Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Let me break it down for you

quote:

The accusation here is that someone who is informed on info from their scum buddies would come to the thread, and post their knowledge of it. Why would that ever happen?

It seems like he is asking why any scum would ever post scum information in thread. As in, he has never seen it happen why would they do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Scum have been caught by sharing info that could only be obtained by having inside information.

That may or may not be what's happening here, but it's something I keep in mind.

Like it seems I'm not the only one who read what fiddy said that way.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Thirding this, Lumpen.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Lando131 posted:

I'm actually a little annoyed Quid hasn't had very much to say about almost having been shot, and if the claim behind it didn't make it unlikely he's scum I'd be questioning his lack of engagement after showing his presence.

Oddly enough, Quid appeared 1 minute after you posted this.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

Lando: Im posting on my phone at work because you guys are all active during this time for me. Sorry for lack of engagement

VF is always on the first like, 3 posts of the game. Or do you mean that one is hard for you to see?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Atomic Soda posted:

i thought he was saying he's never seen a scum slip that was due to discussion about a previous game before specifically

re: the lando stuff he was responding to this post by tolly:

50 has also expressed suspicion of the lando case so i'm not sure i agree with your read, will let 50 clarify tho.

Wouldn't be the first time I misunderstood fiddy in my mafia history.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tolly Totes posted:

This gets a bit confusing because my first sentence here was a run on, but he's saying he doesn't buy the idea that it'd be unusual for a player to read a game they weren't in. He doesn't buy the case against Lando, not the defence by Lando.

OH THAT MAKES MORE SENSE.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

Have you tried goon discords? The only good ones I've found are: bloodbowl, dominions and the wow one I run.

Everything else is trash

Bloodbowl has a discord? Is it for the PC game or tabletop?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tolly Totes posted:

On the town side, maybe he's flippant about how he comes off?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

I care more about posting content than I do how I come off. As long as I interact with people and drop my calls on paper, I'll consider it a well played game.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tolly Totes posted:

I'm really sure what to make about DKG almost aggressively misreading most of the things he's quoting. I know I don't like it, but I'm not sure what it means alignment wise.

D G K, btw. Common misconception, you aren't the only one making the mistake. A mafia player once blocked me in an ongoing game because I angered him.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tolly Totes posted:

Do you care more about posting than you do reading?

No. I'm posting replies as I read the thread.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tolly Totes posted:

Right, but an important part of this game is figuring out where other people stand, their motivations and alignment. Shouldn't you be making a better effort to understand what you're posting about before you dive in? Like in your description of what you consider to be a good game, you don't actually mention reading people and figuring things out:

As long as I interact with people and drop my calls on paper

The bolded part is motivations and alignment and reads. I'm actually super excited that this game has been so active over the weekend. I can't really finalize opinions until tomorrow, when I assume the absentee players will be around. Right now, I'm giving off the cuff play by play of what's going through my head. I do have ADHD so maybe that's not helping?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

PC but some guys talk about TT as well. Now days with all of BB2s updates they are functionality similar minus the occasional bug. I haven't played in a couple of months though. My GoonBowl run was loving awful (played Pact and my level 3 mino died a game before the play offs) but they are running an rsl atm. Do you want a link when I get hone?

Yes please.

b-minus1 posted:

we're talking about 50 pounds though. he's full of poo poo regardless of alignment

That's true.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

50 pounds of bread posted:

Oh my god.

There's two of them.

I just hope they aren't TheRam 2.0

Dancer posted:

Btw, can someone clarify for me, in vanilla mafia terms, what dayvig and brutal cop are? My current understanding is, a dayvig is someone who can kill someone at some point during the day (presumably one time only). Presumably town-alligned, but could be other allignments too. Brutal cop is the same, except it doesn't kill town-alligned people? So in the case of Quid having some sort of protection, we don't know the difference, but otherwise MMT is brutal cop.

Is there precedent for there being a role that can do a 100% harmless "day kill" for a gambit or sth?

Dayvig shoots anyone and they die, usually. Brutal Cop kills anyone not town. I just don't think I've ever seen a day one. Anyways, DBD posted There may be a few experimental roles, as always with my games in his OP so I don't really think we've learned anything about Quid for sure. However, I'll take it as tentatively confirming MMT because I can't really think of any reason it wouldn't. I think scum having something like that would be too unbalanced.

merk posted:

DGK has a lot of posts, but I have no idea what he thinks about anything. That seems bad.

I'm not entirely sure how, other than you pretty much saying you didn't read the thread and just searched your name not being a joke. But in honor of Lumpen and his clone, I'll put together an effortlist when Im not too busy today.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

Weird vote on AA with mischaracterizations of posts to try to make the vote look legitimate.
Weird vote on Lando. Forgot about AA I guess?
Weird vote on merk without remorse or recalculation when it's made clear that this vote made no sense.
Lots of banter that looks irrelevant.

That's my read of your game, buddo.

1. Lumpen and MMT had the same sort of feeling I did in the beginning of AA. I cooled on AA after we went back and forth, and he posted more and more. I find him feeling town.

2. Lando seemed like a scumslip, as I said. After the explanation, I dropped it. I'm not convinced either way, and feel Neutral.

3. It was clarified, and I stated my vote on you no longer meant anything.

You're very clearly misrepresenting what happened, and it seems like you are literally just skimming the game.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

What exactly did I misrepresent?

quote:

Weird vote on AA with mischaracterizations of posts to try to make the vote look legitimate.
Weird vote on Lando. Forgot about AA I guess?
Weird vote on merk without remorse or recalculation when it's made clear that this vote made no sense.

Wasn't mischaracterizing anything.
I literally said why.
Also literally said why, and flat out told you my vote on you was meaningless after clarifications.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

Me: did you read my cases?
Merk: no

This is literally scum merk, btw.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Dead Cow posted:

There's an awful lot of people who aren't around still, for a game that can no longer have B-b-but my weekends as an excuse.

Shut up and make a loving case or something. You're being less than useful.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

You're still voting me. If the vote is """""""moot""""""""", then unvote and vote someone else?

Working on that thing I said earlier, and you aren't in danger of being lynched so

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

DON'T YELL AT A DEAD COW WHILE YOU'RE RIDING A MOOT VOTE

This is loving hilarious coming from you, Mr. I don't read the thread. Mr. I classically tunnel on Dead Cow in every game.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

It's a joke, friend. I'm glad you find it hilarious.

ugh I thought the T was bolded too my bad.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam Town

The moment he realized jokephase was over, he wanted to look at the serious players.
Wanted to take a serious look at Lumpen and Me at a point in the game where I think combined posted in the thread totaled, like, 40.
Defended himself like I think a townie would.
Put forth a case that I think is actually decent on Snail.

Lumpen SCUM

"Confirmin' totally Town, amigos!" He never forgets to capitalize both T's as town.
Says he didn't see any posts that strike him as scummy, calls out Tolly for a vote.
Claims to have been affected on N0, doesn't share what it was in any way other than it affects his posting.
Advocating for RF to claim.

Lando Town

I was quick to think scumslip, then learned more.
Seems genuinely interested in peoples opinions.
Mostly gut, but seems to be reacting pretty town.

Fiddy SCUM

Low content.
Most of his content is flavor arguments.
Stuck on a miller idea for no good reason.
Thinks AA and I were bussing each other?

KB Not really sure.
Low posts, gets called out a lot so far.

RF Scummy

Not really a whole lot here, but I expect more content from town Opop.

Tobbs Scummy

P.much claimed rolecop
Said he'd vote for... lurkers pretty much. Doesn't seem to have many reads.

Merk Scummy

Seems to be mostly skimming

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

I see I should have refreshed before hitting post.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

My Ctrl-F thing was a joke. I am not skimming at all.

I actually like your gridlocked claim, he's been under my radar. Rolefishing the gently caress out of the brutal cop is unneeded, imo.

##vote Gridlocked

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

Point 4 is the strongest thing so far about why Lumpen might be scum. This was after RF clarified everything that I think anyone wanted to know about the flavor issue. This does look like fake content, unless he just missed the post that RF quotes for him later in the page.

Points 1, 2 and 3 are not anything though.

I'm used to Lumpen posting literally every bit of info about things that affect him without directly quoting. So it feels off to me. He doesn't feel like he's hunting much either.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

The rolefishing alone doesn't really bother me. It's that he's rolefishing instead of scum hunting to try to appear helpful.

I do agree with your view. Sorry for not typing the whole thing out?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

HiipFire posted:

i will be posting yes

Such a masterpiece.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

DGK2000 just omgused me while misconstruing my posts about town being hosts and scum being humans. Then they mentioned AA and them bussing each other as if it's why I am suspect of them despite me saying I could see them being same or different alignments.

Just did a pseudo lumpenlist. Has nothing useful.

This is in the same breath he is accusing me of low content.

Yeah this is who I want to vote today.

## vote dgk2000

You literally just OMGUSed me.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

DGK2000 just omgused me while misconstruing my posts about town being hosts and scum being humans. Then they mentioned AA and them bussing each other as if it's why I am suspect of them despite me saying I could see them being same or different alignments.

Just did a pseudo lumpenlist. Has nothing useful.

This is in the same breath he is accusing me of low content.

Yeah this is who I want to vote today.

## vote dgk2000

Hey read my posts and stop being useless.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

sentimental snail posted:

hey friend I dunno if you're reading the same flavor as me but I don't see anything about your role being confirmed except you have a gun that works in the day, maybe

...Really?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm not a rolecop. Where are you getting this?
I wonder why you single me out as scummy if you're not going to read my post history, and instead make stuff up without supporting it?

quote:

I'm forbidden from explicitly confirming certain things, but let's just say I wouldn't hammer hiipfire even to avoid a no-lynch.

That reads to me like a softclaim.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

I thought it was interesting that DGK calls out Dead Cow as useless but makes no comment about her alignment.

Because DC has posted nothing of value or tone enough to make a call. Like half of this loving thread.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

flerp posted:

i had the same feelings about his comments about rf. i was like how the heck r u gonna call opop scummy because he hasnt made a lot of posts. its a meta case but also an incorrect meta post because opoop does not post a lot

im not really sure why some people r on that list and not others ngl

Because I used to know Opop as a fairly prolific poster. It's old meta, champ. The people on my list are the ones I've looked at the hardest, due to my interactions with them. Most of them had enough content to look at. If people didn't make the list they didn't strike me in either way.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

My major issue with NGK is his super hard push on AA, and then walking away from it without any reasoning until pressed about it. His reasoning was that AA posted more and he cooled on him. His reasoning was devoid of any real explanation.

So his opinions are fake. Probable scum.

OH MY GOD. It was like, the very very beginning of the game. I don't know how much more I can explain that he seemed scummy, I pushed on him, my opinion changed and I moved on. Is that not what the gently caress we do in Mafia? Or should I tunnel?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

At this point, the vote by Gridlocked is an example of this very thing they claimed I was doing.

They posted a vote on me, not long after DGK 3 IRL days ago, and their post history is fluff and mostly one-line responses to things.

Yeah, this is why I'm feeling Gridlock as scum.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

I trust MMT and Quid as Town due to MMT day action.

Lando is trying in earnest which makes me think he is also Town.

I'd like to see a real LumpenList in the future.

I don't wanna vote for Merk while he's voting for me because it seems like I'd just be getting into a poo poo slinging match. But he's barking up the wrong tree chasing me.

Frankly I still feel my current vote on AA is on someone who saw an easy hand and played it.

B- is not someone I've seen enough of to have a real gauge beyond generally participating. Same with snail.

Dancer is similar but more active.

50 was really into flavor debate which was a bit distracting, but it confused me too so I can't be a hypocrite.

Tolly had some back and fort with Tobbs early that caught my eye but I'm happy to assume that was standard long term player throwing poo poo at a wall tactics.

Everyone else are names I've not seen enough.

Like this is super bullshit right here, look at it.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

If I get lynched for trying to get the game to put votes down and start talking about who is scum instead of petering into the d1 lynch with garbage, I'm going to be rightly upset at SA Mafia.

You were in zero danger of this happening when you posted this. I'm gonna tell you it wouldn't be the first time you've driven content and ran the thread as Scum.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

I'm pretty sure DC is town, her scum game is way more posting early on. I wouldn't vote her today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tolly Totes posted:

I looked over Snail and I'm not seeing the case there.

I think DGK is my top my vote now, but it's been a very strange day.

I'm cool with that if it comes down to it, enough people have put their feelings down on me to get something useful from my death.

• Locked thread