Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

keep in mind jon joe's "troublemaker" flip is now showing as an SK, not scum. This means he probably didn't have any team to coordinate or strategise with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Bifauxnen posted:

keep in mind jon joe's "troublemaker" flip is now showing as an SK, not scum. This means he probably didn't have any team to coordinate or strategise with.

Where is that? I can't find that anywhere.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
OP of the other thread.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Token Female posted:

I'm going to look over the last thread for people with a lot of white noise kind of posts. I forget who brought it up now, but it feels like how JJ was posting, it seems likely that other scum were doing the same. Probably not as blatant as JJ though.

That was me that brought up the high volume / low content. It was being used as the case against me. I pointed out that I at least was engaging in good faith whereas JJ was spamming 1 word posts and obsessively worrying about his post count.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

SalTheBard posted:

That was me that brought up the high volume / low content. It was being used as the case against me. I pointed out that I at least was engaging in good faith whereas JJ was spamming 1 word posts and obsessively worrying about his post count.

That's not a high bar to clear though.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Token Female posted:

That's not a high bar to clear though.

I'm sorry I'm not sure what you mean.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I think we need to talk about Juchero;

Here is a link to the post history in the other thread. It's really kind of a pain to get quotes from closed threads, so I'm going to do my best here, but please click the link. It's short. One page

Theme 1: Confusion.

Juchero posted:

real talk I am very confused by this day 1

Juchero posted:

the whole election thing has me shook considering how dangerous a scum president could be

Juchero posted:

oh boy i knew electing a president was no good!

this is all very distracting!
[quote]
[quote="Juchero"]
still not sure what exactly is going on in this game except that very few people are taking university life seriously!

Juchero posted:

oh well look at that, I can understand what's going on again

on one hand, that is a good breadcrumb and a role I would expect from this game

on the other hand, I am no stranger to incredible scum claims

hmmm
I am someone who does think that posting about how you are confused a bunch is a most likely a scum post to disguise from posting content. I understand that not everyone feels this way, and maybe this is town that is just bored by not having anything concrete to work with, but that's a bunch of posts to that effect.

Theme 2: Vote history/scum hunting etc.

We don't get much scum hunting but we do get some soft townie reads:

Juchero posted:

not feeling the Kash case much either, his responses have been reading more as over eager town than they have as scummy

in a game this big there is definitely a case to lunch a lurker but maybe not after last night's flips
This was just before the deadline when it looked like Kash was the only thing going to happen. Possible that it's scum knowing that Kash will flip town. Getting on the right side of history. That might be a stretch, but there's no comments about Kash earlier so it's impossible to know what Juchero's earlier stance on Kash was. Also right after this post Juchero votes for Tobbs as a lurker vote. I'll show it below. I'm not saying that it's a bad vote per say, but it's interesting after the hesitation shown above.

Juchero posted:

still don't support the LD case, i just don't think she was trying to intentionally mislead anyone
It's kind of hard to use 'still' when this is your first post on the subject, but fine.

Here are the posts of suspicion:

Juchero posted:

##list 1. bread 2. also bread
I talked about this when talking about Nat20. This is a useless list of two people you think are scum. I do think it's fine to say that you are suspicious of 50. However, there's nothing that could be done about it then. Also there's no one out there that you find to be scummy that we could maybe vote on? There's no real suspicions given otherwise on day 3. Like we really don't even have anything at the deadline, which is a little bit puzzling to me since Juchero was there (see the above post reacting to Nat20's claim.) Nothing about should we go for one of Sal/Nat20/JJ. Just kind of nothing.

Also here are all of Day 1/2 votes:

Juchero posted:

there are too many dogs on the campus now!

##vote asiina
This is like a few hours before the deadline on day 1. Doesn't come back. That's it for day 1.

Juchero posted:

are you for real

##vote tobbs

cmon people
This is response to someone saying that Tobb had 4 posts total. I think this vote is fine.

However, this is the extent of Juchero's scum hunting. I'm not including the one post from this thread voting 50. That's a continence from before I guess. I have seen no posts about anyone else being scum or being town, or even commenting on things happening in the thread otherwise.

Also one last thing:

Juchero posted:

i am was watcher

now am not

saw iron chef ramen visit nat 20 last night
Why? Like why do this at all. Or if you are going to claim your actions, why not post all of them. Like if you watched someone go to a player that died in the night, sure, that's a good thing to claim. But Nat20 didn't die, so why do this at all, especially if you aren't going to claim your actions for night 1 or night 2. Why are we just saying what happened that one night? Doesn't feel like it's to help the town at all. Feels like it's a way to seem like you could be useful.

##vote Juchero

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

SalTheBard posted:

I'm sorry I'm not sure what you mean.

I was trying to convey that JJ's post history was real lackluster. I hope everyone has not as much white noise as him.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I'm headed out for the rest of the night. I'm celebrating a career milestone that happened this week. I'm pretty excited.

I'm going to reread Sal and NGO in the morning.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Also

##nominate token female

Why not

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Token Female posted:

I was trying to convey that JJ's post history was real lackluster. I hope everyone has not as much white noise as him.

O ya that makes sense sorry! I like your case on Juchero though. I plan on taking a look at Juchero, 50 and Nat20 later tonight.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##Nominate Token Female you've been a real force this game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ooh I like that Juchero case. When you lay it all out like that it looks a lot stronger than this stuff I'm poking Dead Cow about.

##vote Juchero

Dead Cow is still on the suspects list though, and I'm gonna keep an eye on give head for backing him up for no good reason. I had a bad feeling about him earlier too, but I can't remember why.. if I get pinged any more I'll do up a more proper case though.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I feel like that case boils down to "Juchero says he's confused a lot, has been useless, and might have been lightly grabbing towncred a few times," which, sure, that's not bad at all. However: I'm not sure why he'd claim that thing with chef visiting Nat 20 as scum, keeping that info to his team seems like it would be much more useful.

Maybe I'm playing "that makes no sense for scum" games in my head and overthinking it, but I'd say that it's a point in the town direction, if anything, rather than the converse.

I'd rather lynch the fake cop

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
oh hi, I didn't even know this thread existed until Pod PM'd it to me because I saw the original post pre-edit and didn't see the link.

I was wondering if this game would ever open back up.

I've read absolutely nothing is this even still mafia and frankly I'm busy all night so bye 7 pages worth of thread.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

oh hi, I didn't even know this thread existed until Pod PM'd it to me because I saw the original post pre-edit and didn't see the link.

I've read absolutely nothing is this even still mafia and frankly I'm busy all night so bye 7 pages worth of thread.
New Game+

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah frankly this whole thing makes me really angry, so I'm going to walk away right now and maybe I'll feel like playing later.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Token Female posted:

I think we need to talk about Juchero;

Here is a link to the post history in the other thread. It's really kind of a pain to get quotes from closed threads, so I'm going to do my best here, but please click the link. It's short. One page

Theme 1: Confusion.

I am someone who does think that posting about how you are confused a bunch is a most likely a scum post to disguise from posting content. I understand that not everyone feels this way, and maybe this is town that is just bored by not having anything concrete to work with, but that's a bunch of posts to that effect.

Theme 2: Vote history/scum hunting etc.

We don't get much scum hunting but we do get some soft townie reads:

This was just before the deadline when it looked like Kash was the only thing going to happen. Possible that it's scum knowing that Kash will flip town. Getting on the right side of history. That might be a stretch, but there's no comments about Kash earlier so it's impossible to know what Juchero's earlier stance on Kash was. Also right after this post Juchero votes for Tobbs as a lurker vote. I'll show it below. I'm not saying that it's a bad vote per say, but it's interesting after the hesitation shown above.

It's kind of hard to use 'still' when this is your first post on the subject, but fine.

Here are the posts of suspicion:

I talked about this when talking about Nat20. This is a useless list of two people you think are scum. I do think it's fine to say that you are suspicious of 50. However, there's nothing that could be done about it then. Also there's no one out there that you find to be scummy that we could maybe vote on? There's no real suspicions given otherwise on day 3. Like we really don't even have anything at the deadline, which is a little bit puzzling to me since Juchero was there (see the above post reacting to Nat20's claim.) Nothing about should we go for one of Sal/Nat20/JJ. Just kind of nothing.

Also here are all of Day 1/2 votes:

This is like a few hours before the deadline on day 1. Doesn't come back. That's it for day 1.

This is response to someone saying that Tobb had 4 posts total. I think this vote is fine.

However, this is the extent of Juchero's scum hunting. I'm not including the one post from this thread voting 50. That's a continence from before I guess. I have seen no posts about anyone else being scum or being town, or even commenting on things happening in the thread otherwise.

Also one last thing:

Why? Like why do this at all. Or if you are going to claim your actions, why not post all of them. Like if you watched someone go to a player that died in the night, sure, that's a good thing to claim. But Nat20 didn't die, so why do this at all, especially if you aren't going to claim your actions for night 1 or night 2. Why are we just saying what happened that one night? Doesn't feel like it's to help the town at all. Feels like it's a way to seem like you could be useful.

##vote Juchero

Solid case.

I did claim my night 1 action, however, in the other thread.

You're right that I've been staying under the radar, but that was because I seem to come off suspicious when I really engage as town and die before I can accomplish much. I was a tutor originally, a watcher who watched Chic visit Kashuno n1, no one visit Li Dawny n2, and Iron Chef visit n20 n3.

I have a different role now, but I am still town, and I am not sure if you want me to divulge that.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
The question I ask is, do you think I am scum, or just lazy town?

If the former, what exactly have I done to benefit the scum team's objectives?

If the latter, why are you voting me when we have only found a single SK?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Why would she have voted for you if she thought you were lazy town?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

yeah ok ##vote juchero what kind of dumb question is that

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Episode 1

Juchero (3): Dead Cow, Dead Cow, Token Female, Bifauxnen, curiousCat
50 pounds of bread (2): Juchero, Bifauxnen, GeneX, curiousCat, Bifauxnen, curiousCat
NevergirlsOFFICIAL (1): Dead Cow
Natural 20 (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, 50 pounds of bread
Dead Cow (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
flerp (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (11): Anomalous Amalgam, Asiina, Atomic Soda, flerp, give head or get dead, Iron Chef Ramen, Natural 20, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, SalTheBard, The Ninth Layer, Tired Moritz

With 18 in attendance, it's 10 votes to exclude someone. The current schoolday ends on February 24th, 2018 at midnight EST -- that's in about 1 day.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Asiina posted:

Yeah frankly this whole thing makes me really angry, so I'm going to walk away right now and maybe I'll feel like playing later.

What why

This is actually really fun now and you keep posting the spooky ghost dog from NbC.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I think maybe the threadswap should have been handled by a spooky, zalgo text'd mass PM from Pod and/or pera on the topic

instead of just hoping everyone meanders in

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

I think maybe the threadswap should have been handled by a spooky, zalgo text'd mass PM from Pod and/or pera on the topic

instead of just hoping everyone meanders in

well yes that would be the more proper way to handle it, but that would spoil all the joy of discovery

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

well yes that would be the more proper way to handle it, but that would spoil all the joy of discovery

the "joy of discovery" seems to mean "people wandering in a day late, staring at 7 pages of discussion, and turning right the hell around"

a case for function over form, imo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

the "joy of discovery" seems to mean "people wandering in a day late, staring at 7 pages of discussion, and turning right the hell around"

a case for function over form, imo

but it's fun mindfuck shenanigans, who doesn't like fun mindfuck shenanigans

besides Asiina :v:

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Is the third game in this series going to turn into a Nonary Game/Anime Saw?

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Also who wants to walk home with me tonight?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Asiina posted:

Same thing happened to me, don't feel too bad.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Do we want to discuss the walking home thing as a group?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Also who wants to walk home with me tonight?

I'll hold your hand

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

curiousCat posted:

Do we want to discuss the walking home thing as a group?

As I mentioned earlier, if we all commit to walk home with someone, that should leave us protected from night kills, excepting for those walking home with scum. I'm assuming people who walk home with the loving bears are unprotected, and then we'll have a good idea of who's scum based on who was supposed to be walking with the dead guy.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

As I mentioned earlier, if we all commit to walk home with someone, that should leave us protected from night kills, excepting for those walking home with scum. I'm assuming people who walk home with the loving bears are unprotected, and then we'll have a good idea of who's scum based on who was supposed to be walking with the dead guy.

One issue is that walking home apparently conflicts with doing any other night actions... but it does seem like a useful experiment, to see what happens if everyone publicly arranges a buddy system beforehand.

One other issue is with 18 people alive right now, that will leave one odd person out once we dunk somebody. But if people don't pair up with anyone they really think is scum, that problem should sort itself out nicely leaving 1 unfortunate scummy-looking outcast.

I'm gonna go ahead and pair up with Nat20 tonight. If he is scum, I support his bold "let's get Bif to never want to lunch me, except now we can't ever NK her till I'm dead" strategy.
...could prove to be a slight problem if he's an SK instead of scum, using this to coast along for a while, but hey, walking home with me should keep him busy, right?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I mean, if we're assuming anyone unaccompanied (or accompanied by scum? maybe? I dunno if bear attacks are a game mechanic or a scum mechanic) dies, we can just use this as a 2nd lynch since we'll have an odd number of players

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
but walking with somebody uses your night action so no thats not how this work, you should be able to walk alone and not immediately die

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

GeneX posted:

I mean, if we're assuming anyone unaccompanied (or accompanied by scum? maybe? I dunno if bear attacks are a game mechanic or a scum mechanic) dies, we can just use this as a 2nd lynch since we'll have an odd number of players

You know if we do this there's no way scum are using the NK.

Which seems like a game mechanic oversight if it's in.

Additionally it means my own role becomes fairly pointless.

I'm betting money that scum can kill through the buddy system in some way.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i also dont know why we're assuming bears are just completely incapable of doing anything if we all walk with somebody. they can have abilities to kill people theyre not walking with, or kill a pair, or whatever. we dont know poo poo at what they can do and id imagine theres at least some balance that the solution to this game is going to be more than "oh we all have to walk with people and then we kill the people who walked with the people who died :) " because then this game sucks ngl

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

maybe there's just a chance of failure, or of getting watched or something if they try and kill someone with a witness around. The OP said they'll seek out lone targets, but yeah, that doesn't have to mean that lone targets are the only ones. It might just mean the most favourable conditions for an NK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Is it worth dropping literally everyone's night actions for that, though?

• Locked thread