Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Oh i thought it was a day action. My apologies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

you mean FSN where you lied constantly about your abilities? I thought Nat said it was the "immediately trying to vig him" part that was damning, though.

as for you lying about roles, I definitely remember you doing that last game as town but that might be the only game I've actually played with you. (I'm not counting Shine where you were in the other thread and very quickly died) Token says its just a thing you do as town OR scum?

Eh, it depends how I feel, but yeah, I do things as either. Usually do less risky stuff when I'm scum.

The vigging nat was because jonjoe was scum, and the other flipped dude marked nat20 and tired moritz, so I was picking between the two, I chose nat20 because I think they are scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hm, hey Nat, since you declared me your senpai, does keeping the protection up still count as "doing something after school", even if you don't need to actively send any actions about it to Pod?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

hm, hey Nat, since you declared me your senpai, does keeping the protection up still count as "doing something after school", even if you don't need to actively send any actions about it to Pod?

I think this game is being mechanically considered entirely separate.

Almost like we are in the shadow realm.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

50 pounds of bread posted:

The vigging nat was because jonjoe was scum, and the other flipped dude marked nat20 and tired moritz, so I was picking between the two, I chose nat20 because I think they are scum.

jon joe is now showing in the OP of the old thread as an SK. (check the spoilerblock flip list) I don't believe a word of any of that "oh no, my role is nice and protective exactly like what Nat claimed already!" bullshit.

If you really think him and flerp are in cahoots to "prove" that protection on me though, I wouldn't mind flipping flerp to test :3:

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Like, my character reset, but I was given a second tab that retained my school president character sheet. Did anyone who mentioned their sheet changing have the same thing going on?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
What motivation do I need to understand?

You're scum, I know you're scum, you thought you had me dead yesterday, but I had a trump card which was my superdoc claim.

We hammered JJ faster than you had time to react so you couldn't just vig me.

So you tried it as soon as possible this morning without realising that you'd lost your presidency.

It screams of panic.

Let's be clear, one of my major motivations behind saying 50 was scum yesterday is that I thought he was faking his role and I was entirely correct.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I guess I would be down for that, but it's also possible nat20 got some sort of benefit from it as scum.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Natural 20 posted:

What motivation do I need to understand?

You're scum, I know you're scum, you thought you had me dead yesterday, but I had a trump card which was my superdoc claim.

We hammered JJ faster than you had time to react so you couldn't just vig me.

So you tried it as soon as possible this morning without realising that you'd lost your presidency.

It screams of panic.

Let's be clear, one of my major motivations behind saying 50 was scum yesterday is that I thought he was faking his role and I was entirely correct.

If you think making up a role to ensure I had control over an unknown power is scummy, I have a bridge to sell you.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

My role changed. I hyperdoc both of us as long as we walk together.

I can give you the flavour on why that's the case if you need me to.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Natural 20 posted:

Oh hey look, a personal benefit.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

If you think making up a role to ensure I had control over an unknown power is scummy, I have a bridge to sell you.

Yes it is, especially if you then do a bunch of scummy things in the role. Like trying to murder a person who rightfully questioned whether your role was real.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

uh, sure, can't hurt to claim flavor when you already claimed a role I guess

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Natural 20 posted:

Yes it is, especially if you then do a bunch of scummy things in the role. Like trying to murder a person who rightfully questioned whether your role was real.

That's not why I picked you. I picked you because you were on the shortlist of a flipped town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

this is starting to sound a bit too good to be true though I gotta tell ya. Before it just sounded like that Seraph Knight role Birb dug up for MGS modified to be a 3P, but now we're like invulnerable together? whaa?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

uh, sure, can't hurt to claim flavor when you already claimed a role I guess

You noticed me, when we're together I feel invincible, like nothing can ever harm us. But when we're apart I feel so scared and alone.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

this is starting to sound a bit too good to be true though I gotta tell ya. Before it just sounded like that Seraph Knight role Birb dug up for MGS modified to be a 3P, but now we're like invulnerable together? whaa?

I assume it's because if I fail to convince my senpai to trust me the role is garbage. Additionally it also nerfs my senpai since it effectively jails them each night.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Senpai noticed you huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq7B44odQ00

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

You noticed me, when we're together I feel invincible, like nothing can ever harm us. But when we're apart I feel so scared and alone.

hahahahaha sure ok, might as well give it a go hey

if you're scum that made up a role that requires never NKing me to preserve your credibility well good on ya, I say

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

Additionally it also nerfs my senpai since it effectively jails them each night.

lucky for you, even if I wasn't VT I never mind playing like one

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

There's a new thread??

Ok gimme a bit to read.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
who wants to hold my hand... during school? :wink:

is the handholding system basically just the prisoner's dilemma

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
tbh i dont get why people think token female is very town? they play like they're scum who have no content and just spend all day asking questions to get other people to :justpost:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Lol, if a scum had become president they would have gotten a free vigkill.

I lied to ensure a townie got it. Simple as that.

Feel free to lynch me, I knew full well that was the cost of keeping the presidency out of scums hands.

This is a good reason for 50 pulling the cop claim gambit that he did. Also something town 50 would definitely try.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Natural 20 posted:

Sorry, I need to get my bearings.

I'm currently unsure if my powers functioned correctly over N3 so I'm making a few queries about that with the mods.

I would nominate Bif over TF.

I'm at work, I'll do some detailed casing tonight.

I think 50 is scum and his attempt to murder me immediately without even attempting to figure out what was going on in game is pretty damning.

I'm not dropping a vote until I at least know what happened on my N3 and probably won't until we have more of an idea of what's going on in general.

????

This makes it sound like you have some other action at night besides the one you claimed. I thought you just targeted Bif at the start of the game and then your ability was Good to Go. What did you do on night 3 that needs checking up on??

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

The Ninth Layer posted:

This is a good reason for 50 pulling the cop claim gambit that he did. Also something town 50 would definitely try.

None of us knew what the president could do, iirc

It’s not impossible that I missed it but I doubt it.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i still think we should lunch 50 just to keep them honest

but beyond that, i've got no idea, the change to my role and flavor has me all twisted

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I think I got a typo in my student card

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
two power roles died in the last thread because they wont post

sad.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Ya I'm not happy about 2 trackers dying :-/

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
We lost a watcher too. And I think we've proven that there's a tleast one more watcher here and another person who can visit. I think we're probably fine on power roles.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
Bif, your vote on me is terrible.

I read the post count thing as an anti lurker mechanic, but after the events at the last school it appears it's an actual game mechanic. That's a huge difference in the way people would treat posting. All the low posters who are gone either through the night kills or the mod mechanic have been town.

So I posit that there's something that let the scum know that the post count stuff was more than "hey you jerks, post something". You having a reactionary vote on me because you're the one I recalled having an unusually high post count is terrible and you should feel bad.

##nominate Token Female

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

tbh i dont get why people think token female is very town? they play like they're scum who have no content and just spend all day asking questions to get other people to :justpost:

Because she actually cased people? And made points?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

The Ninth Layer posted:

????

This makes it sound like you have some other action at night besides the one you claimed. I thought you just targeted Bif at the start of the game and then your ability was Good to Go. What did you do on night 3 that needs checking up on??

1. Actually read D3.

2. My role tells me if someone tries to hurt Bif. On D2 I got a message saying I'd stopped something N1, which was a flerp vig. Flerp tried again on N2. On D2 I didn't get a result at all, be it positive or negative on someone trying to hurt Bif. I queried Pera about it and it turns out it was a mod error and I should have been given a message on D3 saying that someone tried to kill Bif N2.

Today I emerged with a change to my powerset and no message from N3. I checked with Pera again and was told that my message for N3 was that nobody tried to harm Bif.

That's why I needed clarification and was confused in general at the day open.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Natural 20 posted:

1. Actually read D3.

2. My role tells me if someone tries to hurt Bif. On D2 I got a message saying I'd stopped something N1, which was a flerp vig. Flerp tried again on N2. On D2 I didn't get a result at all, be it positive or negative on someone trying to hurt Bif. I queried Pera about it and it turns out it was a mod error and I should have been given a message on D3 saying that someone tried to kill Bif N2.

Today I emerged with a change to my powerset and no message from N3. I checked with Pera again and was told that my message for N3 was that nobody tried to harm Bif.

That's why I needed clarification and was confused in general at the day open.

Did you pick Bif, or was Bif assigned to you

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Dead Cow posted:

Did you pick Bif, or was Bif assigned to you

I picked Bif D1. I made a large number of posts over the day hinting at this.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tired Moritz posted:

This simply wasn't true.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Dead Cow posted:

Because she actually cased people? And made points?

Literally anybody in the world can do this. The cases she made D1 and D2 are null because a chimp with a typewriter could have made a coherent case on almost anyone those days. Just making cases isn't a town tell and never has been. I've seen scum make absolutely stellar cases.

The cases D3 were on me and Sal. The case on Sal was that Sal was posting white noise. This pings me because early Sal is basically the easiest case to make in Mafia and is usually a trivial lynch to forward. I know because it's literally something I did:

Get a new Avatar Mafia, D2, Nat20 as Scum, Sal as Town

The case on me subsequently is because I laughed off a moronic statement where a mafia player literally wonders why a moderator for a vote might not want to bias the results of that vote.

But to take it more seriously. Her case on me was this:

quote:

Natural 20: There were a lot of posts about finding the president but none about finding scum. Didn't even vote for president. Never commented about how 50 totally has a made up role until now. Has been really impartial until that last post. Like on day 2 at some point I checked the OP to see if Natural 20 was a co-mod. Compared to chic and LCR (below), Natural 20 is actually trying, which is maybe makes him (?) more scummy in my eyes of the three. Also his biggest scum read is someone we cannot vote out, for a reason that he could have mentioned on day 2 while Natural 20 was spending time/effort counting the nominations. I'm not saying that 50 is town or scum, but calling him scum will have little immediate outcome.

So the complaints read as "Nat20 didn't make reads D1/D2," which is mad because about 90% of the thread didn't make cases D1 and D2 I specifically avoided doing so so we'd actually have a president at the end.

The secondary case is then that "Nat20 calling 50 scum isn't helpful," when I was entirely correct about 50 lying about his role. Even were I not correct, pointing out that the president might well be scum does have an immediate outcome because it means that we ideally take presidential directives into more scrutiny.

I brought a lot of D3 on myself because I thought this case was absurd and laughed it off, but it's a bad case to begin with. When I pull my trump card of being a doc she has nothing to actually say and doesn't case anyone further despite being around.

I'm not going to nom TF for president, I have a null read on her at best. By comparative Bif is confirmed town for me and imo is doing herself a massive disservice by conflating this presidential role with the role that she had in Soldiers.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Flerp were you an unlimited shot night vig?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Natural 20 posted:

Literally anybody in the world can do this. The cases she made D1 and D2 are null because a chimp with a typewriter could have made a coherent case on almost anyone those days. Just making cases isn't a town tell and never has been. I've seen scum make absolutely stellar cases.

The cases D3 were on me and Sal. The case on Sal was that Sal was posting white noise. This pings me because early Sal is basically the easiest case to make in Mafia and is usually a trivial lynch to forward. I know because it's literally something I did:

Get a new Avatar Mafia, D2, Nat20 as Scum, Sal as Town

The case on me subsequently is because I laughed off a moronic statement where a mafia player literally wonders why a moderator for a vote might not want to bias the results of that vote.

But to take it more seriously. Her case on me was this:

So the complaints read as "Nat20 didn't make reads D1/D2," which is mad because about 90% of the thread didn't make cases D1 and D2 I specifically avoided doing so so we'd actually have a president at the end.

The secondary case is then that "Nat20 calling 50 scum isn't helpful," when I was entirely correct about 50 lying about his role. Even were I not correct, pointing out that the president might well be scum does have an immediate outcome because it means that we ideally take presidential directives into more scrutiny.

I brought a lot of D3 on myself because I thought this case was absurd and laughed it off, but it's a bad case to begin with. When I pull my trump card of being a doc she has nothing to actually say and doesn't case anyone further despite being around.

I'm not going to nom TF for president, I have a null read on her at best. By comparative Bif is confirmed town for me and imo is doing herself a massive disservice by conflating this presidential role with the role that she had in Soldiers.

Eh, bif may not be town. She hasn't been harmed and had the top count in the game prior to transferring.

Based on what we inferred about the first thread, the lurker deaths were probably mechanics just as much as they were lurker clearing, and seeing as everyone was town or 3p that flipped.

I'd say that bif isn't above suspicion.

• Locked thread