Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

sometimes artists need to molest children in order to feel something....anything

all right Roman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

all right Roman
geez I didn't say anything about preteens, that's disgusting

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

geez I didn't say anything about preteens, that's disgusting

Why is it that rear end in a top hat escape to france. What the gently caress france?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
*reading moderator handbook* I'm supposed to point out that, unlike roman polanski, woody allen is a pedophile, not an ephebophile

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

*reading moderator handbook* I'm supposed to point out that, unlike roman polanski, woody allen is a pedophile, not an ephebophile

you misquoted them both. Childfucker is the ecepted noimenclature

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Kuato posted:

I tried watching Annie Hall when I was younger and turned it off almost immediately. Maybe with age I will have come to appreciate it. It’s not on Netflix or prime so not gonna give it another shot anytime soon

Not surprised an idiot like you can’t focus on something more complicated than a teletubbies cartoon

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

His 70s comedies are great

Still doesn’t change that he’s a pedo

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The Front is a really good movie.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Internetjack posted:

My parents in their late 70's

I remember liking Sleeper as a kid, don't remember the story much.

He also did "What's Up Tiger Lily" which is not a typical Woody Allen film, and is totally awesome.

I like "What's Up Tiger Lily." I've only seen "Zelig" once, but I remember really liking it. He also did "Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sex But Were Afraid to Ask" which I also only saw once because I was/am a big fan of the book...but it turned out it's not like the book at all, so I didn't like that.

I read they made a "What to Expect When You're Expecting" movie, and I imagine that's pretty bad, too. Woody Allen had nothing to do with that, though, as far as I know.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
people who are pedophiles like him because he's a pedophile, that's about it OP

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Do it ironically posted:

people who are pedophiles like him because he's a pedophile, that's about it OP

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
People whose role models married their adopted daughter

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm still mad Annie Hall beat Star Wars for best picture

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

fakeaccount posted:

People whose role models married their adopted daughter

It's OK, he got a whole harem of adopted daughters to replace her

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 19, 2018

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Match Point and Blue Jasmine were good.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Woody Allen has been writing and directing a movie every year for 35 years. It's amazing and insane. Inevitably he rushes through a lot of movies that needed another draft or some reshoots but he won't even give his movies time to reach maturity. So the question is who is watching those Woody Allen movies? Who pays to see another movie every single year knowing it's probably going to be totally forgettable?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Woody Allen has been writing and directing a movie every year for 35 years. It's amazing and insane. Inevitably he rushes through a lot of movies that needed another draft or some reshoots but he won't even give his movies time to reach maturity. So the question is who is watching those Woody Allen movies? Who pays to see another movie every single year knowing it's probably going to be totally forgettable?

Hmm, so he likes an immature product, as it were

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Hmm, so he likes an immature product, as it were

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pelosi de Bundi posted:

whiny sensitive white guys with rimmed glasses who are depressed, that's who

What? I've never seen a Woody Allen movie in my life!

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Not surprised an idiot like you can’t focus on something more complicated than a teletubbies cartoon

What??? I didn’t write this. How am I quoting my own post?????? :confused:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Of the Woody Allen movies I've seen:

Bananas - great, hilarious
Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex - Uneven, but the segment parodying Antonioni and the one with Gene Wilder are brilliant
Sleeper - His best film, period. One of the best comedies ever made.
Love and Death - Great, right next to Sleeper for his best work.
Annie Hall - Alright, I don't see why it's a big deal
Interiors - Brilliant and depressing
Manhattan - Pretty, but kind of icky
Zelig - Pretty great and thankfully not that long to overdue the gimmick
Curse of the Jade Scorpion - poo poo
Midnight in Paris - poo poo except for Adrien Brody as Salvador Dali

Part of why I haven't seen much of his recent work, besides him being a pedo, has to do with whenever Allen doesn't star the lead is basically doing a loving terrible Allen impression.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

it's pretty stupid to say that watching one somehow means you're a pedophile. But it's also totally fair to not watch them specifically because you think he is one, or because of the other credible sex creep allegations against him. That's why I don't watch his movies, yet for whatever reason, I still see all the Bryan Singer x-men movies, and that guy is for sure 100% serial rapist. :shrug:

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I saw one once on a greyhound bus. Back when interstate buses would show movies.

It was whatever.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Doctor Dogballs posted:

it's pretty stupid to say that watching one somehow means you're a pedophile. But it's also totally fair to not watch them specifically because you think he is one, or because of the other credible sex creep allegations against him. That's why I don't watch his movies, yet for whatever reason, I still see all the Bryan Singer x-men movies, and that guy is for sure 100% serial rapist. :shrug:

It's kind of a scary fact that a large percentage of creative people are completely hosed up in the head. Show me a list of the greatest filmmakers and at least 90% of them have some sort of mania. If they're not wife-beaters or sex pests, they're junkies or alcoholics.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Egbert Souse posted:

It's kind of a scary fact that a large percentage of creative people are completely hosed up in the head. Show me a list of the greatest filmmakers and at least 90% of them have some sort of mania. If they're not wife-beaters or sex pests, they're junkies or alcoholics.

Nah, it's more a hosed up culture in Hollywood with lots of pervs and psychos in power plus an industry structure that emphasizes connections, patronage, and nepotism. People become assholes when they suddenly have no limits on their behavior along with a toxic culture and copious amounts of drugs

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Is that really surprising? If your head is bursting with thought, drink to put that poo poo down.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
some people just prefer shooting their creative juices straight up some kids heineken

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

For a sec I thought it said Woody Alien movies. Like Woody from toy story got face hugged and made a woody version of a xenomorph.

That sounds more interesting than Woody Allen's movies. I still don't know how he gets away with being a pedophile...oh wait yes I do he has tons of money and a bunch of hollywood friends to kiss his rear end and protect him.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Hollywood is absolutely full of pedophiles. Someone post that photo of Woody Allen hanging out with Jeffrey Epstein

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Pretentious fucksticks that think that they're 'in the arts' when in fact they're a waiter or some poo poo that have been in a few plays that have only sold tickets to friends and family of the cast.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Hollywood is absolutely full of pedophiles. Someone post that photo of Woody Allen hanging out with Jeffrey Epstein

It's true, Elijah Wood confirmed it. Thankfully his mom kept him from becoming a victim of it when he was a child star.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I need to see some scientific evidence that creative people are more likely to be crazy and/or druggies and alcoholics than non-creative people before I believe it. None of the burn-outs in my high school seemed very creative.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I scanned through a listing of his filmography and apparently not me.

edit: I'm surprised... I thought I would have caught at least one...

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Feb 19, 2018

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat
who watches Woody Allen movies? I'll tell you who watches Wood Allen movies :thumbsup:

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
One of my exes messaged me like a month after we broke up to tell me he got over me by watching a bunch of Woody Allen movies and drinking. So I guess a person like him.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Dennis System posted:

I need to see some scientific evidence that creative people are more likely to be crazy and/or druggies and alcoholics than non-creative people before I believe it. None of the burn-outs in my high school seemed very creative.

Hollywood people become druggies because they end up surrounded by druggies and lots of freely available drugs, and usually lose touch with any normal people outside of that orbit

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Hollywood people become druggies because they end up surrounded by druggies and lots of freely available drugs, and usually lose touch with any normal people outside of that orbit

They become druggies and drunks to cope with what they had to endure to become famous in the first place.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I just watched Match Point and it's not good

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

"Between good skill and good luck I'd choose luck every time" :britain:

*repeatedly makes the stupidest decision available*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Khazar-khum posted:

They become druggies and drunks to cope with what they had to endure to become famous in the first place.

Fame itself doesn't seem fun.

• Locked thread