Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you like the Gauntlet Match?
This poll is closed.
Yes, it was great. 24 30.38%
No, it was dumb. 4 5.06%
Not at first, but eventually! 15 18.99%
THE BIG DOG! 36 45.57%
Total: 79 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rovert posted:

Wade's podcast summary:

Painfully accurate. Road Dogg : HHH :: Kevin Dunn : Vince

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Hope to see someone getting into The ring by going over the top rope this sunday

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Aphrodite posted:

Did they make Braun say Ultimate Thrill Ride?

He could easily say that. Because he'd then destroy someone. That goes a long way towards wrestling fans forgetting the little bad things.

dromal phrenia posted:

Honestly I'm not sure anyone could deliver certain scripts they've dumped onto wrestlers. Roman's Tater Tots and Magic Beans bullshit would sound pathetic no matter who said it, although some wrestlers are beloved enough to do it without being mocked. The promo itself would be idiotic regardless. The "Bayley: This is Your Life!" segment was brought up, and that was handed to their best woman talker and it bombed. Who is their best talker for the men, Miz? That would have been poo poo even from the Miz. Although the Miz is minimally scripted supposedly, so I guess that point is moot.

If Roman is a roiding main-eventer, I am even more annoyed that he can't lift people. Roid Boyz should at least be able to pick a guy up!

Even beyond the material, I think it was doomed to fail because the Audience still liked Bayley, and watching the company destroy her character in real time isn't fun.

DLC Inc posted:

if you'd told me a year or two ago that Braun Strowman would be the most over of the Wyatts I'd have laughed

2 years ago, after Brock hilariously clowned the guy.

Kawalimus posted:

WWE's style of "ramble for 10 minutes with long pauses every other sentence" is hard to do anything with. Its not usually the fault of the performers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4lK41SX-Q 2:27

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Vince knows that if Road Dogg writes a bunch of segments for Rusev and Shinsuke, he’ll kill their heat completely. So he’s barred from putting them on TV. This is the only thing I can think of that makes any sense

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Put Road Dogg into a box. Not, like, to ship him anywhere I'm more imagining a Prince Jangheon situation.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Have Mick Foley and Terry Funk come to Smackdown, stuff Road Dogg into a dumpster, and push that dumpster off a cliff.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Road Dogg is literally gonna be HHH's Kevin Dunn lol

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Bray Wyatt wrestles Road Dogg in an empty arena match for control of SD's booking.

Bray wins, and vanishes in a cackling crowd of hellfire, never to be seen on-screen again.

Win/win.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown used to be really, really good.

:smith:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I miss saying that I’m looking forward to Smackdown Live tonight friends every Tuesday morning as a nice little shitpost to bookmark the weekly thread

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Ryan Ward is the new Gewirtz.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Remember last year when we wanted AJ to stay on Smackdown?

Free AJ, send him to Raw

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Buddy Murphy might be a little good

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/966173887976431618

Mustafa Ali won't have a long career

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/966180066949558272

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/966180772834107392

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/966181479125536768

Nice finish tho

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/966183187041980416

I like how they put 2 of their top 3 guys in the 1st round of the tourney

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I want lots of vignettes of Buddy Murphy running wearing plastic bags and vomiting to make weight

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I've been saying that Buddy Murphy rules for years now and finally I can feel vindicated. No idea why he cut up his shorts though. Hell of a finisher he's been keeping under wraps too.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
who's been booking RAW because it's been good the last month or so

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

who's been booking RAW because it's been good the last month or so

vince mcmahon

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

He should move to SmackDown

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Feels Villeneuve posted:

agreed, road dogg is ready to book raw

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

they are getting rid of the brand split pretty much so this will probably be happening ! ! !

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

When Vince dies throw Road Dogg into his tomb

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

Buddy's debut was pretty good if his moveset and aesthetic is painfully late 90s/early 00s like.

https://twitter.com/WWEMaverick/status/966157216444162048

what is a mark andrews and why did it beat Akria Tozawa

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mark Andrews is a tiny flippy man.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Mark Andrews is basically a Junior Cruiserweight.

bartok
May 10, 2006

It's great how how Smackdown is having Shinsuke appear on TV and is in a small feud going into the PPV before WM so they can show off why he deserved to win the Rumble and to challenge for the World Title. Hell they even set up the little feud by having Orton RKO Shinsuke from outta nowhere a few weeks ago. A win against a multiple time world champion would do wonders going into Wrestlemania it's just common sense. So that is why they booked Bobby Roode to face Randy Orton at Fastlane because it's just good booking.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
It seems to me like you could pretty easily add a decent match to Fastlane by having Nakamura put his Mania title match on the line but I'm not the one booking Smackdown. :shrug:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you think about it. Road dog is going to be triple h's Kevin Dunn and triple h is going to be his father Dennis Dunn.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You'd think that rusev or shinsuke or somebody wpuld realize that the only possible way they will ever have success again is to attack the road dogg, to crush his tired bones, and to send him back to whatever crackhouse he lives in so that he cannot ruin everyone's life anymore.

Sin Cara fights everybody backstage. Take one for the team, imo.

bartok
May 10, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Sin Cara fights everybody backstage. Take one for the team, imo.

Now I am sad about Sin Cara's aborted push. I'm pretty neutral on Sin Cara but that one Smackdown where he goes ape poo poo on Baron Corbin for trying to remove his mask made me a fan until he easily lost to Corbin in the rematch and fell off the face of the Earth.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I remember thinking boy, Sin Cara re-signed, I hope they don't push him for a month and then just forget him.

Didn't even make it that far.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBwi0Qydal4

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

This is the greatest wrestling music video I have ever seen.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Smackdown seems to have a complete shift in creative direction every week.

The belt they consider to be most important switches on a show by show basis and fueds just sort of appear and disappear with no explanation.

It feels as if it's booked like they are afraid that pretty much anyone on the roster could just leave the company at the drop of a hat.

bartok
May 10, 2006

You can take the Road Dogg out of TNA but you can't take the TNA out of the Road Dogg.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Folks, we just gotta wait for the XFL to start. Things will definitely get better then.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Two years is too long to wait :saddowns:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

quote:

The 107 minute gauntlet match proved to be a major ratings success on Monday night with 3.27 million viewers going against the Olympics.

The first hour, where Seth Rollins faced the two most pushed full-time stars in the company, Roman Reigns and John Cena, was up 7.2 percent from the same hour the week before. However, the continuation of the gauntlet, involving Rollins, Elias, Finn Balor, The Miz, and Braun Strowman maintained the audience better than usual, and was up 9.1 percent from the second hour the prior week.

The key in evaluating was both how well the first hour did, which was far above what it would have been expected to do, as well as how well hour two, after the two big matches, maintained, which was also far better than it would have been expected to do.

It was a huge victory for proponents of long matches on television and also likely shocked a lot of people.

The show fell hard, losing 20 percent of the audience after the second hour, which is one of the largest second-to-third hour drops on record. But that was to be expected.

The Olympic coverage on NBC did 16.36 million viewers, down from 20.30 million viewers the previous week, so that should have slightly helped Raw. Raw was overall up 5.5 percent from the prior week.

Raw was easily the highest rated show on cable, with Rachel Maddow on MSNBC in second at 2.98 million viewers. It also beat Fox network programming but Fox ran all repeats.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.52 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.51 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.82 million viewers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So the solution is clear, make Raw 2 hours, remove opening 20 minute promos, have great wrestlers wrestle. NO MCMAHONS.

• Locked thread