Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Dead Cow posted:

Right, so if 50 is scum, as president, would he have raised the cut off to just below one of his scum buddies? take out like 3 or 4 town at once? Cause that sounds like a pretty good deal for scum to use.

This makes no sense when you realize further that the post count restriction was posted at the beginning of the day, rather then sprung on us at the end. Any of the three people who died could've shitposted to 30. Chic was literally at 29 posts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

The Ninth Layer posted:

Flerp were you an unlimited shot night vig?

one shot but the attempts to kill bif didnt use up the charge

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

flerp posted:

one shot but the attempts to kill bif didnt use up the charge

i was also informed on the second attempt that if i tried to kill bif again i would lose my charge which in retrospect was foreshadowing to this weird switch-a-roo

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Dead Cow posted:

You are officially Not Reading This Thread apparently. Good job.

##vote Juchero

i am most definitely reading the thread but nice vote there

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Dead Cow posted:

Can some other people comment now? I'm kinda done talking to Bif and Nat20 for a while.

almost as good as this

"waaaa someone else engage me and my terrible opinions"

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

50 pounds of bread posted:

Don't worry guys, i am secretly ultimate copwatch jailer. I get to copwatchjail one person indefinitely and on d3 the copwatchjail makes me invincible too!

yeah it's kinda insane and aside from the thread swap itself (and the mess it made of my poor, poor character sheet) there haven't been any disgustingly weird things like that role

but also he and flerp basically supported each other's claims, and I don't really feel like testing that when we could policy lynch you instead

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

ok you can explain it for me then

1. The scumkill for some reason kills people with lowest postcount
2. A member of scumteam becomes president, and raises the minimum post count to not die to X, where X is just under his buddies post count
3. Everybody below that new post count bar is killed, mostly lurkers.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Nat20 being a superdoc watcher who changes his alignment to his target is a big pill to swallow, that said if he's telling the truth then flerp is basically cleared as town. I can't imagine that scum had two nightkills, I suppose flerp could be a second serial killer but it doesn't seem very likely.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Juchero posted:

probably pretty good cuz they're scum

Do you have a case on 50 beyond that he lied about the cop claim? You've been sitting on him for a few days now but I haven't seen you explain why you are so convinced he's scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

give head or get dead posted:

1. The scumkill for some reason kills people with lowest postcount
2. A member of scumteam becomes president, and raises the minimum post count to not die to X, where X is just under his buddies post count
3. Everybody below that new post count bar is killed, mostly lurkers.

ok I don't see how this makes Dead Cow's point any less weirdly defended, or his original post any less meaningless fluff. Remember the point here is to find a scum (in this case, Dead Cow), not get even more mired in overanalyzing his completely valueless setup spec of "what if the scum could've been specially clued in so they didnt need super brains to find the hidden mod post and be smart enough to not die from lack of posting"

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Bifauxnen posted:

ok I don't see how this makes Dead Cow's point any less weirdly defended, or his original post any less meaningless fluff. Remember the point here is to find a scum (in this case, Dead Cow), not get even more mired in overanalyzing his completely valueless setup spec of "what if the scum could've been specially clued in so they didnt need super brains to find the hidden mod post and be smart enough to not die from lack of posting"

I think the point dead cow was actually making was a defense of fitty based on our ex-president not messing with post requirements, but I'm honestly still not certain and I think it's not great anyway

––––––
As a side note, I'm not policy lynching fitty just because he lied about being a cop (fun as that is), but rather because he lied about being a cop to grab a position likely considered enticing to scum; the thread was kinda eating itself alive, but coming to a natural consensus on president is more likely to result in a town president than scum, so I just don't buy "Oh I needed to absolutely make sure this was kept safe" as a real motivation

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX, here is the original post from Dead cow that O first reacted to:

Dead Cow posted:

I'm concerned that the scum team might have known that post count was super important. I don't have much meta, but who was posting more than they usually do? Wasn't Bif one of them?

so hes worried that scum might've had some advance warning or something that there would be mechanics for mass lurker culling? And he thinks thats why I post so much? :v:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oh yeah that seems a bit fake and it also came out of absolute nowhere

right after he decided to go rolefishing on me

hmm

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Anyone that has played with Bif before knows that she is a super high volume poster in these games, saying Bif is scum based on the fact that she posts a lot is laughable at best.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

The Ninth Layer posted:

Do you have a case on 50 beyond that he lied about the cop claim? You've been sitting on him for a few days now but I haven't seen you explain why you are so convinced he's scum.

basically lynch all liars

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Juchero posted:

basically lynch all liars

U don't know me!

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

SalTheBard posted:

Anyone that has played with Bif before knows that she is a super high volume poster in these games, saying Bif is scum based on the fact that she posts a lot is laughable at best.

I wasn't sure if Bif was one of the people, I was asking BECAUSE I don't know that Bif is a super high volume poster.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Dead Cow posted:

I wasn't sure if Bif was one of the people, I was asking BECAUSE I don't know that Bif is a super high volume poster.

But instead of asking a question you just threw Bifs name out for no reason.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

GeneX posted:

Oh yeah that seems a bit fake and it also came out of absolute nowhere

right after he decided to go rolefishing on me

hmm

I didn't go rolefishing, I was trying to see what changed in the character sheets. You'd already said you were a power role and that your role changed.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

The question marks indicate the question. Jesus Christ Sal, at least go through my post history before thinking I didn't do something

SalTheBard posted:

But instead of asking a question you just threw Bifs name out for no reason.

Dead Cow posted:

I'm concerned that the scum team might have known that post count was super important. I don't have much meta, but who was posting more than they usually do? Wasn't Bif one of them?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

The answer would be
"No, Bif usually posts a lot, that's not unusual"
or
"XYZ is posting way more than usual, maybe you're right Dead Cow!"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

The answer would be
"No, Bif usually posts a lot, that's not unusual"
or
"XYZ is posting way more than usual, maybe you're right Dead Cow!"

and, as I originally pointed out, this question had been asked already in the last thread. and it was answered with several resounding "no"s

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think meta justifications about post count aren't going to find the scum.

So bif is in no way cleared imo.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Dead Cow posted:

I didn't go rolefishing, I was trying to see what changed in the character sheets. You'd already said you were a power role and that your role changed.

Oh, looking back, I actually misinterpreted your question.

Yeah, okay.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

GeneX, here is the original post from Dead cow that O first reacted to:

so hes worried that scum might've had some advance warning or something that there would be mechanics for mass lurker culling?
Yes, that's what my theory is.

Bifauxnen posted:

And he thinks thats why I post so much? :v:
I pulled your name because I remember saying something about you having 140+ posts and it stuck

I went back through your posts, and if my theory is pretty correct then have I got a lead for you
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847492&userid=166831&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post481364261

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I’m not saying low post count is a litmus test but unusual game play is definitely suspicious. This isn’t a new concept I made up.

Bifauxnen posted:

you're posting unusually frequently....

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think meta justifications about post count aren't going to find the scum.

So bif is in no way cleared imo.

You find scum your way, I'll find scum my way?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

Yes, that's what my theory is.

I pulled your name because I remember saying something about you having 140+ posts and it stuck

I went back through your posts, and if my theory is pretty correct then have I got a lead for you
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847492&userid=166831&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post481364261
[/quote]

yes, NGO was in fact the one who brought up how they were surprised I was posting so much, it was some amusing irony

wow you sure found that fast seeing as I have soooo many posts, its almost like you actually remember that existing postcount discussion more than you first appeared! Or like you're reaching for anything you can to try and make it look like you actually have a point.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dead Cow posted:

You find scum your way, I'll find scum my way?

I'm on your side here lol

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

yes, NGO was in fact the one who brought up how they were surprised I was posting so much, it was some amusing irony

wow you sure found that fast seeing as I have soooo many posts, its almost like you actually remember that existing postcount discussion more than you first appeared! Or like you're reaching for anything you can to try and make it look like you actually have a point.

I remembered it wrong actually, the post that I remembered the most was you saying that you felt like you hadn't been posting as much as you had been. I went back to see why I remembered it differently.

But that's even more evidence.

##vote NevergirlsOFFICIAL

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Its very weird that you remember NGO saying bif posting too much or bif saying she wasnt posting as much aa usual but not when people were loling at the idea that bif is usualy a low content poster

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
:munch:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Dead Cow posted:

Interesting, you had the ability to save some people by decreasing it, but did not. How does it feel to have their deaths on your hands?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bad post

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bad post

Tired I'm too lazy rn to look up that post where AA was all "wow Bif, we're actually in sync on these last few posts??" but pretend I quoted it and crossed out my name to replace with yours

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Podima posted:

Sixth - and perhaps most importantly - the students need a strong voice. They need a student council president. Everyone may ##nominate their choice for this illustrious role during the first day of school - the one with the most nominations at the end of the day will be chosen. We don't have time to dispense with pointless elections or obfuscate the selection process - we need leadership. The president, once elected, will have several additional responsibilities at school - but most importantly, they will ҉have the weight of two students' voices in deciding who to accuse of being a murderous bear.

what does the "weight of two students' voices" mean, anyway?

Bifauxnen posted:

Tired I'm too lazy rn to look up that post where AA was all "wow Bif, we're actually in sync on these last few posts??" but pretend I quoted it and crossed out my name to replace with yours

is that good? im not good at mafia after all

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

Probably a doublevote.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
double vote prob

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
oh that makes sense. I thought they got to recruit two people as mason pals to act as advisors

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Tired Moritz posted:

Probably gets two vote.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Token Female posted:

Probably gets two vote.

Probably should have refreshed the page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I don't like that Nat20 began the game as non-town. I can believe the role to the extent I think that the post on beginning day 2 is real. Flerp (who still in my mind somehow feels tied into this because of the connection to JJ) I think confirmed that he tried to kill Bif on night 2. So that feels like it checks out. However, I don't think it really confirms that Bif is town. And I definitely don't think it means that there was an alignment change. Also if this is a game where your alignment can change, that's gross.

I'm going to look over the last thread for people with a lot of white noise kind of posts. I forget who brought it up now, but it feels like how JJ was posting, it seems likely that other scum were doing the same. Probably not as blatant as JJ though.

• Locked thread