Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Conot posted:

There's an advanced repair block which does that, but it's like level 20+

My old standby was to just rip the whole thing apart in Disassemble mode and chuck the blocks into the Factory to rebuild-from-template. The actual factory build only takes about ten seconds.
Still a lot of work, but easier than trying to figure out how to correctly replace destroyed blocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Lone Badger posted:

My biggest problem with SVs was getting the cockpit shot out. Glass isn't very tough, and more than one layer makes it almost impossible to see what you're doing.

:eng101:
Unless you are in 3rd person mode

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

:eng101:
Unless you are in 3rd person mode

Heresy!

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Ugh. Seems the devs randomly removed the Phoenix Tier5a prefab... Does anyone have a copy of the blueprint anywhere? I forgot to save a backup. Didn't think I'd need to.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Ambaire posted:

Ugh. Seems the devs randomly removed the Phoenix Tier5a prefab... Does anyone have a copy of the blueprint anywhere? I forgot to save a backup. Didn't think I'd need to.

See if this is good for you
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19B_Bh7-zxMoa5GM67l0uyzXtWHwUhIrI

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ambaire posted:

Why are you still using those prefabs? Get on the steam workshop and download a millennium falcon blueprint.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

No, sorry. I should have specified I meant the CV Tier 5a Phoenix blueprint. The modified version of this one, with the warp drive below the main deck. It seems it got removed a couple months ago and I didn't know since I haven't been playing it.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Rutibex posted:

Why are you still using those prefabs? Get on the steam workshop and download a millennium falcon chicken blueprint.

FTFY

I eventually gave up on prefabs and made 4 builds of my own. An L7 unlock, L10 and L20 plus a two seater basic L7 job for MP with a friend. That way I know what's in them and I won't get pissed off at all the pointless crap crammed in to pad the workshop description.

But since they still haven't fixed people logging out in a seat staying there, MP means everyone needs a ship anyway.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ratzap posted:

FTFY

I eventually gave up on prefabs and made 4 builds of my own. An L7 unlock, L10 and L20 plus a two seater basic L7 job for MP with a friend. That way I know what's in them and I won't get pissed off at all the pointless crap crammed in to pad the workshop description.

But since they still haven't fixed people logging out in a seat staying there, MP means everyone needs a ship anyway.

I always take the steam workshop ships into creative mode and clean them up/add more guns before I try to build them in the game. They are never quite right, and the nice looking ones tend to have poorly thought out interiors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

The Lone Badger posted:

My old standby was to just rip the whole thing apart in Disassemble mode and chuck the blocks into the Factory to rebuild-from-template. The actual factory build only takes about ten seconds.
Still a lot of work, but easier than trying to figure out how to correctly replace destroyed blocks.

Just do it fast and sloppy, it adds character.

Let me tell you about the Guy Fieri

S w a y z e fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 4, 2018

• Locked thread