Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Russo has a pattern of killing people?

the louder the protests the better chance Russo did exactly what he's claiming he didn't do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Jeff Jarrett deserves to be in the HOF just for that MMA Challenge storyline in TNA when he went to a dojo and was tapping out 8 year olds with lovely armbars.

Hinoarashi
Mar 28, 2010

grack posted:

Jeff Jarrett deserves to be in the HOF just for that MMA Challenge storyline in TNA when he went to a dojo and was tapping out 8 year olds with lovely armbars.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

No but in a just world Vince McMahon would be in prison for Owen Hart's death.

In a just world Vince would be struggling to pay the mortgage on his ex-wife's house while living in a shoebox apartment over a bar, trying to keep his Used Car Dealership afloat.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

MassRafTer posted:

No but in a just world Vince McMahon would be in prison for Owen Hart's death.

Don't be ridiculous.

In a just world he'd be in prison for steroid distribution.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Don't be ridiculous.

In a just world he'd be in prison for steroid distribution.

Or rape.

So I read, anyways. He probably did that poo poo, though.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A fabulous piece of doubling down on the Ziggler WWE contract story from last week by Justin Barrasso:

https://twitter.com/TheFrayMovement/status/966383065181380608

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

... is Justin Barrasso actually Dolph Ziggler in disguise? :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

rovert posted:

A fabulous piece of doubling down on the Ziggler WWE contract story from last week by Justin Barrasso:

https://twitter.com/TheFrayMovement/status/966383065181380608

Man, I'm the one Dolph Ziggler fan on the forums and even I'm laughing at the "would have five star matches with Okada" bit

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Rarity posted:

Man, I'm the one Dolph Ziggler fan on the forums and even I'm laughing at the "would have five star matches with Okada" bit

To be (entirely too) fair, the answer to "Could Okada get a ***** match out of __________________?" is usually "yeah, probably" but that's because Okada is a fuckin pro-wrestling prodigy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SatansOnion posted:

To be (entirely too) fair, the answer to "Could Okada get a ***** match out of __________________?" is usually "yeah, probably" but that's because Okada is a fuckin pro-wrestling prodigy

I don't doubt that Okada/Ziggler could have a 5* match, I doubt that NJPW would ever push Ziggler to a match with Okada :v:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I think I'd rather Billy Gunn than Ziggler if I were njpw.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sure Dolph probably could get 5 star matches but than he'd have to work with Suzuki and I doubt Suzuki would take too kindly to Dolph's selling

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Sure Dolph probably could get 5 star matches but than he'd have to work with Suzuki and I doubt Suzuki would take too kindly to Dolph's selling

Now I'm actually sad that Ziggler won't go to New Japan because him get murdered by Suzuki sounds very promising.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Jarrett was incredibly over as a heel in TNA during it's only watchable years as a company.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Rarity posted:

I also like Dolph :colbert:

but holy poo poo he's 37 now?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Hey man, I'm just glad that after all the crazy booking they've done to Dolph and how every opportunity he had got wrecked through every fault of his own because he pissed off people backstage or whatever, he's taking the company for every dime he can because they don't want him going to the competition. I'll enjoy his HoF entry in like 15-20 years when he's the Jarrett of that class.

I don't know about all-time classics with Okada, but I do agree he'd fit right in with the Bullet Club and he has a look and style that seems like it'd get very over with the NJPW fanbase. Still, I doubt he'd make more money elsewhere, and if he wants to make plans for his post-WWE career he has way more opportunities to do that in America.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NowonSA posted:

Hey man, I'm just glad that after all the crazy booking they've done to Dolph and how every opportunity he had got wrecked through every fault of his own because he pissed off people backstage or whatever, he's taking the company for every dime he can because they don't want him going to the competition. I'll enjoy his HoF entry in like 15-20 years when he's the Jarrett of that class.

I don't know about all-time classics with Okada, but I do agree he'd fit right in with the Bullet Club and he has a look and style that seems like it'd get very over with the NJPW fanbase. Still, I doubt he'd make more money elsewhere, and if he wants to make plans for his post-WWE career he has way more opportunities to do that in America.

He's not actually getting $1.5 MM as a downside.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also he was never going anywhere.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"could have five star matches with Okada" is such an incredible line that i'm almost positive Ziggler leaked that to SI himself

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

MassRafTer posted:

He's not actually getting $1.5 MM as a downside.

Ah, well I trust just about all scoops so that's just where I'm coming from.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I also don't think Dolph would get over in New Japan as is nor would be willing to put in the work Cody did to get over on the Indies.

Him taking the WWE for large money is good though ( he's not getting 1.5 million of course)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the only prowrestling company that can match WWE's money is Bellator and I don't think Ziggler is carny enough for that scene.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dolph doesn't have a name to pretend he can't use to get support from WWE haters with.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The only thing I know about Jeff Jarrett is that pretty much every wrestling podcast I've ever listened to went into the thing hating him and came out the other end of their reviews loving him. Also he fleeced Vince once and guitars are cool as weapons and he beat up children in TNA. Also apparently he's hilariously good at tricking people into paying him fortunes despite always failing at everything he's ever done, which based on comparable contemporaries in American life not only qualifies him to be in the WWE Hall of Fame, but also President of the United States.

Choke on that, Slap Nuts!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sanguinia posted:

The only thing I know about Jeff Jarrett is that pretty much every wrestling podcast I've ever listened to went into the thing hating him and came out the other end of their reviews loving him. Also he fleeced Vince once and guitars are cool as weapons and he beat up children in TNA. Also apparently he's hilariously good at tricking people into paying him fortunes despite always failing at everything he's ever done, which based on comparable contemporaries in American life not only qualifies him to be in the WWE Hall of Fame, but also President of the United States.

He's really bad at tricking people into paying him fortunes and once voluntarily negotiated his WCW contract down while the company was having money problems. Lost his gig in WWA to a guy who never signed with the company, lost his second gig with Zero One due to being a prima donna, lost his own company TWICE, and it goes on.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

He's really bad at tricking people into paying him fortunes and once voluntarily negotiated his WCW contract down while the company was having money problems. Lost his gig in WWA to a guy who never signed with the company, lost his second gig with Zero One due to being a prima donna, lost his own company TWICE, and it goes on.

Got drunk and almost fell down stairs while throwing tortillas in the faces of Mexicans...

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

Got drunk and almost fell down stairs while throwing tortillas in the faces of Mexicans...

I was going to make a "MRT already mentioned the second time Jarrett lost the company" joke, then decided it was funnier to imagine this happening a second time at a different location.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

exploded mummy posted:

Please don't spoil his HOF entrance

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Claytor posted:

I was going to make a "MRT already mentioned the second time Jarrett lost the company" joke, then decided it was funnier to imagine this happening a second time at a different location.

Nah he got fired because he got drunk, missed shows, and claimed the Mounties were after him.

The AAA stuff was just bonus jackassery

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Sanguinia posted:

guitars loving suck as weapons

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

guitars loving suck as weapons
Jake Roberts disagrees!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

Nah he got fired because he got drunk, missed shows, and claimed the Mounties were after him.

As a Canadian, I can tell you that Mounties really don't give this much of a poo poo.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

grack posted:

As a Canadian, I can tell you that Mounties really don't give this much of a poo poo.

Yeah he was lying about the Mounties as a way to get off the show.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

maybe Jacques Rougeau was pissed at him

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it was actually a hotel valet trying to get his tip. Alcoholic delirium is a motherfucker

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Jeff Jarrett's biggest asset was his hair.
Then it got cut off.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

Yeah he was lying about the Mounties as a way to get off the show.

Oh I know. I just find it amusing that someone would try and claim the Mounties or the Canadian Border Service was somehow out to "get" them.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

grack posted:

Are you saying Rocky and Bullwinkle lied to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Do you think Bam Bam Bigelow is getting in as the dead guy this year? I was surprised to find out he wasn't already in.

• Locked thread