Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
In, with the caveat that I won't be around Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

This isn't Final Fantasy mafia where that maxim is pretty close to 50/50 odds.

##vote KB for abandoning Team Effortpost

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

If joke phase is over I really do want to take a look at dgk and lumps for their super serious votes during what is obviously the start of the game on a weekend.

I think this is a scum post. It reads to me like he doesn't know whether to be

(a) serious ("I really do want to take a look at dgk and lumps...") or
(b) laid-back ("...for their super serious votes during [jokephase]")

It's like he's trying to sound town, but I can't imagine that he actually thinks he's going to deduce dgk/lumpen's alignment at this point in the game.

##vote AA

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

The broken quote scum vote. It makes an appearance

##vote Lumpen

Not even your lists can save you.

---

Ah, I didn't realize you had voted tolly previously and are just dumb. carry on.
##unvote

(fixed grammar on second quote)

This also seems like a weird mixture of joking around (the vote) and being serious (the unvote) that makes me feel like AA is lying instead of just speaking off-the-cuff.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Dgk and Lumpen are weirdos, but mmt looks like scum crawling out of the woodwork for an easy, opportunistic d1 push.

Like I said, she calls me out about lying for something, but what lies have I told?

She makes a point to call out my suspicion of Lumpen and dgk for trying to determine their alignment when all I say is I really want to look at them, but then in turn has a solid read on me for some reason and doesn't see the contradiction she's already made in her obviously fake posting.

I mean. Im ready to call it on mmt. She's scum. Out of the votes on me, hers is clearly the worst.

"Lying" was probably the wrong word, my apologies. I'll re-phrase the case:

- I don't believe that the "I want to look at them for their seriousposts" is a real opinion that town would have.
- your vote on Lumpen didn't sound like an actual vote, so the fact that felt the need to unvote and justify it feels like scummy self-consciousness.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I don't believe that the "I want to look at them for their seriousposts" is a real opinion that town would have.

That said - AA, what're your opinions on Lumpen and dgk based on their posts thus far?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tolly Totes posted:

Hey Twin! Tell me about lists

Hmm to be honest I kind of feel like Lumpen is the person you'd want to be asking about lists! I tend to go more for rambly paragraphs :words:

What're your opinions of me and AA thus far?

My vote on tobbs is explained as a dig as you, him, tolly and I were just scum together.

Go team! :j:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

DGK2000 posted:

Going back I see it's Dancer, not tolly who claimed newbie at signup.

The aforementioned game (where Tolly was scum with me/tobbs/aa) was her first game.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Pardon me, but I would also like to say that my posting is being affected by a N0 action used on me, I feel it might be of interest to admit, if you guys don't mind.

I have been waiting on a Mod response on whether I am free to fully share details, so I apologize for being intentionally vague, but I felt for now that it might be best to at least put something on the record about it. Hopefully it's no trouble, I don't mean to interrupt.

:thunk:

Tolly Totes posted:

Hello everybody! Good morning!

##vote Tobbs

---

Hi Lumpen!

---

Hey Twin! Tell me about lists

My guess is the Tolly (who is greeting people) is under a similar restriction to Lumpen (who is polite)?

I feel like this is the part where having seen more than two episodes of Westworld would be useful but I don't see any harm in pointing it out.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Don't think AA is scum.

Also, ##vote MMT

Why don't you think AA is scum, and why the vote on me?

I can buy the idea that you think my case on AA is wrong but I'm interested in the leap that I'd be scum for pushing it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm not sure I buy into the "Lando knew this was Tolly's second game so he's scum" theory, that sounds more like a patsy case than a real one to me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hi folks! I'm home from work and catching up now, and then I have some cases to make / stuff to share.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm kind of cooling on AA, to be honest.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hah that was supposed to be the first line of a much longer post and I accidentally hit "submit" :eng99:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

But yeah, nothing about AA's reaction to my case seemed out of the ordinary to how I'd expect town to react. D1 case, etc. etc.

King Burgundy posted:

Don't think AA is scum.

Also, ##vote MMT

I'm seriously hoping that KB's lack of anything to say is the result of it being the weekend, and if he's town I would like to humbly request that he put effort into this game.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Btw current gut reads have shifted to Quid and AS.

##vote Quid

merk posted:

Thanks for the help, bud!

Haha as much as I want to :argh: at KB's new meta, his last post actually makes me feel stronger about him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

Is Tully new? I'm losing track of who's played how many games. I actually am more suspicious of people who are hook line & sinker going "yep I agree with Tully" on a ~*~mystery case~*~ that, frankly, holds zero water for me even if he is dancing around night action results.

This post feels extremely suspicious to me. How could Quid possibly have not picked up through reading the thread that this is Tolly's second game? Tobbs' whole case on Lando centers around that information and lots of people have talked about it.

Quid is actually my strongest suspect at the moment. His posts don't seem sincere to me in a way that's kind of tough for me to verbalize. Like I see town Quidnose as more of a bulldog who actively looks for scummy stuff and then grills his suspects. Quid in this game is more kind of jumping around with reasonably "safe" opinions and seems to actively be attempting to not make waves.

Quidthulhu posted:

Sweet jesus there's been a lot going on.

Other than that I...don't have a lot of strong opinions. RF is looking best in terms of faking content, so my vote's gonna stay on him.

I just don't believe town Quid would ever say this. He'd case people and get some strong opinions. Normally, this is the part where I'd vote him and then we'd debate etc etc etc... but instead let's ##open fire at Quidnose

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

Lol are you serious

Yup! (not really sure what the etiquette is re: posting while we wait for DBD :ohdear:)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

No way, really?

I'm not going to fullclaim yet but I have a dayvig that kills humans and doesn't kill hosts. Quid is town.

I wanted to shoot someone who

(a) was probably scum, but
(b) if town, would be useful to have confirmed, and
(c) is someone I have trouble reading

I really did think that Quid was scum, but I figured worst case scenario is that he's confirmed town (at least to me) and I could move on and look for stronger suspects. I also considered Merk, Lumpen, and KB but of the four thought Quid was most likely to be scum.

I thought about a whole bunch of ways to play this (like asking everyone to name their top three scumreads) but ehhhh I hate organizing stuff like that. If people think I'm lying or played that scummy, feel free to call me out on it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

merk posted:

Brutal Cop? Why would you not save that?

I'm not a big planner ahead-er and I don't like sitting on stuff in a game where I might die n1.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

HiipFire posted:

extremely intelligent mafia gameplay right here folks

##vote Hiipfire

He's posting in the thread but has zero content.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

50 pounds of bread posted:

A dumb thing is happening right now.

:350:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also for what it's worth, my role isn't called "brutal cop" and until Merk mentioned it I had forgotten that it was a thing.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm out of the loop, being told I'm wrong a lot, and not killing anyone. It's like I never left Shine V! :j: :eng99:

##unvote - I feel like there's something I'm missing here but am willing to not worry about that for now?

I guess it's back to the drawing board for me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lando131 posted:

If MMT's shot doesn't kill Town I can see why she'd feel free to use it so blatantly. The thing I'm having a hard time with is why she thought Quid was scummy in the first place. Quid's play has seemed like their standard town play to me.

If Quid comes back and claims bulletproof I think MMT will be a good vote, but aside from that I'm not sure what to think. If MMT is to be believed then Quid is effectively confirmed town.

MMT what was it that made you so sure that Quid was scum?

I covered it in the post where I shot him (his "is Tolly new?" felt fake) but will freely acknowledge that a lot of it was a meta/gut read. I didn't think he sounded like he was coming from a "hunting for scum" place.

I wouldn't so much say that I was "so sure" he was scum, it's more that I was suspicious of Quid and figured worst case scenario, I confirm him as town. Full disclosure: part of my thought process involved knowing that Quid has been getting frustrated with Mafia lately, so I figured I'd give him the gift of either being confirmed or not having to scum. Admittedly, I thought it was going to be the latter.

If I didn't fire it today, then (a) I risk being nk'ed n1 and not being able to use it and (b) then I'd probably have spent the next 3 pages obnoxiously slapfighting with him and I figured sparing the thread that was pro-town :j:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Dead Cow posted:

MMT, does your role say it doesn’t kill Hosts, or it doesn’t kill Host-aligned, specifically?

My shot doesn't kill Hosts, but it doesn't specifically say Host-aligned.

Hmmm that is potentially a good catch.

Dead Cow posted:

Hello everyone, is this thing on? I’m talking but no one seems to hear me

I took a time-out to eat lunch, sorry!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

On a re-read, my shot doesn't kill hosts, but can kill humans. I admittedly took it as a straightforward "live if town, die if scum".

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I may or may not have gotten sucked into watching actual Westworld because of this game :ohdear: I'm probably going to sleep soon but will be around more tomorrow.

I misunderstood something. I was taking family photos and didnt and read mmt follow up post.

##unvote

What exactly was your thought process behind the vote? I'm trying to follow along what misunderstanding prompted it and it's not coming to me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also, I believe that what DBD is saying is that in this game,

"hosts" = "Hosts aligned = town
"humans" = Human aligned = scum

So if we're a character who is a human being in the show but Host-aligned, for the purposes of the game they would be a host. Also, this is what RF is claiming. Cool.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I want to know if he claimed miller, yes.

No it doesn't make me think he is scum. D1 miller claims are good things. Clarification is good.

##vote 50

I encourage people to read through his post history and do a mental count of the actual amount of cases/alignment calls.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Gridlocked posted:

So with this clarification in mind MMT would you be willing to admit if the power you used works only on either Human (scum) or Host (town)?

It's ok if you don't want to

Keep in mind that I'm trying to be careful not to quote anything from my role PM.

I could shoot someone during the day, and while I could target anyone, my bullets don't kill hosts, but can kill humans. The Occam's Razor assumption, at least to me, is that it's as straightforward as "if I target town they live, if I target scum they die".

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

sentimental snail posted:

I would vote for rf. probably would not for kb, probably would for most others

Why wouldn't you vote for KB?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tolly Totes posted:

Let's focus our energy more positively!

Twin where are you at right now?

In my bed, trying and failing to go to sleep.

Respond to me. I'm in a turboposting kind of mood.

Tomorrow, definitely need to close the laptop soon. Did you ask me something that I missed?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

No, but before you mentioned that I hadn't made any reads I had called myself out on that, then proceeded to go back and give my in thread analysis, I want your opinions because your role lends to you being almost definitely town.

I'm willing to upgrade you to "null read" for now and will re-tackle this game tomorrow ##unvote

Oh for those who don't know, I work a graveyard shift and keep weird hours. I'm usually out in the evenings and most active in the mornings (PST).

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm here again!

Right now my assessment of the game is that Tolly, AA, and RF are all town. They've all done stuff that could be easily interpreted as suspicious, but in all three cases the way they've acted since being cased has changed my mind. Tolly explained what she was thinking as she did it, AA has shown a willingness to answer any cases thrown at him / seemed genuinely frustrated at the case on him, and the case on RF seems like mountains being made over molehills.

Lumpen posted:

I'm voting AA because his posts about "the end of jokephase" struck me as insincere, he acted overly indignant and flailed, he dodged questions, he got OMGUs-interested in pushing MMT who I think is Town, in general seems defensively voting only people who seem suspicious of him, then throws out what I consider a weak and bad case on snail. My gut tells me he's the best lynch I'm seeing today.

I suspect Tolly for 3rd-vote on D1, question dodging, and gut.

I'm re-reading over Lumpen and am starting to feel like he's scum.

I had the same opinion Lumpen did regarding AA at the start of the game - I thought the "end of jokephase" stuff was insincere too. But none of the other stuff Lumpen cites as reasons to be suspicious of AA really work for me:

(a) AA was indignant and accused me of being scum when I cased him, sure, but those are normal town reactions. I'dve been the same way if I were on the receiving end of that case. Lumpen: how would you expect a town AA to react compared to what you've seen this game?
(b) I don't really think AA was flailing or dodging questions. He made a few weird posts that seemed to be inspired by not having fully read everything, but again I think that's something town is more likely to do (:justpost: instead of holding back). Lumpen: can you provide any examples that pinged you?
(c) I can't imagine a world where town Lumpen would have a problem with AA's case on Snail, but not make a post interrogating the perceived flaws in it. He just mentions it offhandedly in a list of "why AA is suspicious".
(d) I also can't imagine a world where town Lumpen wouldn't have cased Snail (who was also notably left off his LumpenList) himself by now. Lumpen: what's your opinion of Snail?
(e) His opinion of Tolly doesn't seem to factor in her explanation of why she voted Tobbs. Lumpen: do you really think that was a scum plot on her part?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Forgot to ##vote Lumpen

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

sentimental snail posted:

I would vote for rf. probably would not for kb, probably would for most others

---

rf willfully tossed out a vote without reading to see what he was agreeing with, or even checking to see if he actually agreed with something.

I don't fault kb or anyone for not participating much or not putting out content on a day one weekend with 90% fluff. I'm not willing to vote him when that's the entire case.

I don't understand what's going on in most of this post. but I feel like the narrative being stuck on knowing or not knowing it's her second game is something that scum are totally content with, if not driving themselves.

it's all white noise detracting from a few things that should be looked at. here's one ##vote rf

If not Lumpen, Snail is my other top choice for scum. To me he reads exactly like I do when I'm scum and feel too far behind on the game to churn out fake opinions.

Also, the fact that he gives KB a pass while coming down on RF doesn't feel sincere to me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

really starting to get suspicious of 50. i don't believe his "mystery injection" claim. calling bullshit on that. he's pulled similar gambit poo poo before in previous games and i fell for it.

What game? The only one I know of was FS/N where he was town and you were scum, so based on my limited knowledge that seems like an odd thing to be suspicious of 50 for.

b-minus1 posted:

i honestly have no idea what you [Lando] are trying to figure out in your most recent posts. Especially when you're asking other players to comment on a specific player? maybe you're just overconfirned new town, but it really feels like you are playing with extra knowledge.

Can you be more specific what you mean by "playing with extra knowledge"? Are you saying that Lando asking Snail for Tobbs is scummy? And if playing with extra knowledge is scummy, why did you unvote Hiipfire?

quote:

also don't like how silent quid has been, considering he is usually a high volume poster and was implicated in a in a failed day action. mmt has gone radio silent too.

This feels like scum trying to force content. Why bring this up at all if not to case me or Quid?

quote:

not a fan of lynching lurkers (mr f, snail, flerp).

Lean scum: 50 pounds, AA, lando, rf

Lean town: tobbs, lumpen, merk, KB, mmt
Neutral on everyone else

I'll be around until deadline

To be clear: you lean town on Lumpen and KB, but are null on Quid?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Dancer posted:

SO can I try to ask people's honest opinions. Would you vote someone scummy who has had comparatively little interaction with the game, or someone slightly less scummy (but still scummy) who has interacted a lot, and the flip might gain us a lot of information?

Like, I still want to vote snail, I think he's in top 2 scummiest people, but I'd be willing to swap to someone slightly less suspect who happens to have more dirt on them that we can work with. For the record, here is my list again:

B-Minus lists Lumpen as town and mentions Snail as someone he'd want to vote out.
Lumpen hasn't given an opinion on B-Minus and was dismissive towards a case on Snail without giving an opinion of Snail himself.
Snail dropped a vote on RF and peaced out.

I'd vote for any of the three of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lumpen posted:

MMT and DGK strike me as likely Town based on the recent posts, and Tobbs likely Town based on votecount action.

---

I think 50 is probably Town despite the fact that also think his "mystery injection" story is an entirely fabricated and self-serving gambit.

---

Yeah RF I am satisfied and I think you're likely telling the truth and thus likely Town based on what you posted and what DBD posted and my PM.

---

merk, would you agree that putting a caseless OMGUS vote on someone makes them less likely to be lynched? I think you're probably Town, and I'd like to see you use your effort and vote more productively.

Also of note, I feel like Lumpen this game doesn't act suspicious of others enough to be town.

• Locked thread