Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
##Nominate Cat

Cat was active and didn't blatantly lie to get put in a leadership role.

(Also I really like cats)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
If Token wants the role I would consider voting for her as well.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

hey, if everyone wants to kill 50 anyway, just elect me president and I promise the vig is getting used on him.

I will also promise to avoid raising the posting requirements, in honour of Nat's persuasive discussion on the topic. Also, the worst of the lurkers are already gone.

I thought you didn't want to be President?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

that was back when I thought it might have like actual responsibility or something

also before I swore vengeance

Makes sense!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Ya I'm not happy about 2 trackers dying :-/

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Anyone that has played with Bif before knows that she is a super high volume poster in these games, saying Bif is scum based on the fact that she posts a lot is laughable at best.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dead Cow posted:

I wasn't sure if Bif was one of the people, I was asking BECAUSE I don't know that Bif is a super high volume poster.

But instead of asking a question you just threw Bifs name out for no reason.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Token Female posted:

I'm going to look over the last thread for people with a lot of white noise kind of posts. I forget who brought it up now, but it feels like how JJ was posting, it seems likely that other scum were doing the same. Probably not as blatant as JJ though.

That was me that brought up the high volume / low content. It was being used as the case against me. I pointed out that I at least was engaging in good faith whereas JJ was spamming 1 word posts and obsessively worrying about his post count.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Token Female posted:

That's not a high bar to clear though.

I'm sorry I'm not sure what you mean.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Token Female posted:

I was trying to convey that JJ's post history was real lackluster. I hope everyone has not as much white noise as him.

O ya that makes sense sorry! I like your case on Juchero though. I plan on taking a look at Juchero, 50 and Nat20 later tonight.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##Nominate Token Female you've been a real force this game.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Does anyone want to walk with me :-(

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Pass this simple test... are you scum?

No! I'm a Gardening Club member! I like flowers and that's it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Of the people who played the only people who surprised me with post count was Tobbs and Hal. Usually they are both fairly middle of the pack when it comes to post count but this game both were just bleh.

Everyone else (that I've played with before) was pretty consistent. I don't really like meta scum hunting although to be fair it would've worked decent-ish in the last game I played.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
DC I can't tell if you are frustrated town or flailing scum. I'm at work and phone posting so I apologize for asking this question. What is your entire case against me? IIRC it was "lots of white noise."

I engage in good faith and do case people. We haven't played with each other before and the last game I played in was very emotionally draining on me. I honestly want even going to play in this one but I love Mafia so gently caress it.

If you have a case against me please present it, otherwise I feel like you keep bringing me up but don't have a case to support it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
This one is tough. Its hard to decide. I don't want to vote Nat20, but it's mainly because I like playing with him. I liked the case on Juchero. I can't decide if DC is frustrated town (and Lord knows I've been there) or scum. I wasn't really wild about TNLs post either.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Token Female posted:

You still here Sal?

Sorry just got home from work! I'm going to go ahead and ##vote Jucherobecause he is the only one I feel good with

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Well nevermind!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Just for fyi I work 2:15p to 11p cst. Sometimes depending on what I'm doing I can post. Tonight was busy, I apologize.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Poor Flerp :(

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Also I again apologize about my vote from "yesterday". Friday nights are usually slow, but for some reason last Friday wasn't.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

why didn't you walk home w me sal

I was Vanilla Town in the first thread, but with the start of "Part 2" I got upgraded to a watcher. I watched GeneX (as he was a suspect of mine from the first thread). I wasn't sure if I could do both actions (walk home and track) so I went with the one I felt was safest (watching Gene).

Asiina posted:

Sal. I don't have a meta read like Nat20 does, so I'm just going by posting in this game and the posting really isn't great. There's a lot of posting and very little content. This case was made before in the other thread, and I wasn't sure about it then because it looked like he was going to post more content, but then he really didn't so I'm definitely on board now. My only hesitation is that DC and Sal were on each other pretty heavily in a way that makes me think they're probably not scum together.

I've never interacted with DC before in any other game. I have no particular feelings other than I think he's tunneled me a little (which is fair because I admit I've done the same thing back). I'm honestly starting to feel like I did in Shine V where I was convinced that MMT was scum, but she was actually town and then her and I spent a good chunk of the game casing each other instead of looking for actual threats.

quote:

In any case, from the first thread, Sal spends a lot of time talking about the following things: how confusing the game is, how confusing the president thing is, whether the president and the vote for detention are the same, complaining about a how much time has been spent on the election and how nothing else has been done in the game (which wasn't true when he said it), talking about clubs and how they came to be and joining them. Everyone has some combination of these posts, so I'm not saying that posting a lot about it is scummy, it's that when that's almost all of your posts and your actual content is bad, then it's scummy, so here is actual content

Ya I'm not really proud of my posting either. I tend to get fixated on small things that are different and focus on them to the detriment of almost anything else. For example this game I was fixated on the fact that there were multiple commands going out and I was trying to figure out if ##nominate was correct or if the ##votes for Kash were actual votes to cuddle him or elect him president. Anytime the rules of a game I play are "different" I like to understand everything thats going on before I feel comfortable and in this game it took until 50 getting nominated for me to "feel comfortable". One of my many takeaways from my last game was to :justpost: . I guess I probably should've looked at it as ":justpost: AND make sure those posts aren't just white noise. I'm learning stuff from ever game I play!

quote:

Again, more complaining about the president election being confusing, and he picked out a single post by GeneX. It's not a great post, I agree, but he couldn't find anyone else to make any kind of call about? Nothing else had happened except JJ shitposting and then GeneX making one bad post? It feels like grasping.

I was put on the spot and made a snap decision. I've been told that voting a person who was voting for you is always ok so I felt good with my decision to say JJs name. As far as a 2nd person, well I just started looking at peoples posting history, looking for anything that I could on the spot make a decision of and I felt like that post was better than nothing. I was feeling under pressure because I had a lot of votes coming my way so I just made a decision and loving went with it!

quote:

That's it for his content in the other thread, so let's move on to this thread:

I'm sorry this vote pinged you, I understand why it did with your case on Cat.

quote:

Once again, I'll get to this, but this is simply not true and I don't like it and spoilers I think Sal and Cat are scum together.

Confronting DC about his case in the other thread:

Which, as I've shown, is a pretty reasonable case.

DCs case was that I was posting a lot of white noise with little content, I already agreed that I did

quote:

To Token Female saying that posting better than JJ isn't really a high bar to clear, which Sal was trying to claim was a point in his favour:

He doesn't explain why he likes the case, and doesn't do any of these things.

Good Lord I forgot that I had even said that. I was doing a bit of light thread reading yesterday so I'll follow up later today on that (and will actually do it this time :)) I also don't understand why I have to justify liking the case against Juchero. It had good thought out points. I liked how she pointed out that Jucheros two biggest reads were Bread and Bread, but then ended up voting for Asiina, and then Tobbs. She also points out how he only posts one action instead of all of his actions. It's a very thought out case. I don't think I have to defend myself against liking it.

quote:

That brings us to now. I understand being busy and I understand not fully contributing, but the fact that Sal has been around to talk about absolutely everything else except mafia is very scummy. He laments both Gene and JJ for not putting in effort, but it seems like only really so he can compare them to himself by saying "at least I'm trying!" and that is bad logic. Sal has been saying things that are simply not true about other people's posting (DC not having an actual case against him, Cat posting a lot of content, that people are using the president/clubs votes to not participate in scumhunting) while not actually doing anything on his own.

The final thing I'm going to say here is there is a difference between posting and being engaged. I have done a lot of drive by posts where I come in, post a thing or two, try to contribute to the surface level discussion as much as I can. I probably shouldn't have played in this game (and wouldn't if I had known what work and personal life were going to be). I promise you that going forward I will be more engaged and that my posts will be actually useful. Anyways have a good day!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Asiina posted:

Yes, I would like opinions on my cases.

I'm still waiting on Sal to actually produce what he's said he's going to, a promise he's made several times now.

I'm actually just about to post one :) I'm about 2 minutes from finishing it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dead Cow posted:

The read seems good, and since we haven’t found any scum yet I could see almost everyone on her list to be suspected. I would vote Cat based on Asiina’s read, I also still have a nagging feeling about Sal, the same one I’ve had pretty much all game. I’m trying to make my own cases which is why I went ahead and did a look at Atomic instead of just saying, yup sounds good and voting for cat. Scummier? More like as scummy as.

I'll be honest Dead Cow I'm officially over casing you. I seriously feel like casing you is turning into a town fight.

There has been one person that I felt was flying under the radar, but then they posted this and it got me all a tizzy:

The Ninth Layer posted:

##vote Juchero I thought Tokes' case against Juchero was good and beyond that I think his fixation on 50 for three days now is scummy.

I have a town read on Dead Cow, remember her being a lot lurkier as scum. Bif's push on her is basically an OMGUS to a very light calling out, beyond that I fail to see why "scum may have known about postcount mechanics" is at all an unreasonable opinion in this game.

For some reason this post just really set me off (as well as a few others). But lets look at TNLs post history shall we?
Thread 1 -
Uses ##Vote instead of ##nominate to "nominate" Kash for class President. This was a theme that happened a lot on Day 1. I think Scum could've potentially been trying to use this to actually cuddle someone and not nominate them (just a theory)

The Ninth Layer posted:

##nominate Gulag I like his taste in jrpg's

Later he correctly nominates Gulag while not moving his vote off of Kash even though Kash was at like -4 at this point on Day 1 while we were still decidedly in Jokephase

The Ninth Layer posted:

I agree, let's joke bandwagon Kashuno instead.

You and the rest of the thread are already doing it.

The Ninth Layer posted:

##nominate Gulag still don't know if this president thing is a big joke or not.

A second nomination for Gulag (just to make sure that his vote was heard), but then follows it up with "I don't know if this president thing is a joke or not" when Pera told us to do it. I don't think she is going to gently caress with us and have us waste the first day on a joke.

The Ninth Layer posted:

How so? There are way more town players than scum players, good play is easier to identify than deceptive play.

Also the nomination process gives us opportunities to talk about the merits of individual players and abstaining from that discussion is scummy.

This was another post that pinged me pretty hard. It's hard on D1 to discuss merits at all since there is a high volume of posts and it can be a little tough to discern fact from fiction. TNL is also the first person to throw out "A no vote is scummy". I will be honest despite feeling that same way it's been used against me, so I feel it's fair to use it against TNL here.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Sal hasn't stuck out to me much, I would vote to prevent a no lynch.

I'm probably going to miss deadline today.

While I get this post (and the potential vote) I hate votes that are "Well I don't want to vote for said person but I will." I was in a situation where it was me and Nat20. I don't want to vote for Nat20 but when it looked like it was him or I you better believe I would do anything to survive. However drive by 3rd party votes like this...eh eh I don't like that at loving all. And considering that we got a SK cuddled that night I would say it was worth the change to JJ (yes Asiina I know you said that I would say this, but the point stands.)

The Ninth Layer posted:

Meh ##vote 50 pounds of bread sorry buddy but I don't see the lynch all liars arguments going away anytime soon.

Another "Bro I'm sorry vote." Like I said above if the only two choices were 50 and TNL I could see these votes being made, but he's not even in the mix. He has a chance to defend 50 and he isn't. Anyone can flip a vote, I mean gently caress I was able to help flip a vote on D2 when I was like -3. If you put forth a compelling case anything can happen.

And if you are going to hold lack of casing against me, it better apply to TNL as well because there has been no casing at all done by him.

And of course the most scummy post out of everything:

The Ninth Layer posted:

The only animes I watch are DBZ, hunter x hunter, and all the yu gi ohs.

Doesn't watch anime but is playing in an anime based game!!!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

then why did you ask who wanted to walk with you!!!

I was hoping that by asking in public I would make myself less appealing! I'm sorry NGO! I was worried about being the only person walking home but I was excited to have an ability :-/

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Natural 20 posted:

Hey guys, my style of mafia play is that I'm always town and you should never question me.

I've tried that for so many games and it never seems to work even though it's true :(

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Maybe I missed it but I thought I was clear on what I did

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GeneX posted:

To quote:

“I wasn't sure if I could do both actions (walk home and track) so I went with the one I felt was safest (watchingGene).”

Track was a typo.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

so you decided to watch someone you thought was scum, not someone you thought scum might kill?

I was hoping to watch him visit whoever was killed and catch him red handed. Admittedly I'm also not good at using these powers effectively (see FSN).

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

hmmm.

people sometimes do mix up tracking and watching, but you WERE a tracker in that game. And I dont remember you being confused about how to use it then. Maybe confused about possible redirection or Tobbs' weird ability interacting with stuff, but not the tracking itself.

I picked poor targets to track (but also got redirected a few times).

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

right, but you were still purposely trying to track them, to whoever they visited. Even if you dont think you chose the best targets, you didnt seem confused about why you were choosing them, or confused about what your ability actually meant.

Ya. I proudly watched GeneX. I'm not confused about what I did or who I watched

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

then why did you say you wanted to watch him visit whoever he might be killing? That's not a watcher, that's a tracker.

I guess I was confused on the difference between watching and tracking. I should've consulted the wiki.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
To clarify the above: I thought Watcher and Tracker were essentially the same role.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GeneX posted:

if this was anyone but Sal I'd be voting them right now, but this is just dumb enough to be a Sal thing and not scum tripping over their fakeclaim

I'm not good at mafia I know.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Off topic: Asiina did you have all these gifs already our did you download them for the game because it's really loving impressive.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Since I'm not sure if I'll be on later towards the end of the vote I'm going to go ahead and vote for the person I'm most suspect of right now and thats ##Vote TNL. I will ATTEMPT to peek in on the thread if I have time.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Would anyone like to walk home with me tonight?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Don't post results unless they actually mean something. If you tracked someone to a dead guy/watched someone who died, say something. Otherwise, all you're doing is pointing out that someone has a PR.

Only reason I did it was to explain why I didn't want to walk with NGO, but ya point taken!

Does anyone want to walk home with me?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Token Female posted:

I'll be back at ~10 pm until the deadline.

The deadline is in 2 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Asiina posted:

I just realized when thinking about how dead it's been, that we're going to hit some lurker deaths. A lot of lurker deaths. A possibly game ending amount of lurker deaths.

Checking the post count list from the end of D1 the following people are about to get modkilled:

ICR (2 posts today)
Juchero (4 posts today)
NGO (9 posts today)
TNL (3 posts today)
BN (7 posts today)
TM (6 posts today)
AS (5 posts today)
GeneX (8 posts today)

Jesus Christ

• Locked thread