Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
sign me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
i dont make lumpenlists

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
im feelin pretty numb rn :hehe:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

flerp posted:

im glad this game caters to my desire to kill every living human (esp tobbs)

Please don’t kill youreself

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

flerp posted:

i know nothing about westworld and if anybody talks about flavor i will ignore it and call you dumb

:wtc: i was getting ready to make this exact post

but yeah, i hadnt even heard of westworld before this week. looks interesting though, maybe ill check it out someday

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
i love how everyone tries to justify their personal d1 criteria for nailing scum as mafia gospel lol

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Murmur Twin posted:

I think this is a scum post. It reads to me like he doesn't know whether to be

(a) serious ("I really do want to take a look at dgk and lumps...") or
(b) laid-back ("...for their super serious votes during [jokephase]")

It's like he's trying to sound town, but I can't imagine that he actually thinks he's going to deduce dgk/lumpen's alignment at this point in the game.

##vote AA

I agree. This AA post pings me the most:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

If joke phase is over I really do want to take a look at dgk and lumps for their super serious votes during what is obviously the start of the game on a weekend.

it's like a pseudo OMGUS without following through with a vote. lumpen's questions seem reasonable to me (a little aggressive, maybe thats just his style), and imo AA is responding poorly. I'm looking forward to his take on dgk and lumpen after he "takes a look" at them.
##vote AA

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

idgi

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
yep. i was recently on a scumteam with mmt and this definitely feels like her town game so far

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lol are you serious

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

merk posted:

Brutal Cop? Why would you not save that?

can someone explain what a brutal cop is? this is the second time I've seen that term and still dont know what it means. google yields no helpful results. thanks

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
whoops nvm, just read mmts post. should have hit refresh first

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
really starting to get suspicious of 50. i don't believe his "mystery injection" claim. calling bullshit on that. he's pulled similar gambit poo poo before in previous games and i fell for it.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dead Cow posted:

So, is it just me or is b-minus being extra super quiet this game?

ha, i figured someone might notice the difference between my "give no fucks" attitude from my last game and my last game compared to this one. i've been following along and contributing when i can. this was a very busy and exciting weekend, and i will be more available after tuesday.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Quidthulhu posted:

What would be the town motivation for doing this after a N0 when nobody knew injectioning was a thing? That's a pretty big gambit.

we're talking about 50 pounds though. he's full of poo poo regardless of alignment

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dancer posted:

Btw, can someone clarify for me, in vanilla mafia terms, what dayvig and brutal cop are? My current understanding is, a dayvig is someone who can kill someone at some point during the day (presumably one time only). Presumably town-alligned, but could be other allignments too. Brutal cop is the same, except it doesn't kill town-alligned people? So in the case of Quid having some sort of protection, we don't know the difference, but otherwise MMT is brutal cop.

Is there precedent for there being a role that can do a 100% harmless "day kill" for a gambit or sth?

im pretty sure that if mmt had used a dayvig, the kill would have been successful independent of alignment.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

HiipFire posted:

sup guys it’s 10:30 AM, I just woke up with a sweet old headache and I feel like death. Hopefully if I down enough water I can function for long enough to actually contribute anything of value.

##vote merk

HiipFire posted:

most boring poster of the last page is scum

##vote DGK

HiipFire posted:

lots of boring posts wouldnt actually bother reading all of it if you don't feel like it

HiipFire posted:

extremely intelligent mafia gameplay right here folks

hiipfire hasn't contributed anything meaningful. they've just been coasting under the radar, only showing up to make a white noise/unhelpful posts

##vote HipFire

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm forbidden from explicitly confirming certain things, but let's just say I wouldn't hammer hiipfire even to avoid a no-lynch.
Ok... ##unvote. Hipfire needs to post more.

Lando131 posted:

Tobbs this is the second time you've done this. The first was when MMT put it down, and now B-minus1. I'm starting to think you might have some information the rest of us don't.

If this is purely because not posting much on a weekend, it makes your previous vote on flerp look even worse so I'm very interested in why you think this.
Apologies if this has been addressed, I just woke up and am reading through what I missed.

I don't know what it is about your posts, but something feels off. like, why are you defending me here? It's as if you are desperately trying to appear as helpful/concerned townie, and it feels incredibly forced. "I'm starting to think you might have some information the rest of us don't" pings me harder than anything else you've posted.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
lol?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Lando131 posted:

gently caress. This flavor thing is a quagmire and I am sorry I brought it up. Going to take notes from now on and not stream of consciousness post anymore until my reread is over.

i honestly have no idea what you are trying to figure out in your most recent posts. Especially when you're asking other players to comment on a specific player? maybe you're just overconfirned new town, but it really feels like you are playing with extra knowledge.

Lando131 posted:

In the middle of a reread.

sentimental snail can I ask you your opinion of Tobbs?

also don't like how silent quid has been, considering he is usually a high volume poster and was implicated in a in a failed day action. mmt has gone radio silent too.
not a fan of lynching lurkers (mr f, snail, flerp).

Lean scum: 50 pounds, AA, lando, rf

Lean town: tobbs, lumpen, merk, KB, mmt
Neutral on everyone else

I'll be around until deadline

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
someday i will learn to refresh before i submit my post

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

merk posted:

Deadline is tomorrow.

whoops. this is the longest day 1 ive ever seen in a mafia game

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Interesting that at the time of this post you had the same post count as snail (19).

Why is he on your lurker list? Why are you particularly averse to lynching lurkers? People have made a content case on snail, so why are you waving it off as a lurker case?

snail hasn't posted in over a day. i would consider that lurking. i would have added hal to that list but he showed up earlier today mainly to discuss RF.
to be completely honest, snail hasn't even been on my radar at all. they're a completely null read.
i have always hated lynching lurkers, especially on day 1. i would rather lynch someone with actual content to pick apart the next day. I'm fine with putting pressure on them, which is why i voted for hiipfire earlier. And sure enough, they showed up almost immediately after I voted them.

Murmur Twin posted:

What game? The only one I know of was FS/N where he was town and you were scum, so based on my limited knowledge that seems like an odd thing to be suspicious of 50 for.
i dont want to break any rules so i unfortunately cant provide all of the evidence of this right now. but in the larry david game we were scumbros, and he mentioned how much he loves to gently caress with the town by making up insane gambits. he also tunneled me all game by claiming to have knowledge that i was scum. he basically posted the same thing every day "bman is bad, lynch bman, why does nobody want to lynch bee movie" and nobody listened. so when I see him post things like:

50 pounds of bread posted:

Am I gonna die?
If someone can save me from this injection thing please do it tonight, I have no idea what's going on but I suspect I've been robot poisoned.
Does poison even effect robots?
WHAT IS GOING ON?!

50 pounds of bread posted:

You try being injected with mystery whatever n0 and not being concerned about it.

my first instinct is to call bullshit.

Murmur Twin posted:

Can you be more specific what you mean by "playing with extra knowledge"? Are you saying that Lando asking Snail for Tobbs is scummy? And if playing with extra knowledge is scummy, why did you unvote Hiipfire?
It just feels like he's trying extra hard to appear town and doesn't feel genuine. His behavior reminds me of Kash's in FF6 I think aka a scum that is faking a bunch of townie reactions (fake frustration with trying to figure out the game, asking leading questions about specific players, etc) idk maybe im not explaining it correctly or i've just never played with lando before so im not used to his style of play. just don't like posts like these:
"That's exactly why I want to hear from Quid. It comes down to a matter of whether we trust MMT's claim or not."
"Tobbs this is the second time you've done this. The first was when MMT put it down, and now B-minus1. I'm starting to think you might have some information the rest of us don't."
"sentimental snail can I ask you your opinion of Tobbs? "
"gently caress. This flavor thing is a quagmire and I am sorry I brought it up. Going to take notes from now on and not stream of consciousness post anymore until my reread is over. "

I unvoted hiipfire because i was satisfied with Tobbs response. I don't like that hiipfire disappeared right after I called him out however.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

merk posted:

Besides it being 50, what about the injection makes you think it's bullshit? There were n0 actions. If he's still alive d4 and there isn't any other talk of an "injection" anywhere in the game, ok then maybe he's lying. How can you jump to that now?

uh, nothing "about" the injection makes me think it's bullshit. It's just that i have a general distrust of 50 because ive played with him as scum before and i know he likes to do things for his own amusement. and I agree with the second half of your post.

merk posted:

Like, my point is: If you think it's bullshit just because he's doing some dumb gambit, why pay any attention to it? You're basically making a meta read from one game where you were scumbros, and I'm telling you that 50 does random poo poo in every game regardless of alignment.

50 invented, which I stole in Harry Potter Mafia, a survivor gambit. You claim survivor as town to try to bait scum into claiming.

fair enough. im not trying to dwell on it, just thought it was worth mentioning. and i only brought it up again because i was asked by mmt to explain a read from yesterday.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Of rolecop? Seems a weird conclusion to draw. I'm happy to confirm that I'm not a rolecop if that helps.

i believe you and also think it's strange that people are questioning this so much

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Gridlocked posted:

Question: someone said that voting for HiipFire is bad and they'd rather no lynch over a dead HiipFire. I can look up roles in detail on the wiki when I get home (5 hours) but for now can I ask if a suicide bomber role would explain this reaction?

just looked up suicide bomber role, and now im wondering how you arrived at that conclusion.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I haven't read a lot, but can we come up with different abbreviations for power role and post restriction. Jesus.

we should just refrain from talking about either of them imo :ssh:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
FYI I’m at a conference that concludes at 5pm cst. After that I will be around until deadline

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
im really sorry guys im not going to have time to post anymore before deadline. didnt realize the deadline was so early. i just won an award and a bunch of coworkers want to go out to celebrate. i havent read any posts from today so to be fair, im going to ##unvote. sorry, i know this is a really lovely thing to do.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm trying to think of flavor related stuff the injection could be and I'm coming up short. Game wise though it's sound like an arsonist.

That’s what I don’t get either. In my experience the arsonist douses targets in gasoline andcsn choose to ignite at any time. Maybe injection works in a similar way?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

merk posted:

What’s up? No more PR. Busy this evening.

Weird. So you were told that your PR, whatever it was, is over?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

DGK2000 posted:

It's... sort of a jailer. There is also a 1/4 chance that MMTs day or night action will not work today. I think that's as close as I can get without getting modkilled.

Huh , that is interesting. If you kept mmt... occupied last night then she likely isn’t implicated in the nks

Would like to hear from quid and lando

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lol “fake unvote”

I was on my phone and posting in a parking lot between my conference and going to a happy hour. . I know it was lovely not to vote but it seemed like a fair thing to do. I hadn’t read any of the posts from yesterday. . Actually, I still need to go back and do that

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Lando131 posted:

I'll also say if snail had flipped scum I sure as hell would be voting B-minus1 right now without rereading.

thanks for the morning lol.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Merk has accused a ton of people of being scum or 3P. I have only played one other game with him, and we both were town. I am sure you all remember that he correctly nailed a scum, and I tunneled him insanely hard because I was certain he was pulling off some sort of scum gambit. I was hilariously wrong.
However, I can’t help but notice that the tone of his posts is remarkably different in this game. In TYMYM game, he provided detailed reads and wasn’t afraid to back them up whenever anyone disagreed with him. In this game, he isn’t committing to any of his reads and continues to lob accusations at someone, trying to get something to stick, before giving up and moving on to someone else. And he seems incredibly defensive.

Take a look at some of his vote history/reads (I deleted some unrelated sentences in a few posts to shorten the length of this post) and see how many players he voted. There's a lot of posts to go through so this doesn't cover everything.
DGK:

merk posted:

##vote DGK
This vote is so fake. I can't get past it.

Retro Futurist:

merk posted:

Are you a 3p? If so, what is your win condition?
Atomic Soda:

merk posted:

AS' vote on Tolly was hanging around without a case. This could be a cute little scum. ##vote AS
MMT:

merk posted:

I SO MUCH THINK YOU'RE LYING THAT I'LL DO THIS: ##vote MMT
Just claim 3p. I think that's what you are. I'm the only one in all of mafia who takes the 'kill all 3p' stance.
Later, MMT asked merk to provide reads for three players, including myself, and this was his response:

merk posted:

Lumpen: Don't know - weird he hasn't made a LumpenList. His PR makes him hard to read.
bminus: Don't know.
Snail: Could be scum. His RF vote is the only vote that has any meaning in the game, and he only gave the explanation for it after I forced him to do it.
Of these three, snail flipped town. Could be scum hedging a bit.
Also found this post interesting:

merk posted:

Here's a mafia tip: This isn't a scum tell. It's moreso a 3p tell than anything (but I'm not 3p).
Gridlocked:

merk posted:

This is the best case out there today - ##vote Gridlocked
Lumpen:

merk posted:

##vote Lumpen
later walks back his suspicion of Lumpen, hedging on DC

merk posted:

I'd vote DC, friend. I didn't mean to say that I wouldn't.
I probably wouldn't vote Lumpen as a primary candidate now, but I'm leaning more scummy than townie on him. That is, I'd vote him at deadline over a lot of other people.
KB:

merk posted:

He has two posts, friend. I have no idea about anything with his alignment. I expect he gets replaced. Alternatively, you are here and not telling us anything about alignment.
##vote KB
Doesn’t want to lynch lurker Mr. F, confirmed town.

merk posted:

We can do better than a Mr. F lynch.

I think merk is scum and is trying to appear like he's scum hunting by providing worthless/fake reads.
##vote merk

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dead Cow posted:

Merk's first couple posts after the day opens don't have a PR, btw.

from earlier:

merk posted:

What’s up? No more PR. Busy this evening.

b-minus1 posted:

Weird. So you were told that your PR, whatever it was, is over?

merk posted:

It said it was only for d1 when I got the n0 pm. I didn’t hear anything about it last night so I assume it’s done.

or maybe it never existed in the first place

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Lando131 posted:

All I know is when there's scum about some of 'em know how to fly under the radar and some people just don't go down easy at all. Just look at our boy Gridlocked who was taken down last night. I reckon if anyone had gone after him the night before he'd be sittin' pretty.

What the hell is this

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lando is almost certainly lying about his post restriction. Merk is also not cleared, mmts action could have failed and we should not rely on flavor to figure it out.
Also someone visited me last night. Don’t know who

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dancer posted:

Do you know anything? What they did, what their allignment is?

Nope. I had a package left outside of my door, and there was a snake tail inside. Lol. No idea what that means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dancer posted:

So, if this truly is what DBD is doing, I kinda hate to ruin it, but I don't want humans using it for cover.
Atomic Soda and Hal were heavy lurkers in D1.
Lando and I were heavy lurkers in D2.

Of note that in both cases, the two funny talkers weren't *the* lowest ranked posters, just very close to the bottom. I know AA, like me, had zero posts D2 whereas Lando had 5, and I'm sure between b-minus/Dead Cow/other unknowns, someone is likely to be in bottom 2 posters other than exactly Hal and AS. But I think this remains a decent correlation.

Didn’t merk claim to have a pr on day 1 though? How do you explain d1 prs

• Locked thread