Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I'm busy, and I'm having fun.
"It's over." "No. You have to post the DLC." "You're right. This is just the beginning..."

727. Vomitorium

728. Parasite Eveline

And that's it! We end the mines with a charge through enemy forces, followed by the most exciting enemy of all: a really big fat guy. Not really much to say there, except that fucker is fast. I did find out in another run that you can absolutely blow off its legs with a remote bomb, but good luck doing it on purpose.

Hope you stocked up at the item box before that fight, because that was the last one! After a bit of a spooky run back through the guesthouse, we fight Eveline herself! It's a big impressive spectacle but there's not really a lot of game to do there -- it's a damage race more than anything else.

Don't go anywhere! We've still got a ton of DLC to do, and it's ... well, it's not all good, but it's all interesting for sure. And I've got all the footage I need of the other ending, just need to piece it together still.

And I loving called it on Grandma being the final boss.

Level 1 Thief fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jun 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRIy4La-Vk0

As promised, here's the bad ending. A whopping three scenes show any difference at all, and it's just a bit more of a bummer than before. Ah well.

More importantly...

D01. Nightmare

The DLC begins! We begin by filling in the rest of the story everyone was clamoring for: What happened to Clancy? It's a complex, intriguing tale. It begins in the basement, where ... OK, there's not any story here. Clancy's asleep or something and he's dreaming of a survival mode, with craftable items, health upgrades and a slowly accumulating currency. It's actually pretty okay! Please enjoy me flailing around and trying to get my sea legs back.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

D02. Bedroom

Clancy's misadventures continue, as he attempts to leave despite being provided a snug bed and some delicious hot soup. Though really if they wanted him to stay that badly they could've just not set up all these puzzles. Perhaps it's just Eviline Corp. really wanted to be the next Umbrella so they hardcoded that poo poo into the virus.

Also, Marguerite's lipsync is totally busted in this one and I'm not sure why. It's the game, not the video.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

Okay, so, basically nobody watched the last video and I'm kinda sick of posting this. So let's speed things up. A lot.

D03. Ethan Must Die

Hey, what if we took RE7 and stuffed an almost impossible roguelike into it? That's pretty much what we have here. I don't even know if there's any decent strategy for it; the item drops are so spread out and so randomized that you're all but totally at its mercy. It's fun if you want to beat your head against something for a bit, but for me it didn't have much staying power.

D04. 21

Get prepared for a heavy dose of Lucas! Clancy's back for his final adventure before burning to death in an escape room and it's ... blackjack. One-suit blackjack. They tried their best to make it interesting but boy howdy does this one go on for too long.

D05. Daughters

This is more what I had been expecting out of the Banned Footage DLCs. We play as Zoe on the day that Eveline and Mia join the Baker family! It goes about as well as you might expect, though maybe a lot faster than you might expect.

D06. Jack's 55th Birthday

We finish up the Banned Footage with this silly little outing. Jack has worked himself up a healthy appetite and just because there are a bunch of Molded partying between him and the chicken in the fireplace is no excuse for you not to get it. Toss in some olde-timey music and you've got yourself a good little time.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
I'm really far behind but I appreciate you sticking with it :shobon: Shame the LP isn't getting the love it deserves

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

Thank you! It's ultimately my own fault for blowing the momentum I had going at the start. At this point I figure the best I can do is just get it all out there and move on. Take your time and I hope you enjoy the rest!

D07. Not a Hero, Part 1
D08. Not a Hero, Part 2
D09. Not a Hero, Part 3
D10. Not a Hero, Part 4
D11. Not a Hero, Part 5

As far as I'm concerned, Not a Hero is the best of the DLC by a long shot. Chris Redfield shows up at the salt mines to take down Lucas and finds himself mired in the usual sorts of poo poo he always does. This mode is a bit more action-heavy than the main game, with really solid new weapons and a really satisfying conditional punch attack. It all feels good, it's paced well, it ... doesn't exactly break new storytelling ground but it stays engaging. It's also no extra charge, so you really can't go wrong here.

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

I've been watching this LP from the start, and I just wanted to apologize for not actually posting anything in the thread. You've been doing a great job with the game and DLC, and if you plan on doing further LPs, well, I'd definitely check them out.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I'm atrocious at commenting on anything I'm watching, so no need to apologize. Thank you so much!

D12. End of Zoe, Part 1
D13. End of Zoe, Part 2
D14. End of Zoe, Part 3
D15. End of Zoe, Part 4
D16. End of Zoe, Part 5

In Which I Say "gently caress" A Lot

I didn't like End of Zoe much at all. A melee-focused expansion is potentially interesting, but the system is dead simple with a whopping two combos, with input latency through the roof. You have to finish enemies off with a QTE or a weapon, meaning fighting even two at once is a coinflip whether you can get anywhere, and three or more? Dead. The level design just makes one choke point after another and it quickly became apparent that I wasn't going to have fun here. It all comes down to how much you enjoy Yellin' Swamp Man and there just really wasn't enough there to make up for two hours of mushy punching.

Anyway, that's Resident Evil 7! Thank you to everyone who watched, everyone who's still watching, everyone who tried it and didn't like it ... basically if you gave it an honest shot, I greatly appreciate it!

I'm still deciding what exactly I'm gonna do next video-wise (I had some ideas, but they didn't work out) but I'm probably not gonna post it to SA, so make sure to check the YT channel, which I just renamed to LV1Thief. For here, I have an SSLP that I'm in the final stages of getting ready, so look for that soon!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
So I think our takeaway is "buy RE7 Gold, the DLC is overall, worth it, moreso if you like quick challenge titles".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

That's a good summary, yeah. Maybe avoid the card game one entirely.

• Locked thread