Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
Yes please, I want this

I'm trying to see if I can get DGK2000 to come play in this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Mr. F! posted:

Hi DGK, how’re you (it’s Magnus)

HOWDY

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Lumpen posted:

Hello old friends.
This game doesn't look like anything to me...
Gimme a spot.
I don't talk in twilight.

:swoon:

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Howdy there everyone, pleasure to meet y'all

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Lumpen posted:

Confirmin' totally Town, amigos!

I'm so rusty I may have lost all my Mafia mojo, but I'll make what meagre contribution I might.

You forgot to capitalize the T in Totally Town.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Shhh! I thought we discussed that our town slap fight would happen day 3 in the scumdoc???

Classic fake out of the fake out

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

##vote Quidthulhu

Gotta get some practice in, feels like it's been forever

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Good afternoon everyone, lovely weather we’re having.

There’s a lot of discussion about whether the humorous banter time should be continued, and I say let the fun times continue! We still haven’t greeted all the folks who are yet to arrive, you see.

Hopefully then once everyone has joined, we can get a better understanding of who’s who and what’s what.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Talking OOT is usually a good sign someone is scum (though masonries are possible).

Wow sir, thank you for that super helpful information. Next you’ll tell me that voting someone is a good way to show that you want them lynched.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I feel old, discord? Back in my day we used Google wave.

I’m trying to catch up right now, but I’ve got a bit confusion about how we’ve been going around in circles

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

merk posted:

Brutal Cop? Why would you not save that?

Could you kindly enlighten me on how this makes you think it’s a brutal cop rather than a dayvig/bulletproof

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

MMT, does your role say it doesn’t kill Hosts, or it doesn’t kill Host-aligned, specifically?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

##unvote my quid joke vote from the beginning

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

You’re making an assumption that all hosts are Host Aligned

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

MMT please if you would, answer my question

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Hello everyone, is this thing on? I’m talking but no one seems to hear me

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Ok, I’m good with that clarification then. Thank you

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

50 pounds of bread posted:

So RF has effectively claimed miller in the thread, and the only way quid could be human aligned is if he is a godfather.

Is anyone else following, or am I just a crazy man?

You’re crazy, dbd clarified that just because your dude may be a human in the show, it’s not in game if you are host aligned

Quid could still be godfather but rf didn’t claim miller

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

All this argument over the content ofnthe discord makes me think I don't want to join the discord.

Why would you join the discord? Isn't that what the scum team is using to communicate?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

Have you tried goon discords? The only good ones I've found are: bloodbowl, dominions and the wow one I run.

Everything else is trash :colbert:

No I haven't, I was wondering what the heck you were talking about.

Tolly Totes posted:

I know you're joking around but discord we were talking about was one set up specifically for the mafia in a recent game.

Because this is what I thought you were alluding to, but for this game

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

So, is it just me or is b-minus being extra super quiet this game?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I have the stupidest reason to vote Lumpen as scum. He didn’t capitalize a letter in one of his early posts, and when I called him out for it he never responded

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I think 50 is going on about this host/human thing longer than necessary

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Lando131 posted:

Dead Cow has been flying under my radar and upon rereading him I just realized why. He's said absolutely nothing about who he thinks is scum or town, despite being around to post about flavor and question people about roles. The only potential take he's even had is that B-minus1 has been quiet this game.

I'd really like to hear something with substance from Dead Cow before tomorrow.

I think 50 is going hard on something stupid. I think Merk's push to go after a potential 3P day one is dumb and I don't know what information we would gain from that. What threat is there to town of a brutal cop that can't kill town?

It's an easy lynch for scum to jump on because they don't lose anything from it, and if Merk is wrong about MMT being 3P and MMT is town, then even more beneficial to scum.

What the heck are you doing Merk?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Well it's a start, I'm glad you're just playing dumb then. Cause if you actually believed this is the best course of action, why, I'd think you'd be off your rocker

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

There's an awful lot of people who aren't around still, for a game that can no longer have B-b-but my weekends as an excuse.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

DGK2000 posted:

Shut up and make a loving case or something. You're being less than useful.

Uh, I did, I said Merk was being terrible. I also made a bit of a case on Lumpen, still no response from him.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Mr. F! posted:

Hello all,

Who should i read?

Hey can you take a look at Merk and see if he's being scummy or if this is just him being weird

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Mr. F! posted:

Nothing glaring is sticking out at me w/r/t Merk.

What are you seeing there?

His push on the 3P as some sort of chat generating gambit

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

and by push on the 3P I mean his insistence that MMT is 3P is what's weird

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I'm seeing posts from the same few people over and over, and other than wondering if Merk is just being weird, I just don't have any strong opinions.

I'm not getting a lot of gut either. Lumpen and Quid having IRL stuff keeping them from posting makes it hard to read them. I had some gut for Lumpen and 50, but neither of those are striking me either.

I guess the one I could see is Tobbs's post about DGK dropping his case on AA? I thought DGK's case on AA was super early, which are the kinds of cases that do get dropped after some posting and reflection. That wouldn't make DGK a liar, so it's a stretch that Tobbs would call him scum on that. Even that seems really weak though, I guess I could vote Tobbs for a lovely justification however Tobbs isn't even voting DGK, so that would make my case a lovely case with lovely justification.

Everyone is playing super safe or something. I've honestly no good leads, and it sucks.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

merk posted:

I'm playing real safe.

What do you think about my DGK post about you?

I think he had a good point, I need to make a case. Does it make me scummy? No, does it make me useless? Yes, probably, that's why other people are mentioning the same thing. At least you and DGK are making cases.

I promise to try to get some opinions down other than "this is all messed up partner"

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I don't like how AA hasn't really revisited MMT after the vig other than to say

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I've eased on MMT without how the Vig on Quid played out, but it raises more questions me regarding both of these players, and something that I'll also need to read more info.

When before the shot on Quid AA was saying that MMT was the scummiest scum that ever scummed.

That's pretty scummy.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Ok, I've been earnest about the difficult time I've had reading people this game. I started reading people, put down my opinion on AA, but I feel like it wasn't quite enough for me to vote on.

I don't think it's scummy to hold off on a vote until I have a bit more certainty. Otherwise I'd just be playing Eenie meenie miney scum, and sticking votes random places. Or some sort of I Spy with my little eye, something that is Scummy! VOTE.

I'm really trying to analyze and get a good vote down rather than just hopping around on whatever the scumlord of the moment is.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

##vote snail

Snail's post history is a slow series of lingering votes and very little reasons for them. I think what is most telling for me is how snail goes from voting RF, telling Merk, yes I still believe in this vote, but then saying they wouldn't make RF their primary candidate without unvoting RF to show that. RF brought it up to Snail, but Snail still didn't unvote. Saying "I probably wouldn't vote [Retro Futurist] as a primary candidate now," but leaving the vote up is something I would see scum doing.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

On my re-read something is giving me a gut on Hal, it's almost like his play is too safe? This isn't an alignment call, just a big hmmm

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I get lynching lurkers, but going after the lurkiest of lurkers, the one most likely to be replaced is INCREDIBLY lazy. This gives us next to nothing to go on, where as one of the slightly less lurkier people, those who have made a vote or been voted, would give some connection to other players when it's time to evaluate the flip.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

flerp posted:

also gently caress lumpen's list of scum tells but thats for after the game

His list of scum tells is literally how I play mafia

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

50 pounds of bread posted:

The Lumpen virus mafia. Every night another player becomes Lumpen.

We did lumpen list mafia already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

merk posted:

This was my favorite show of 2017 by the way. Should I role play something? Ok I will. Starting now.

merk posted:

I, too, have a posting restriction, and I'm about to give it up because it is annoying, hon. Not much of a rind on you.

Merk, do you have an actual game mechanic posting restriction? It sounds like you made it up at first then said you had it, but you thought about not continuing with it.

• Locked thread