Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

As an fyi, I'll be taking a more laid back approach this game. We'll see how it goes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hi

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lando131 posted:

If lurking has taught me anything it's that KB is a SK.
##vote King Burgundy

This isn't Final Fantasy mafia where that maxim is pretty close to 50/50 odds.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

EX TERRRRRR MINATE

I just started watching new who from season 1 with the kiddo. He likes it so far. We haven't gotten to the Dalek's yet.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus1 posted:

i love how everyone tries to justify their personal d1 criteria for nailing scum as mafia gospel lol

##vote b-minus1

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lando131 posted:

Hi this is my second game too. My first was 4 years ago. Im just slightly more informed because ive been reading Mafia games for fun again for the last few months.

Funny enough my router reset and ate a post i was making so I'll leave the gist of it here.
You could say KB is lurking by your current standards and everyone knows how much he hates lurkers. The game is barely 24 hours old and jokephase usually lasts longer than that. It seems too early to me to vote someone because they havent posted a serious opinion yet.

Read my second post in the thread. Also, fwiw, if you really read my last game, you'd even know why.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Don't think AA is scum.

Also, ##vote MMT

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

But yeah, nothing about AA's reaction to my case seemed out of the ordinary to how I'd expect town to react. D1 case, etc. etc.

I'm seriously hoping that KB's lack of anything to say is the result of it being the weekend, and if he's town I would like to humbly request that he put effort into this game.

Eh, establishing a new meta. I've already said what I'm doing this game. Its likely I'll post more on Monday when sitting at a computer, but still won't be a ton.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Btw current gut reads have shifted to Quid and AS.

##vote Quid

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Nice. ##unvote

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It's highly unlikely scum would have an ability like that.

Quid doesn't need to claim anything. Hell, even the flavor points strongly to him being a host.

^^^

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dancer posted:

A question for King Burgundy: Can you please actually justify one of your votes? Particularly in light of the MMT/Quid event, you need to change your vote anyway.

Feel free to assume anything I do this game is a gut read based on tone or meta until I spell something out because I think it is important.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Retro Futurist posted:

If she were a brutal daycop why would she waste her shot on day 1?

You answered your own question earlier. Because it clears herself and another and she might not get another chance.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dancer posted:

• King Burgundy
o Literally zero content, othen than a vote on MMT for no reason.
o Later a vote on Quid because of “gut read” (also gut read on AS)

• Mr. F!
o Who is this person

Hmmm.

KB: Literally zero content. Except this content. Also later this other content.
Mr. F!(The true literal zero): Who is this?

Really? Seems like someone has a bias.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Strongest gut call still on AS, I can also see what Tobbs is saying on Stickup and would vote(although it makes me feel bad since he stuck up for me).

##vote AS

Would also vote Mr.F for being the prime lurker. Weirded out by Dancer's post I quoted, but he's new so I'll leave him be for now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

50 pounds of bread posted:

I mean, your only content is lovely so I see what they are saying.

In case it wasn't clear. Wasn't objecting to the call out. I expect it with this play style. Was objecting to the differences in call outs of different posters. Seems to be giving me the most negative review despite someone else having literally zero posts other than "confirming".

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

This works? ##votecount

Not to my knowledge.

Votecount for Day 1

sentimental snail (3): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Anomalous Amalgam, Tobbs Gnawed, Dancer
Tobbs Gnawed (2): flerp, Anomalous Amalgam, Tolly Totes, Anomalous Amalgam, Atomic Soda, Atomic Soda, Tolly Totes, Hal Incandenza
Atomic Soda (2): King Burgundy, merk
Anomalous Amalgam (2): DGK2000, Gridlocked, Murmur Twin, b-minus1, merk, DGK2000, merk, Murmur Twin, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, b-minus1, Lumpen
Retro Futurist (2): Quidthulhu, merk, sentimental snail, merk
merk (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, HiipFire, HiipFire, DGK2000
HiipFire (1): Dancer, Dancer, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, b-minus1, b-minus1, Lando131
DGK2000 (1): HiipFire, merk, merk
King Burgundy (0): Lando131, Lando131, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Dancer, Dancer
Lumpen (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, sentimental snail, Lando131, Lando131, sentimental snail
Quidthulhu (0): Dead Cow, King Burgundy, Dead Cow, King Burgundy, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
b-minus1 (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
50 pounds of bread (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Dancer (0): Dancer, Dancer
flerp (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Tolly Totes (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Lando131, Lumpen, Lando131, Lumpen, Lumpen, Lando131, Lando131, Tobbs Gnawed, Lando131, Lando131, Lumpen
Lando131 (0): merk, merk, DGK2000, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, DGK2000
Murmur Twin (0): sentimental snail, sentimental snail, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, Retro Futurist, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, Retro Futurist

Not Voting (8): 50 pounds of bread, Atomic Soda, b-minus1, Dead Cow, Mr. F!, Murmur Twin, Retro Futurist, Tolly Totes

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 27th, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 4 hours.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Not fully caught up, but know that the number of people that think I'm suspicious for lurking but are giving Mr. F a pass is hilarious to me. I guess my new meta should be not posting at all in future games? You are trying to turn me into what I hate most and it is really really funny.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Gridlocked posted:

I trust MMT and Quid as Town due to MMT day action.

Lando is trying in earnest which makes me think he is also Town.

I'd like to see a real LumpenList in the future.

I don't wanna vote for Merk while he's voting for me because it seems like I'd just be getting into a poo poo slinging match. But he's barking up the wrong tree chasing me.

Frankly I still feel my current vote on AA is on someone who saw an easy hand and played it.

B- is not someone I've seen enough of to have a real gauge beyond generally participating. Same with snail.

Dancer is similar but more active.

50 was really into flavor debate which was a bit distracting, but it confused me too so I can't be a hypocrite.

Tolly had some back and fort with Tobbs early that caught my eye but I'm happy to assume that was standard long term player throwing poo poo at a wall tactics.

Everyone else are names I've not seen enough.

This was a whole lot of words to establish that he's only willing to vote for AA? I'm really not clear on who he actually thinks is scum if it is not just AA from this post.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm driving to Albuquerque for most of the day today so I will probably find a more effective spot than Tobbs to leave my vote in a bit in case I can't get back to the thread in time. I still have bad feelings on Tobbs but mostly it's lingering from my distaste from him being so self-defensive early on. Since then his posting has been alright, not super townie but nothing else he has done has jumped out at me.

Are you coming to visit me? ;-*

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tolly Totes posted:

Hi King,

What I specifically find weird about your self comparison to Mr. F is that obviously Mr. F is not posting, and I don't think people are necessarily giving that a pass as much as just having nothing to read. You are posting, but your posts are curt. This is different to not posting at all because it seems intentional, especially when you do stuff like just post a votecount. In the original post you quoted where Dancer said "Who is this" for Mr. F vs a read for you, I wasn't interpreting that as saying Mr. F was fine when you were not. I saw that as him saying Mr. F has posted nothing, which isn't a positive. That your first response to all criticism has been to point to a poster you think is worse than you, to the point that you do it before you've even read the thread is not encouraging either. Does that help clear things up here?

Nope. Because despite him posting nothing, he is lower on suspicion lists than I am. When the reason people are suspicious of me is lurking, that doesn't actually jive as a real opinion. However, since so many of you have it, you can't all be scum. In fairness, only my first game with the new meta, I'll see how this plays out after multiple before adjusting further, as I'd rather not become what I hate just to prove a point.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

KB, friend, the argument is that you're content lurking.

I'm absolutely not. Getting my alignment opinions on the record with every check in.

Content lurking would be only poo poo posting/flavor posting/game discussion.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tolly Totes posted:

Nobody is making you do anything.

Do you think Mr F should be voted today?

I'm always down for a lurker cuddle, yes. Especially in a game with no anti lurker rules. But there are also several other good choices.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

As the inventor of the term content lurking, I must disagree, Kingo. Getting your alignment opinions, without explanation whatsoever for how they are formed, is an avoidance of content. We need more than just your vote; we need your reasoning behind the vote.

The reasoning behind the vote is the content.

I'm approaching my arbitrary self imposed post limit, so going to cut this discussion off and debate it with you after game. But how do you explain your lack of thinking Mr F is scum for the same reasons then? By not posting at all he has somehow escaped your notice? This is part of why I'm doing this. The community as a whole ignores these posters who aren't even trying in favor of those who do. Feel free to not respond to this and just think about it. As I won't continue until post game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tolly Totes posted:

I just want to know if your frequent mentions of Mr. F are you pushing for a vote on him or just some whataboutism
Such as?

I paused catching up on the thread to talk in real time, so here are my last thoughts on the matter:

King Burgundy posted:

Strongest gut call still on AS, I can also see what Tobbs is saying on Stickup and would vote(although it makes me feel bad since he stuck up for me).

##vote AS

Would also vote Mr.F for being the prime lurker. Weirded out by Dancer's post I quoted, but he's new so I'll leave him be for now.

During my read this morning so far, I've also noticed Gridlock'd.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

sentimental snail posted:

I think there are more relevant options for the day

Can you remind us who they are? Who are your top picks? You still think RF is the best choice?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Caught up. I'd like to vote any of the following: AS, Stickup, Mr. F, Gridlock'd, Cow. Won't vote MMT/Quid/RF/Hiip/Lumpen/Merk today. (sorry MMT, want to see what happens with PR's tomorrow before making a call on those two)

For Tolly: I plan to stay in the bottom half of posters, so currently 9 more posts. Some of which will undoubtedly be vote changes as we approach deadline.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Seems people are really pushing for you KB.

Happy to confirm your N0 if you think it helps.

I appreciate the attempt here, but fwiw, would rather have waited till we saw who else voted for me before possibly giving them a reason not to. ;) Anyway, hold off saying anything more unless I'm really close to going(-3?), at which point you are free to share.

Generally, when I am proposing my typical let's cuddle a lurker strat, I always pick the most lurky individual. It's interesting how people are gung ho to do that but not voting that person.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

The poster with far and away more posts than anyone else has never been scum, to the best of my recollection.

FWIW, this isn't necessarily true. As an example, pretty sure I had highest post total as scum in a couple games.

I'll help consolidate things.

##vote stick

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I approve of our nightkillers.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

Fixed that for ya?

They are certainly kills after my own heart, but no.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus1 posted:

That’s what I don’t get either. In my experience the arsonist douses targets in gasoline andcsn choose to ignite at any time. Maybe injection works in a similar way?

The flavor equivalent for this game would be something like a worm/virus with a logic bomb. Rather then being a set time, it would be whenever they do the equivalent of ignite.

Probably worth waiting and seeing if anyone gets hit tomorrow now that flerp is dead. His flip said "erasing" survivor. Maybe he was a sort of SK that could trigger everyone to die by erasure later. If it was him, we won't have to worry about it anymore.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

Well, I got a mystery injection N1, so either he is Town, or else the mystery injector didn't have N0 action and 50 is the injector (or Scumbuddies with the injector) and cooked up a fake story about getting injected for future Town cred. I find that unlikely.

If someone claims they're Town and injected me, then 50 claiming injected D1 loses all exculpatory power. I think 50's playing pretty Town though anyway, I said that D1 even when I thought the injection stuff was an entirely fabricated gambit.

If I'm right and the mystery injections stop with flerp's death, then it doesn't really clear either of you given it looks like he was possibly on his own team. (Can't be 100% sure till we get someone that flips with another suit)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

You've had your settings messed with. That indicates you're a Host to me, since I had the same experience, unless there are 3 people who show up funny-talking today.

Since there's only one funny-talker so far in D2, one of the nightkills may have been the other intended target for setting-alteration last night, I infer.

I don't think this makes any sense at all from a game balance perspective. Why would scum have two of these people? And why would they use them on town if it just cleared them? And this in a game with a potential town brutal cop? Yeah, no. I'm willing to believe there are two of these reprogrammers, potentially(still waiting for a second person to claim today), but I doubt they are both on the same team if so. And I doubt it is as cut and dried as you are making it seem in terms of not affecting humans.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Erasing survivor is a weird flip. And if he did do the injections...Maybe he turns town into survivors?

If that were the case though, I wouldn't expect players to claim having been injected.

A more innocuous possibility is that it interferes with the post restrictions that seem to be affecting people.

RF mentioned it sounded like a arsonist, and that's what it sounds like to me too. Erasing a host would kill them. So depositing all these logic bombs into people and then "igniting" them later is something I could totally see.

I mean, if the injections stop like I think they will, I guess it doesn't matter too much what it would have done, since it won't happen now?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

flerp flipped Human-Aligned. That's Scum according to the OP and subsequent DBD posts. Whether the Scumteam knew he was also a Survivor is in doubt.
We have no idea what "Erasing Survivor" means as a role though.

Although from a setup design perspective that seems risky because he could potentially fulfill his win condition by outing the entire Scumteam as soon as the SK is gone?

Note this DBD note about alignments:

flerp - :c: Human-aligned Erasing Survivor (Survivor) has been carefully chopped up N1.

(Alignment specific roles are specified by the symbols, "Human" just means that they were not a Host.")

To me that indicated that we are going to see another suit appear potentially, indicating another team. So with Flerp as Survivor(possibly SK typed), that would mean we are still looking for an actual scum team.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I can confirm that

(a) I tried to search someone for an extra bullet and was told my action was unsuccessful (which I took to mean as "it didn't happen" as opposed to "you didn't find one"). The flavor involved getting drunk.
(b) Someone else successfully used an ability on me that made me think they're town, but I don't feel the need to claim it just yet.

I'd just like to point out that this means if anything, she was roleblocked, not jailed.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

3. He knew his role impacted her day action, so now (unless it’s obvious) if she fails in the shot we even learn less than we did with the yesterday version - assuming her claim is true.

This part super bothers me. You know your ability has a chance to stop the potential town brutal cop from functioning and you use it on them? But then also, why claim it like that? Nonsensical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

KB you're repeating my case on DKG2000, gonna vote it?

Yeah, probably. I'm just a bit confused about why DGK would claim. The actions make sense for scum, but the claim doesn't. Why claim it like that if scum? In trying to think it through I'm not really sure of a good town reason for DGK to claim like that at that point either though, so I guess it's a wash.

##vote DGK

• Locked thread