Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

I was a tracker before; got no results from tracking Dead Cow, Asiina, and Atomic Soda, in order. Now my role flavor is a glitched haiku and my anime’s profile is determined rather than cutesy, so...

huh. That doesn't sound very friendly. Like you and Juch, my picture looks less happy now, but I don't have no creepy glitchy Zalgo junk! Sounds suspicious to me.

Juchero posted:

i am was watcher

now am not

saw iron chef ramen visit nat 20 last night

What were you doing to my kouhai, ICR :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

btw I gotta say I really like the idea of a fake game to weed out lurkers before the real game starts

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

flerp posted:

i guess in interest of the fact that everything's change i sent bminus to detention

wait so you were trying to kill me 2 nights in a row, omfg :argh:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

wait so you were trying to kill me 2 nights in a row, omfg :argh:

Attempted to kill the towniest town twice in a row, and that flavor for B minus' death sounded pretty threatening too

##vote flerp

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Juchero posted:

check your sheet scum

speaking of ##vote 50

time to pay the loving piper

oh hey, guess you're not president anymore 50, but do you still have the ability to release your download thingos?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

50 pounds of bread posted:

Yeah, speaking of vig kills. ##detention natural20

ok I'm with you Juch

##vote Nat20

I WILL HAVE VENGEANCE

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

ok I'm with you Juch

##vote Nat20

I WILL HAVE VENGEANCE

lol I need to not try and phonepost so fast when I have work to do

freaking numbers

##vote 50

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Not sure if i'm still president or not, but if I am, i'm targeting nat20 because they are both mine and b- primary suspect.

I am choosing nat20 over my other two options, Sal, and Tired Moritz.

Also ##reveal president responsibilities.

I have no idea whether I have these abilities or not, because I have 2 docs telling me different things.

You killed Nat instead of Tired

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

:nono: Looks like someone didn't consult their copy of the rules handbook! :nono:

:bisonyes:

kill the evildoer

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

for real though how scummy is it that 50 jumped right to vigging somebody before he even knew what the gently caress was going on in the new thread

flerp confirmed he was trying to kill me so that proves Nat was telling the truth about protecting me

jon joe was described as a troublemaker and prolly just bullshitting about being the same thing as Nat to try and save his violent yandere rear end

50's just trying to eliminate a protective role, scummy as gently caress

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##nominate Token Female

They were given some pretty solid, and genuine reads early on. Even though the bit on LD fell apart as early game convictions tend to do, I felt like that was some grade A work.

a-HEM

... good choice for prez, though. Token, are you actually interested in taking the position? If so I'll add my vote.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I would much rather have no president if it's not someone with confirmed alignment.

hey, if everyone wants to kill 50 anyway, just elect me president and I promise the vig is getting used on him.

I will also promise to avoid raising the posting requirements, in honour of Nat's persuasive discussion on the topic. Also, the worst of the lurkers are already gone.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

You only want to kill me because you're scum lol.

Bifauxnen posted:

You killed Nat instead of Tired

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

I thought you didn't want to be President?

that was back when I thought it might have like actual responsibility or something

also before I swore vengeance

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

also nat 20 is still around so I'm not sure why you're crying out for vengeance, it looks like fitty lost his presidential powers in the threadshift

oh wait seriously? I don't want to have my heart broken if it's just a wait to flip at end of day

50 still attempted murder though so I still want him to die

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Nat20 is scum tho.

Nat's first action of the game was to swear protection to the towniest town so we need more scum like that imo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

He be buddying you to make you have the feel goods. or you scum 2ge4

Flerp nat20 scumteam imo.

Getin.

yeah we can kill flerp that is fine

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

I'm concerned that the scum team might have known that post count was super important.

Everyone knew it was important. The mod said "make X many posts or die." People for some reason couldnt even bring themselves to shitpost up to 30, so they died. Man, I thought you sounded kinda town before but this is some uniquely empty setup spec filler content.

##vote dead cow

Dead Cow posted:

I don't have much meta, but who was posting more than they usually do? Wasn't Bif one of them?

Haha this is also a highly filler question, which has already been answered, even. By nearly laughing somebody outta the thread for thinking I was posting an unusually high amount, I recall the words "weirdest post in Mafia history" being thrown around

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

If you ##walk home with a member of the scum team, they can kill you, right?

Because uh, if we all pick someone to walk home with, and we're an even number of players, we can figure out who the scum is by them killing whoever was walking with them.

scum can normally kill you anyway

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Assuming bears as scum isn't some mod fakeout.

it almost sounds like Anidav had a hand in this setup

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

I agree with this a lot.

I'm starting to get used to opposite land

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Token Female posted:

If nominated I would accept the position.

ok cool, with my luck, if I got the position just for my burning desire to vig 50, it'd end up that the rules totally changed for the new thread and it would suddenly involve responsibility

##nominate Token Female

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Framing my actions as damning after they just ran a game with me in it doing my thing that I do as opposed to trying to figure out why I did it sounds like false upsettery.

you mean FSN where you lied constantly about your abilities? I thought Nat said it was the "immediately trying to vig him" part that was damning, though.

as for you lying about roles, I definitely remember you doing that last game as town but that might be the only game I've actually played with you. (I'm not counting Shine where you were in the other thread and very quickly died) Token says its just a thing you do as town OR scum?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hm, hey Nat, since you declared me your senpai, does keeping the protection up still count as "doing something after school", even if you don't need to actively send any actions about it to Pod?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The vigging nat was because jonjoe was scum, and the other flipped dude marked nat20 and tired moritz, so I was picking between the two, I chose nat20 because I think they are scum.

jon joe is now showing in the OP of the old thread as an SK. (check the spoilerblock flip list) I don't believe a word of any of that "oh no, my role is nice and protective exactly like what Nat claimed already!" bullshit.

If you really think him and flerp are in cahoots to "prove" that protection on me though, I wouldn't mind flipping flerp to test :3:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

My role changed. I hyperdoc both of us as long as we walk together.

I can give you the flavour on why that's the case if you need me to.

uh, sure, can't hurt to claim flavor when you already claimed a role I guess

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

this is starting to sound a bit too good to be true though I gotta tell ya. Before it just sounded like that Seraph Knight role Birb dug up for MGS modified to be a 3P, but now we're like invulnerable together? whaa?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

You noticed me, when we're together I feel invincible, like nothing can ever harm us. But when we're apart I feel so scared and alone.

hahahahaha sure ok, might as well give it a go hey

if you're scum that made up a role that requires never NKing me to preserve your credibility well good on ya, I say

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

Additionally it also nerfs my senpai since it effectively jails them each night.

lucky for you, even if I wasn't VT I never mind playing like one

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

So I posit that there's something that let the scum know that the post count stuff was more than "hey you jerks, post something". You having a reactionary vote on me because you're the one I recalled having an unusually high post count is terrible and you should feel bad.

How much more clear does the mod have to be?

pera posted:

There is one small matter of unfortunate business to attend to: attendance. Several of you have already noted the absences of many of your peers, as have the members of the faculty. In accordance with school rules, all students who have not contributed a total of 30 game posts by the conclusion of our third school day will be expelled.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

"What if the scum... are reading the thread" :tinfoil:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh and if people didn't just notice that, JJ sure was helpful in drawing attention to it by going on about how he had to post more to not die. Many other people also explicitly called out how raising the count wound encourage spam and be not good, and how people like Li Dawny shouldn't be dunked cause they'd just be dead from postcount soon anyway.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

You're not getting what I'm saying, either you don't understand what I'm saying or you're being intentionally obtuse

Dead Cow posted:

I read the post count thing as an anti lurker mechanic, but after the events at the last school it appears it's an actual game mechanic. That's a huge difference in the way people would treat posting. All the low posters who are gone either through the night kills or the mod mechanic have been town.

yeah youre right, I dont understand it. how is "an anti lurker mechanic" different from "an actual game mechanic" anyway

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

One is a mod saying, hey jerks, post. The other is a "players in the game can effect this mechanic (50 raising the limit)". So my concern is that there's a "you get some sort of benefit for high post counts that the town isn't aware of" or something along those lines.

Ka-peesh?

ok well forgive me for presuming you were most concerned with the mass of townie death, as opposed to some nebulous "some sort of benefit for high post counts"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

like I dont know about you, but "if you dont post 30 times, I as the mod will unstoppably murder you" is a pretty important game mechanic, and not being murdered in said fashion is a pretty nice benefit imo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

"Ok get this... maybe the scum could've used this actual game mechanic as a player, to raise the post count requirement! Which would make it massively easier for townies to die... or some other benefit!!" :tinfoil:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I dont think you see what I'm getting at either. Which is, your point is super weird because I was right to call you out for posting some extra meaningless setup spec, so now you're getting overdefensive to argue about how your point was actually important, and that's why it makes no sense when you're getting into these tortured wordings like contrasting "lurker mechanic" against "actual game mechanic"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

Right, so if 50 is scum, as president, would he have raised the cut off to just below one of his scum buddies? take out like 3 or 4 town at once? Cause that sounds like a pretty good deal for scum to use.

yeah, with the FSN reminder too about how naturally full of tall tales he is, I'm cooling on him a little. Still think its pretty rude though to try and blast that vig first thing before he even understood the changes in his own PM. For all we know this brand new shiny thread could've changed up alignments as well as abilities.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

give head or get dead posted:

I see the point dead cow is making and Bif is being dense. I usually hate setup speculation but speculation in this game could be worth it as there was a clear pattern at the beginning of the game. Not sure if that pattern will continue though?

ok you can explain it for me then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

I gain the alignment of the person who's my senpai.

I explained this with my claim D3.

but didnt we all change in the new thread? what exactly is my alignment now?

• Locked thread