Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you like the Gauntlet Match?
This poll is closed.
Yes, it was great. 24 30.38%
No, it was dumb. 4 5.06%
Not at first, but eventually! 15 18.99%
THE BIG DOG! 36 45.57%
Total: 79 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Frankston posted:

Lol, competition for what? Is Disney starting a football league too?
You joke, but Disney owns ESPN which owns rights for lots of college football, directly owns multiple bowl games, as well as the college football playoff, and also airs some NFL games. So yeah, Disney is actually a competitor in the football space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Stale Saltines posted:

There's been a few stories about Fox being interested in buying WWE since the UFC probably is going to leave them when their contract is up at the end of the year. Could just be a TV deal though since WWE's contract with USA is also up at the end of the year. I'm taking the co-branded PPVs as a sign that they are done with USA since they were the ones who pushed for the brand split in the first place.

I doubt anyone will buy the company outright anytime soon, though with how many cases I've seen lately of big companies buying other big companies never say never, but I do wonder where WWE will go if they leave USA. Funnily enough the shift to PG programming seems like one of the standard broadcast channels like Fox could pick them up, or I know I'd personally get a kick out of them going to the CW and basically being under another incarnation of UPN.

Mostly I'll enjoy watching them either stay on USA, make a lateral move to a similar scale cable channel, or make what I'd perceive as a positive step to a non-cable network, while TNA has laughably fallen down the cable channel ladder and hit every rung along the way.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBwi0Qydal4

Reposting this from a few pages ago, they need to replace BRAUN's entrance music with this ASAP.

We Got Us A Bread fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 22, 2018

Benign
Oct 20, 2008

And I Quote!
My favourite part about buddymurphy coming back is that he kept his dubstep entrance music and that weird ripped shorts gear.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Buddymurphy combined his names into one name so that WWE CEO The Road Dogg Jesse James would not steal one of them away

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
ah the post-show down period in the thread. good for real postin' hours. lets you talk about different things.

like al snow, i really love al snow. did when i was a kid, still do. he had that rare combination of "pretty good worker" and "acting chops to the level of a drat good local theater actor" that made him actually very compelling to watch. what do you like about al snow?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

shiksa posted:

ah the post-show down period in the thread. good for real postin' hours. lets you talk about different things.

like al snow, i really love al snow. did when i was a kid, still do. he had that rare combination of "pretty good worker" and "acting chops to the level of a drat good local theater actor" that made him actually very compelling to watch. what do you like about al snow?

He was good in SMW

Svensken
May 29, 2010

Martinpale posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBwi0Qydal4

Reposting this from a few pages ago, they need to replace BRAUN's entrance music with this ASAP.

SHould be posted on every page imo

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

shiksa posted:

His theme in ECW was "Breathe" by The Prodigy, that was cool.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The crowd chanting "Head" along to the beat of Breathe made for a neat entrance

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Al Snow's run as European Champion was pretty fun

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/CFOSofficial/status/966729066857553921

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/STRIGGA/status/966733941481799680

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Always makes me think of Ben Murphy

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DarkstarIV posted:

It was posted in the Women's Wrestling thread, but may as well cross post it here. From the latest Observer:

I mean I don't think it would hurt her chances (if she was in the WOH tournament), and WWE did discover she had a heart condition. That being said, MVP also had a heart condition that supposedly kept WWE from signing him at one point? I imagine if she decides to take medication (if its treatable) to take care of it/suppress it, they'll sign her. I don't think she has many neck issues right now, considering she's posted several tweets and pictures on her blog of her doing neck bridges (sometimes to absurd levels, like having HZK and Momo sitting on her while doing them), so we'll see.

No, MVP's heart condition was discovered during a routine physical exam. Neither he nor WWE were aware of at the time. In fact, MVP credits the WWE for saving his life.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

OctoberCountry posted:

Punished Rusev: A Buried Legend

*growling* Roadface...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OctoberCountry posted:

Punished Rusev: A Buried Legend

Rusev replaced by doppelgänger confirmed.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

shiksa posted:

I'm sure Hulkamatt would agree but my favorite moment was the tag he did at King of Trios 2009

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wow. It took me a really long time to be able to tell Elias and Rollins apart and figure out who the second one was. Balor and Braun threw me for a moment too.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 23, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The Miz and 6 bland handsome men with beards.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1930434/

Al Snow is great. As is Al Snow's movie.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

...and he's still not fuckin over.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gonzo McFee posted:

...and he's still not fuckin over.
I don't know he gets the loudest reactions for his matches

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Not sure how true this is, but if so, Bray Wyatt is a bad person.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news..._medium=twitter

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

STAC Goat posted:

Wow. It took me a really long time to be able to tell Elias and Rollins apart and figure out who the second one was. Balor and Braun threw me for a moment too.

I saw a ton of people on Tumblr posting the 60s Spiderman meme where two spidermen were pointing at each other when Rollins and Elias were in the ring on Monday.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

$177,000/year in spousal and child support? drat...

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

The Daily fuckin Mail?

They'd have to pick a source less reliable than wrestleforum5000

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Like shin aint used to that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Not surprised

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Wow the WWE main event scene is white as gently caress.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

Wow the WWE main event scene is white as gently caress.

Hey now Bayley and Sasha Banks aren't white and there's some posters who are mad as hell about that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Also Seth's Hispanic (yes really), Roman's obviously Samoan what with family ties to Rock and the Usos

edit: my bad, apparently he's Armenian (arguably still not "white" though)

quote:

"No, I'm half Armenian and half German and Irish. My biological dad was Armenian. My last name is Lopez and I have a darker complexion, which throws people for a loop. My mother's first husband is Mexican. That's where I got Lopez. I grew up eating Mexican food at home, but he was very American. He didn't grow up in Mexico or speak Spanish."

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 23, 2018

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Also Seth's Armenian (yes really), Roman's Samoan

Yes unfortunately Seth is.....well poo poo nevermind which makes him shacking up with his wannabe Nazi gf all the more MORE weird and sad.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Meanwhile, across the Pacific, Hiromu really, really has to restrain himself to not tweet about this.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jiro posted:

Yes unfortunately Seth is.....well poo poo nevermind which makes him shacking up with his wannabe Nazi gf all the more MORE weird and sad.

crazy is the best pussy

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Samoa Joe would absolutely be in the Chamber if he was healthy, too.

I dunno, for how completely lovely they are, WWE earned a little bit of PoC credit with me by putting over two Japanese people at the second biggest PPV of the year to give them both marquee matches at the actual biggest PPV of the year.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Also Braun is Monster-American.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
WWE has gotten better about pushing POC but reminder that New Day were basically asked to do a minstrel gimmick before they fought hard to do what they do now.

It'd be awesome if Big E became a main eventer, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jiro posted:

Seth's also half Armenian, isn't he?

• Locked thread