Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I figure people have fond memories koko as a kid. He was the sort of guy you could open a house show with to a huge pop to excite the crowd and beat a low card heel.

He did a dance, Frankie flapped his wings and everyone was in a good mood to start things off.

Can anyone say they felt the same when jj did his strut and waived the guitar around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

The American Dream posted:

I figure people have fond memories koko as a kid. He was the sort of guy you could open a house show with to a huge pop to excite the crowd and beat a low card heel.

He did a dance, Frankie flapped his wings and everyone was in a good mood to start things off.

Can anyone say they felt the same when jj did his strut and waived the guitar around?

Well he was a heel so that's kinda not the point.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I don't think Jeff ever worked face in WWE

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Aye Doc posted:

it's beautiful

i bet someone on tnamecca has the full thing

Aye Doc posted:

it's beautiful

i bet someone on tnamecca has the full thing

I've put up something on r/SquaredCircle asking for it but the thread got buried pretty much instantly. I'd like to ask TNAmecca but I think it was made invite-only recently. If it is then someone with direct access could ask them, ideally.

Also, while Archive.org hasn't been able to give me anything other than the website itself without the video I was able to find the video that GlobalForceGold sent out to everyone that signed up with them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDLZGSEZOmc

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

and now there's a nonzero chance gail kim gets in the hall of fame

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

bartok posted:

Koko B. Ware sang Piledriver, had a parrot, and did a sick missile dropkick where he landed on his feet. Which makes him more entertaining than Jeff Jarrett ever was.

Adding to this, he was one of the better parts of "If You Only Knew."

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I know there's examples of wrestlers who've had bad blood with the company and gone into the HOF, wrestlers who never did poo poo in WWE who got in and wrestlers with serious substance abuse and personal life issues who have got in but I think this might be a first where one guy has all three at once.

This would be like finding out they were inducting Raven.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vertical Lime posted:

I half expect a Gail Kim NXT match within the next year.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Koko won a whole bunch of fake titles outside WWF too, like Jarrett.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
[quote="“Karmine”" post="“481439217”"]
Well he was a heel so that’s kinda not the point.
[/quote]

As someone that was defending JJ as an ok mid carder in the wcw thread this weekend. I don’t recall ever feeling any emotion towards JJ in his pre wcw Russo career.

It sounds like the general conscious is no one felt that either.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The American Dream posted:

As someone that was defending JJ as an ok mid carder in the wcw thread this weekend. I don’t recall ever feeling any emotion towards JJ in his pre wcw Russo career.

It sounds like the general conscious is no one felt that either.

He had a ton of heat during his misogynist run in WWE.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I hope we get new Slapnuts merch

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Assuming he's sober, I would like to see Jeff back on TV in a non-wrestling role

I would like to see him in a wrestling role if he is defeating either Roman or Undertaker

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Jarrett somehow conning TNA into rehiring him and rebranding as GFW without ever actually giving them the rights to the name is hall of fame worthy on its own

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Midnightghoul posted:

Assuming he's sober, I would like to see Jeff back on TV in a non-wrestling role

Please god no.

John Dudebro posted:

Jarrett somehow conning TNA into rehiring him and rebranding as GFW without ever actually giving them the rights to the name is hall of fame worthy on its own

Him losing out on a ton of money definitely is hall of fame worthy.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Midnightghoul posted:

Only if he's Braun's Pete Rose

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Vertical Lime posted:

They need to hurry up and purchase TNA so Hermie Sadler can get in too in the Celebrity Wing

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
MRT you need to do a breaking news MonPod imo

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

I hope this ends with Jeff leaving and them announcing that Road Dogg was the REAL founder of TNA all along

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Congratulations to WWE on Joining The Force #JoinTheForce

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

fart blood posted:

So Hogan came back, and Warrior, and Bruno, and Luger, and now Jarrett.

....CM Punk is so returning in ten years.

Luger???

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
If you treated Wrestling as a shoot Jeff Jarrett is a star on par with HHH. He's beaten former Olympians, has an undefeated MMA streak and has held more nationally recognised titles than the vast majority of wrestlers.

And if you treat it as a work he's a budget HHH.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think that's a bit of an oversimplification

Yeah. It'd only be extortion if the head writer buddy managed to string things out to after your contract end date and then both jump to your rival simultaneously.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think that's a bit of an oversimplification

Jeff wanted his payday for the match that day, no six months down the road when everyone else got paid. Don't see the problem with that

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

Jeff wanted his payday for the match that day, no six months down the road when everyone else got paid. Don't see the problem with that

His story that he only wanted his PPV money up front is BS. He got a lot more than that. His back PPV money did not amount to six figures.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/RichHomieJuice/status/965659234460422144

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MassRafTer posted:

His story that he only wanted his PPV money up front is BS. He got a lot more than that. His back PPV money did not amount to six figures.

Still, good on him for milking that company for all he could

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Davros1 posted:

Still, good on him for milking that company for all he could

Ain't he great?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Apparently he used that money to make TNA so I cannot decide if it was a good decision or not

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Karmine posted:

When did this happen

Also, yeah Jeff Jarrett is a weird doofus with kind of a bullshit career but to act as if he has less legitimacy than Koko B. Ware is asinine.

Luger hasn't come back in the same capacity as the others, but he's on good terms with them again and has been interviewed for various documentaries. That's good enough for me.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Maybe WWE starts promoting Global Force Gold now?

just thinking out loud

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

fart blood posted:

Luger hasn't come back in the same capacity as the others, but he's on good terms with them again and has been interviewed for various documentaries. That's good enough for me.

Isn't Luger the head of wellness?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Isn't Luger the head of wellness?

I have no idea. If so, good for him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Apparently he used that money to make TNA so I cannot decide if it was a good decision or not

That money wasn't nearly enough to start TNA.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

That money wasn't nearly enough to start TNA.

Yeah, he needed money from Jerry, HealthSouth, a money mark a car dealership, and others

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

Yeah, he needed money from Jerry, HealthSouth, a money mark a car dealership, and others

Jeff stated he was putting up a million in the initial planning stages.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Man I really feel for Goldberg, bumped from headlining the HOF Class for Jeff Jarrett

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I'm a huge Jarrett mark awful person so this news is great for me.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Midnightghoul posted:

MassRafTer posted:

Please god no.

JJ to replace Daniel Bryan on Smackdown!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I want Jeff Jarrett to show up at Wrestlemania and then Samoa Joe and AJ Styles see him and run away screaming.

The Raw after Mania we see them paddling a canoe towards Mexico.

• Locked thread