matter what happens. Bentley, do you remember the charity show we did at the end of the Hunt For A Hero tour?

BN: I do, that was for the survivors of Supernal Mist, and the Huntsmen that managed to finally put an end to that Grimm siege, right?
CE:
It was. And there I had one of those...moments, where everything suddenly clicks. I've always gotten letters and messages from people all over the world, me and the rest of the girls, telling us how much they love the music, how much it means to them, it helps them have hope, here, in this world where if you don't have it, that just brings more Grimm to your door. But there, at the show, there was this kid, a little girl, and she was there with one of the Huntsmen that had saved her from that hell. I saw that and it- that's real, genuine hope. Not just some silly little song, some passing happiness, but being able to be this unambiguous force for good, to be able to show up and everyone immediately know everything will be all right, that they'll be safe, because a Huntress is there. A- And then, not just promising it, but being able to deliver it. That is I decided on, as you put it, the career change.

BN: Wow, heavy was right.
CE:
Yeah, I know, that was a little much, but- it's how I genuinely feel about it all.

BN: Ok, I'm trying to think which of these questions I've got I can ask after that, I really wasn't expecting something like that. Seems a little off-putting to just change tone from that to asking the more mundane, real light stuff.
CE:
Light's fine. I think we could all use some more levity in our lives.

BN: Ok, we'll slowwwwly change course. So, after having that sort of, of moment of clarity there, how did you choose Beacon? Someone like you, they've really got the whole world open to them, you could have gone anywhere. So why Beacon, in particular?
CE:
It genuinely wasn't even much of a choice. I've lived my whole life in Vale, my whole family has, it's where I started helping out at my grandfather's tailoring business, and where he started it. You can't just turn your back on that kind of history. Besides, could you imagine how it would look if instead of here I went to Atlas? (Laughs)

BN: Is there something wrong with Atlas?
CE:
Oh, no, nothing wrong with them. It'd just be, ah, a bad look, turning your back on your home like that.

BN: So, going back to Tara, in the picture you posted of the two of you, you seem to be wielding some kind of mace, which isn't really the kind of weapon I would have pictured you with. What's the story there?
CE:
(Laughs) It really isn't the kind of thing you'd think I'd use, is it? It's something Olivia would be more the kind to have. But it's based on what my great-grandfather used back in the Great War, there's a story there that I don't know if I have the time for, but the short version is back then, there weren't always enough weapons to go around, and they had to make do with what they had, see what they could make. So he had this ugly thing, a cobbled together cudgel and rivet gun. But it got him through that and this, the Staccato Discordant, will get me through the Grimm. Just a bit better looking and a lot more reliable. Hiring some of the best combat engineers in Vale to build a weapon for you will do that.

BN: Family certainly seems to come up a lot. Pretty important to you, huh?
CE:
Oh, certainly.

BN: How have they felt about your deciding to become a Huntress and attend Beacon?
CE:
They've been nothing but supportive. My grandfather especially. "Just like my old man," is what he told me.

BN: That's wonderful. And the fans, would you say they've been just as supportive?
CE:
There have certainly been a few that haven't, but most, the vast majority, have had a genuinely, overwhelmingly positive response. And it makes sense, because they've always just been this, incredible, positive force. They're the best.

BN: And the rest of Sunlight Harmony Generation?
CE:
Also incredibly positive and supportive. I'm going to miss them.

BN: Are you going to miss performing too?
CE:
Don't rule that out quite yet. I might be on my way to being a Huntress now, but music's still my number one passion. We'll see. Maybe I'll be able to do something over the summer.

BN: Ooo. Is that a promise?
CE:
(Winks)

BN: Alright, well, that's about all the time I've got, I'm afraid. Anything else you'd like to say? Maybe something you'd like to get off your chest, like, oh, I don't know...finally telling us how you were able to be in the crowd and on the stage during Sunlight Harmony Generation's debut tour?
CE:
Come on, Bentley, a girl's gotta have her secrets.

quote:

Almost everything Chordelia said in the interview is bullshit. She isn't becoming a Huntress for any altruistic or heroic reasons. She was ready to start building her personal brand and it was simply what she figured was the best way to get out of her contract with Sunlight Harmony Generation in a semi-favorable position. Using her money and contacts to secure a place at Beacon on the downlow, then announcing it without any warning. If the label tried to retain her after that, it was a pretty bad look for them. Here's this girl trying to keep people safe, and they're getting right in the middle of it? Bad optics. So she gets to be free from the contract with a slap-on-the-wrist monetary penalty, then after graduating, spends a couple years doing easy Huntress gigs, work on an album in between missions, then retire from being a Huntress and resume performing. Or so she figures. Chordelia wildly underestimates the danger and risk associated with her new life, and even with the tutoring and a weapon and semblance-based fighting style built to stack the deck in her favor, she's still at best a lower-end-of-average fighter. About the only thing that she wasn't lying about was the importance of family and her distaste for Atlas, with said distaste having been picked up from her family.

quote:

Name: Chordelia Empirienne
Heritage: Vale
Hair: Platinum Blonde (Dyed)
Eyes: Sky Blue
Outfit: Chordelia's outfit is designed very specifically to remind everyone around her of her idol past. A white button-up blouse, with an open blue vest that connects over the front, a large bow attached. Long blue gloves with the thumb, ring and pinkie fingers exposed, with a recurring gold star pattern printed across the material. The traditional ruffled RWBY skirt, blue over the white underlayers; blue thigh-high socks with the gold star printed over the knees, an echoing gold outline of the star repeating an inch or so out from the knee star, and then another "echo" out past that. Shoes are the classic white idol tennis shoes, with light blue trim. Finishing off the outfit is the large blue bow that ties her hair back in a single long ponytail, and gold earrings in the shape of her symbol, a star with an outline of a large old-timey microphone in the middle.

Health: 1
Capacity: 3

Strength: 1
Agility: 3
Endurance: 0
WIL: 6 (Vale)
Perception: 4
Discipline: 2

Semblance: Image Teleportation. Chordelia can connect to an image of herself by reaching out with her Aura and then snapping to its location, like a rubber band stretched out between two points. Typically she just uses it to zip around her immediate area, seeing a reflection or picture and then snapping to it, but if she takes the time, she can infuse a specific image with enough Aura for a persistent effect, a beacon she can snap to at will, provided the image isn't physically disturbed enough to dispel the Aura.

Weapon
Name: Staccato Discordant
Description: A combination of mace and high impact nail gun. The mace form is long and slender, the head rounded with studs forming star patterns across it. Transforming into the nail gun form involves the head splitting down the middle, with one half flipping ninety degrees and slimming to form an over-arm cover, the other half is attached to the handle, which collapses downwards and allows the magazine to become accessible (the mag was contained within the head portion of the mace) The gold and blue parts of Chordelia's color scheme are reflected with the metallic body of the weapon being that same gold, with the handle being wrapped in blue-colored leather.
Melee: +1 (Aggressive)
Range: +5 (Precise)

Mods & Dust
Extended Mag
Red Dust

Angry Walrus fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Mar 3, 2018

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Aubrey Burns, Shattered Hands, Unbroken Heart

Main Theme
Fight Theme

Mmm? You want my story? Eh it's not a long one, so I can probably get through this one pretty fast. I'm Aubrey Burns, and when I was really young my town way up north was hit by Grimm. Sure, the Atlesian military got there to clean it up pretty fast, but by the time they arrived my house had been hit by a deathstalker. They found me in the rubble, near the top, but my hands were pinned and crushed beyond reason. As you might expect, my parents didn't make it.

So I headed off to the hospital for a long time, and was told my hands would never recover, there were options, but I had no money and no desire to pursue them. I'd go to school to get my payback. I worked hard, and never took any handouts from anyone (ahhhh, that's a bad pun, sorry), but I never really fit in in Atlas. I had no family name to try to uphold, no big legacy. I was a guy with partially disabled hands and no money for prosthetics biting and kicking his way to the big leagues. My semblance was a life saver, helped me build and perfect my Jarngriprs, and lets me use other tech without my accessibility add-ons (wide keyboards, that kind of stuff).

Mannnn, don't give me that look, it's been a long time, I'm good! I'm having a blast training, getting stronger, and Beacon is the best place in the world to be for this! Let's get this show on the road!

quote:

I didn't like it up in Atlas. Sure it's too warm down here, but nobody knows me, nobody knows why I keep my hands in my pockets, or why I don't want to play video games.

quote:

Well, I don't like announcing "Hey folks, my hands don't close right, and they're more metal than bone!" but honestly it's not a secret I can hide. But nobody can know that I was offered prosthetics by my foster family while I was in school, I turned them down. I don't want to fix my hands, they're the only connection I have to my parents, a constant painful (emotionally and physically) reminder of why I'm here. I know I could help more people if I took the offer, but I never will.

quote:

I got some help building it from my foster father, but when I discovered my semblance I finished the build myself. The Jarngriprs cover my weak hands and I don't have to worry about my hands spasming and dropping them.

quote:

The oldest reason in the books, I reckon. I wanna get my payback. I wanna crush all the Grimm and prove that even with my injuries and drawbacks that I'm still stronger than them. That I'm stronger than despair.

quote:

Name: Aubrey Burns [Willing to change to match a team name]
Hair: Auburn
Eyes: Green

Health 5
Aura 11
Capacity 4

STR: 2+1
END: 4
WIL: 5
PER: 1

Melee Acc - Aggressive 3+4 = 7 (+Martial Arts)
Range Acc - Energy 0+5 = 5

Semblance: Technology Control
Access and control nearby tech. When paired with his Orange Dust he can overclock nearby machines, making them work faster and better, though probably damaging them.

Weapon

Name- Jarngriprs
Description- Two sleek white cannons to cover my hands. I can channel my aura through them to shoot out blasts of energy, or just clobber people over the head with them.

Mods & Dust
Hidden Weapon - They just cover my hands, so they can fit in a jacket pocket.
Orange Dust - Lightning (pg 15)
Martial Arts - Trained to fight with his legs, knees, elbows, and basic throws if unarmed. He also can fight mostly with his hands in his pockets if he wants to keep his hands out of sight.

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Feb 21, 2018

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

When darkness clouds this land, when it looks like all hope is lost, a hero arrives, shining brighter than the brightest star, with a heart burning with justice! She cuts through the darkness to bring back the light, and return the hope that was once lost, and punish those with evil, corrupt hearts! She fights to protect all that is good, pure, and cute in this world!

The Super Cutie Huntress of Justice~☆, the Crimson Blossom, has arrived!

Rosalyn Brandt, the Crimson Blossom
Character Theme
Battle Theme

...Did ya like that? I spent weeks working on that little speech! It's pretty cool, right!?

Oh! I haven't properly introduced myself, have I? The name's Rosalyn Brandt, but you call me Rosie! It's nice to meet ya!

quote:

Heck, why wouldn't I apply to Beacon? I mean, yea, I could've applied to Haven instead, and I'd be a lot less further from home, but if I wanna be a proper Cutie Huntress, then Beacon felt like the better option!

...You're not buying it, are you? *Sigh*, okay, fine, I'll tell you the truth; I'm actually here to get away from my family, or more specifically, my mom. It's... look, it's a long story, alright? I just... didn't want to be there anymore, so I... I might've ran away, but I didn't have anywhere else to go, so I applied to Beacon out of desperation. Imagine my surprise when I actually got accepted. Not that I'm complaining. It's better than going back home.

quote:

Tsk, tsk~ Has anyone ever told you it's rude to pry into a lady's secret~?

Alright, I'll tell you, but please don't tell anyone else. I actually come from a high class family, and my mom... Yea, let's just say she's not going to be winning any Mother of the Year awards anytime soon, and what's worse is that she had my whole life planned out for me without even asking me for permission, and I didn't want that. I didn't want any of that. My family has all this power and influence, but we don't do anything with it. We could help so many people, but all they care about is helping themselves, and I hated it. That's not the life I wanted to lead. I wanted to be a proper Huntress, helping people, making an actual difference, but when I told mom about my dream, she shot me down, told me she doesn't care about what my dream is, and me being a Huntress won't help the family, so... I left. Grabbed my stuff, and ran far, far away from home. Maybe it wasn't the smartest decision, but it was my decision to make.

quote:

This lil cutie used to belong to my granny~ Gran's a whiz when it comes to weapon designs, and she made this herself. She passed it down to me when I came of age after giving it a few special refinements~

My granny used to be a Huntress, and this used to be her weapon. As you've probably guessed by now, my granny and my mom don't exactly get along well with each other. Granny doesn't approve of the way mom is handling things, but she can't really do much about it. Hah, I still remember the look on her face when I told her I wanted to be a Huntress. She had the biggest smile on her face, and on the night I was planning on running away, she came to my room, and gave me her old sword. She told me she spent the last few weeks refining it for me, making it even better, so that I could be the best Huntress I can be. She didn't have to go through all that trouble, but she did. All for me.

quote:

It was my granny, of course~ She was the original Crimson Blossom, and she'd always sit me down and tell me stories about her days as a Huntress, and I never got tired of them! I always looked forward to her story times, and I remember how much I wanted to be like her while I was growing up, so I guess you could say my granny's the one who inspired me to do this~

I miss granny.

quote:

Name: Rosalyn Brandt
Heritage: Mistral
Hair: Red

Health 4
Aura 11
Capacity 6

STA: 3
PER: 2

Melee Acc - Elegant 5+5 = 10
Range Acc - Heavy 5+3 = 8

Semblance: Aura Link

Rosalyn can link her Aura with a (willing) target, establishing a personal connection with them, allowing her and the target to transmit their thoughts, physical prowess, and, under incredible circumstances, semblance. Unfortunately, the biggest downside of the link is each side will be able to hear every though that comes out from each other, which has the potential to make things a little awkward.

Weapon

Name- Ascheschwert
Description- A red sword with a red dust engine stored inside of it. When the gear-like shift is pulled, it causes fire to shoot out of the blade.

The blade is also able to retract itself, and turn into a shotgun, capable of firing explosive rounds from the barrel.

Mods & Dust
Additional Weapon
Mobility (Rosie wears a pair of very fashionable roller blades to battle. She can also the flame explosions from her sword to propel her forward.)
Draw Trigger
Dust (Red)
Dust (Violet)

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Feb 22, 2018

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Cheyenne tol Indikon
Character Theme - Atlesian Hospitality
Battle Theme - An Atlas-Sized Beatdown

Well howdy! Ain't you a real sight fer sore eyes? M' Cheyenne, Cheyenne tol Indikon of th' Indikon family an' restaurant chain, been servin' our troops an' our citizens fer over a century now. S'there anythin' I can do fer ya? Cup o'tea? Pillow fer yer seat? Anythin' at all ya were hankerin' for ta eat, sugarcube? Oh, ya just me ta answer some questions? I reckon I can do that! Ask away, an' I'll give out answers like sap from my pappy's maple trees.

quote:

Shoot, that one's easier'n makin' apple fritters. M'family ain't just a buncha cooks, after all. Th' Indikon name's also tied ta some real humdinger Huntsmen an' Huntresses. Th' oldest member of every generation goes off ta get trainin', usually at Atlas Academy. Now that bein' said, this 'ere is a real change in th'program, an' I'm still not quite sure how t'feel about it, 'cept that it's th'right choice. I was gettin' ready ta apply fer Atlas Academy when my Pa said ta send it over ta Beacon. He says it's 'cuz folks from Vale sometimes get th' wrong image of Atlesians, thinkin' we're all work an' no play. But that ain't true at all! An' ta prove it, pa wants me ta go ta Beacon an' show th' folks there th' kind of hospitality an' results only an Atlesian can get. He's even gonna send me some crates of our family's recipes so's I can show these Vale folks what they're missin' an' make some friends.

In reality, Cheyenne is being sent over by the Indikon company to act as a mascot for their restaurant chain, providing free samples of their food products to drum up interest in opening a Vale branch of Indikon Kitchens. In addition, the move of sending a very sweet and polite girl over to Beacon is also a play to develop better Atlas-Vale relations, giving the average Vale citizen a much more flattering image of Atlas than reality.

quote:

My pappy always told me that unless it was a trade secret or about national security, ya don't keep secrets from people. Closest thing I can think of that ain't either o'those is that I'm afraid o'flyin' in planes.

Unbeknownst to her, Cheyenne's biggest secret is that the firstborn of every other generation of Indikon is raised to be the next figurehead of the company, and in her case, this meant carefully grooming her to be a hard worker, skilled cook, abnormally hospitable and kind towards anyone, and absolutely unquestioning of tradition or authority. A perfect puppet to parade around for PR, completely oblivious to her situation.

quote:

Stallion's Spine? Well by golly, you've asked a real great question! This 'ere rifle-sword has been around since th'very first Indikon took up th'mantle of Huntsman up until he retired an' opened th'first Indikon Kitchen. Every Huntsman an' Huntress in th' Indikon family has used it, an' now it's my turn. My pa sure was nice ta leave it in a lil' glass box fer me. I took extra special care ta get it 'fore headin' off ta Beacon.

For once, this is almost a completely factual statement. Cheyenne is in fact wielding the original Stallion's Spine, first made over a century ago and wielded by Clint Indikon. However, while Stallion's Spine's design has remained unchanged aesthetically for all this time, when it comes time to hand over the gun to the new Huntsman or Huntress of the family, they are actually given a recreation of it with modernized internals for better efficiency. Clint's original Stallion's Spine has been in a sealed glass case ever since the third generation of Indikons. Cheyenne, bless her heart, is unaware of this fact, and took the original with her to Beacon, having never seen the weapon in any other location when not wielded by her mother or grandfather.

quote:

I ain't sure I understand th' question. I mean, s'my job as th' eldest of this generation ta become a Huntress, goin' out there ta deliver justice, bring order ta chaos, an' bring smiles ta everyone's faces, right? S'what th' Indikon family does, an' I sure as heck ain't gonna be th' first ta break the cycle, 'specially not if people are countin' on me. Fer me, there ain't no other place I'd rather be than right here.

quote:

Name: Cheyenne tol Indikon
Hair: Dirty Platinum Blonde
Eyes: Violet

Health 1
Aura 14
Capacity 6

STR: 2
AGI: 2
END: 0
WIL: 4
PER: 3

Melee Acc - 7 (Elegant)
Range Acc - 7 (Precise)

Semblance: Lasso. Cheyenne can create a lasso from her aura, tethered to her chest, and toss it either by hand or with a mental command. Malleable enough to reshape into smaller or larger loops, it is also a prime conduit for Dust, though this is both a blessing and a curse.

Weapon
Name-Stallion's Spine
Description-A two-handed lever action rifle that can transform into a one-handed heavy pistol and saber.

Mods & Dust
Orange (Lightning) Dust
Black (Light)
White (Ice) Dust
Mixed Capacity (Black)
Mixed Capacity (White)

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hel~lo Hunters and Huntresses!

It's a PLEASURE to meet you! My name is Beryl Stone, first of the Atlas Corporation's Friendly Huntress Robots! Designed to be the ultimate anti-Grimm defense, we've been developed with fully functioning FRIENDLY personalities and our own Auras! In order to properly discover and demonstrate the capabilities of these new units, one of each of the Beryl units, including myself, has been deployed to each of the Hunter Academies, where we're to integrate with the Human and Faunus teams to develop our skills and personalities, all while providing useful test data back to Atlas and making sure we function properly for the betterment of all of Remnant!

While my stylish appearance may make it obvious that I am not made of flesh like you, please be assured I will not go insane and try to DESTROY you! I am a Beryl Unit, and Beryl means Beta Experimental Robot You'll Love! That's right, Beryl means Happy, Friendly Robots! I'd also like to ask that you not attempt to scan my body, as Atlas Corporation Technology is TOP SECRET and INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS if it was to fall in the wrong hands. Beryl Robots are all completely safe to be around water and high volumes of electricity, however, please help me be sure to avoid any large magnets, which could cause embarrassment and temporary inconvenience. I am THRILLED to get to know you and work along side my new friends to keep everyone safe from the Forces Grimm, exactly as intended!

But don't worry, I'm not programmed - exactly, as a being with Aura, I have my own mind and sentience, I am able to choose my own path in this world! However, I was inclined towards heroics, being gifted with a tremendously strong body, agile form and a friendly disposition, thanks to my upbringing! Encase you had any doubts, I will direct you to look no further than my weapon - each of the four Beryl Units deployed across Remnant designed their own Weapons based on what they felt would be most useful and, of course, fun, so I designed mine to function with the Atlas Corporation Long Range Energy Beam, encased in a massive sword to allow me to cleave Grimm in two at close range or far, all while being useful as a Surfboard in the event of an aquatic Grimm encounter or a simple relaxing day at the beach! My siblings, who are all very friendly, of course, but with less fashion sense, went for the more classical thin blades favored by Atlesian fighters historically, but that is OKAY, to each their own! You'll find though that my style is far more COOL than others! For example, these ears were also my design! While humans are the majority, Faunus should also be represented! They serve no function at all aside from picking up sounds, JUST like your ears!

Obviously, I am my own person! Naturally having Aura means I am, this is beyond doubt - but despite the insurances of my parents back in Atlas and the agreement of my siblings, I still worry! You see, I have no Semblance, and Semblances are the representation of a person's soul, more than Aura is! Grimm of course have neither, but does having an Aura but no Semblance really make me so different? The doubt gnaws at me, while my siblings seem happy to overlook it, saying that we will assuredly develop ours with time, after all, many humans and faunus never unlock their auras at all, and of those that do, many are unable to discover their Semblances. But I am not a human or faunus, despite my very fashionable ears, I am a Robot - can I truly be considered a person? I hope that you'll treat me as one, even if we don't know!

Thank YOU for this wonderful talk, and I look forward to seeing you around Beacon Academy and attending your lessons!

Beryl Stone - OUT!

quote:

Name: Beryl Stone
Heritage: Atlas (Robot)
Hair: Teal
Eyes: Blue-Red Cycle

Health 5+1=6
Aura 1+10=11
Capacity 4+1=5

STR: 2+1=3
AGI: 3
END: 5
PER: 1
DIS: 4

Melee Acc - 3+5=8 (Aggressive)
Range Acc - 3+5=8 (Heavy)

Semblance: Undiscovered

Weapon
Name- Kleinod Zweihander
Description- A (slightly collapsible) massive two-handed sword filled with Atlesian tech, the blade opens up to transform into an even larger energy cannon, firing straight-line blasts.

Mods & Dust
Mobility
Jetpack: Beryl can fly.
Reach
Giant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
After a long hard think, I think I've come up with the final list. Everyone was on the list at one point or another. But this is it, the final version.

Aurora Grendel - Yami Fenrir
Dawn Norr - Auraboks
Beryl Stone - Godfish
Rebecca Marengo - Bahamut
Rosalyn Brandt - Tardzilla
Perle Karmesin - Tricky

Well done to everyone, solid apps, really tough choices. The game will of course pick up on the discord Server.

• Locked thread