Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
  • Locked thread
Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Yeah ok. And since itís you, dbd, Iíll even post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Beep boop hello

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Quidthulhu posted:

humans bad

Agreed but what are your thoughts about Westworld

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

flerp posted:

i know nothing about westworld and if anybody talks about flavor i will ignore it and call you dumb

It's good and like 8 episodes just watch it

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Tolly Totes posted:

Hello everybody! Good morning!

##vote Tobbs

I like your style

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Murmur Twin posted:

I think this is a scum post. It reads to me like he doesn't know whether to be

(a) serious ("I really do want to take a look at dgk and lumps...") or
(b) laid-back ("...for their super serious votes during [jokephase]")

It's like he's trying to sound town, but I can't imagine that he actually thinks he's going to deduce dgk/lumpen's alignment at this point in the game.

##vote AA

He seems serious both times

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Iím with KB on this one. AA seems fine to me and it looks like her pushing a bad case ##vote mmt

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Quidthulhu posted:

I don't like this post. KB hasn't actually explained why he voted MMT and my initial thought was "what's his case, exactly?" Opop trying to piggy back off of something that doesn't exist is weird.

##vote RF

Also susp of Lando, and wanting to hear from Lumpen about what his logic here is.

I made the case when I made the vote, it wasnít an empty quote. There was also pages of back and forth with people talking about it for context.

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

merk posted:

I love sex.

The pr makes me not even want to post

You sure know how to have a good time, Merk.

For what's it worth, you'd think a scum merk would at least try, so his lovely attitude probably works in his favor

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Ok so maybe Iím missing something, but Tolly says they are voting Tobbs for a ~reason~ but wonít say why, and despite everything else going on AS just goes ďsureĒ and jumps on to that vote?

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Atomic Soda posted:

why do you think tolly said that?

Because thatís what they said?

merk posted:

The RF vote looks better when you see that KB really has no justification for that MMT vote. RF is talking out of his rear end when saying he agrees with KB.

I was in the middle of reading the thread and was already planning on voting mmt when I saw

King Burgundy posted:

Don't think AA is scum.

Also, ##vote MMT

That mirrored my own thoughts, as I felt AA was town and MMT was pushin a false narrative, so I agreed with both ideas he was presenting. I could have fleshed it out better but thatís why I tried to give some context in my own post and not just go ďsameĒ

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Quidthulhu posted:

Oh I guess RF kinda did explain already. Anything else you'd like to add, then?

Not really, the cases against me are all fairly vague and centred on the same basic points that I feel Iíve addressed in full.

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Hey deeg

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

I'm sticking with my vote.

I also find it hard to believe DBD would put in a role that could potentially mod confirm two people D1.

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Ok this is probably a mistake but I feel like it's worth mentioning because we're starting to get led down this path.

I am not a host, but I am Host Aligned. I'm assuming I'm not the only one, and that there are non-Host Aligned host characters.

ie Don't make flavour cases.

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Flavor may or may not be important. Who knows? All roles have been randomized. Any "bad" person in Westworld could be town in this game, and vice versa.

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Yeah ok I guess that stuff makes sense ##unvote

MMT is more likely 3P. If her role specifically lets her kill Non-Hosts only, AND we know that there are Host aligned Humans (ie if she shot me I'd presumably die and I'm town), and we can assume there are Scum Aligned Hosts, her role doesn't make sense for Town OR Scum.

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

merk posted:

what

Can we lynch this person, comrades?

What can I clear up for you, merk?

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

50 pounds of bread posted:

This isn't RF saying they are a host-aligned human?

RF clarify, is your character a human in the show but you are a host in game?

Or are you a host-aligned human in game?

I guess the former. Like there's nothing in my PM about me being explicitly human, but unless DBD has top secret S2 information the character I am is a human. I am not a miller.

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

I mean I guess I'm sort of like a miller if there's a flavour-cop, which is sounds like isn't entirely outside the realm of possibility, but there's no mention of anything like that in my PM

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

- Where I think RF may be faking reads and opinions, I feel that sentimental is.

Which reads do you think I'm faking? I've made like 3

Lumpen posted:

RF should more fully and specifically claim because I find his explanation still a bit confusing and I want a clear simple direct post of exactly what he is claiming. I think I get it but I don't presume to put words in anyone's mouth.

I'm genuinely not sure how much more I can break it down, could you be more specific about what's not clicking for you?

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Retro Futurist posted:

I guess the former. Like there's nothing in my PM about me being explicitly human, but unless DBD has top secret S2 information the character I am is a human. I am not a miller.

Maybe you missed this one?

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Atomic Soda posted:

both of them ignore my follow up post to my vote, which gives a reason aside from tolly

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see a non-Tolly reason there

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Atomic Soda posted:

i thought the case on lando was a stretch and could be scum trying for an easy target

Ok I think I've wrapped my head around this. Lando said stuff about Tolly that Tobbs turned into a case and you felt that case was a stretch?

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Dancer posted:

ē Retro Futurist
o Seems to start a push for MMT kinda out of nowhere on page 8? Based only off of KBís previous vote with zero reasoning (in the middle of that stupid af pages-long derail about Tollyís experience level)
o Claims to be town-alligned, but human. Does this mean miller?

My reasoning was in my vote and has been explained.

I am explicitly not a Miller and have said so many times.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

We can assume one of two things with the dayvig/brutal cop

Quid is town or he just lost a rank of BP

Quid is either town godfather or 3p, I feel like the flavor for the kill makes it pretty clear he's a host.

It shows quid is a host, nothing more nothing less. He could be any alignment.
That or MMTs role is written weird

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

I am going to be adamant about the fact that hosts are host aligned and humans are human aligned unless they are millers 3p or godfathers.

Despite the fact that DBD himself has made it clear multiple times that none of that matters?

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

merk posted:

Are you a 3p? If so, what is your win condition?

No, Iím town, as Iíve been saying. If I were scum or 3P I wouldnít have gotten into this for no reason

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Which makes no sense, because brutal flavor cop is a literal useless role.

I suspect sheís some kind of 3p lyncher personaly. Or itís a brutal daycop and weíre all confused by flavour, but again that means DBD put a role in that mod confirmed 2 people as town D1

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

I think everyone is misunderstanding.

If your character in the tv show is a human your character in the game could be a host, and vice-versa

Townies are hosts, and mafia are humans.

Everything DBD has said points to this.

Other than being Host Aligned my PM doesnít say anything about me being a host

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Whatever, letís not lose focus. Itís moot anyways weíve all cooled on mmt and I donít think anyone suspected quid earlier, I just think we should keep this in mind

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

merk posted:

If she's a 3p lyncher or something, why would she waste her shot on day 1?

ninja: unless she gets a shot every day I guess.

If she were a brutal daycop why would she waste her shot on day 1?

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Lando131 posted:

h
Let me get this right, I think I know what you're getting at here. Do you think that MMT is a 3P that wins when all Host aligned Humans (ie you), and Human aligned Humans (ie scum), are dead?

Yeah I think so. I mean itís a shot in the dark but itís how I rationalize it

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Hal Incandenza posted:

This is another way that RF is weirding me out. I think of him as someone who has a pretty good handle on setups and mafia theory even if he isn't paying all that much attention to the thread. MMT explained her reasons for using it pretty clearly right after she did it, and even if she hasn't it isn't that crazy to use that power right away especially if you are someone who has a fair risk of dying early in the game for meta reasons like MMT does and RF knows that.

And the whole lack of comprehension that host/human can be both an alignment and also a trait and those can be mutually exclusive is strange to me. It's not just RF doing that, but I also think that is something that shouldn't confuse him too much.

I guess I can't say if that makes him extra lazy town or intentionally obtuse scum but it seems out of character for him.

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

merk posted:

BTW, the string claiming is what makes it clear you're not town. You come out with some new little part of the claim without any regard whatsoever for disclosing this new thing, but you definitely withheld information initially for some reason. That's not how town thinks.

That said, I don't think the role makes sense as scum from what we've seen. Maybe I'm wrong.

Oh my god merk agrees with me!

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Dancer and Lando are pinging me the most right now but I don't like voting new people D1.

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

DGK2000 posted:

Because I used to know Opop as a fairly prolific poster. It's old meta, champ. The people on my list are the ones I've looked at the hardest, due to my interactions with them. Most of them had enough content to look at. If people didn't make the list they didn't strike me in either way.

Eh it depends. I've definitely slowed down but I'm putting in more effort here because this is a DBD game.

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

Murmur Twin posted:

Iím mostly skimming for now but will fine-toothed comb it later and give a better reply.

My gut reaction is that it doesnít mean much because I think youíre scum together, so the fact that Lumpens excuse is what you thought it would be isnít hugely convincing to me. That said Iím trying to keep an open mind.

Meek has barely tried with his PR and keeps complaining about it, I donít buy it as him making that up.

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

sentimental snail posted:

this is pretty much how I feel about rf!

Iím stil, your number one pick, despite everything else thatís happened and the fact that your mini case on me is entirely incorrect?

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

sentimental snail posted:

I like the intentionally obtuse reply that you're hoping will color other poster's opinions of me, but that is not what the post I quoted says. it says, exactly, these words: I probably wouldn't vote [Retro Futurist] as a primary candidate now, but I'm leaning more scummy than townie on him

DC brought this up before the could get to it but yeah, you say this but youíre still voting for me. You lack conviction.

##vote snail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

I'll vote literally anyone except myself to prevent a no lynch but I like my vote where it is

• Locked thread
«3 »