Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BWV
Feb 24, 2005

3 soft rear end penalties in this game rewarding American players for being weak on their skates and on the puck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Why were there two US players on the same point? Like one was standing right next to the other.

they were going to bump into each other to draw another penalty I assume.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

eat it refs

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

this is insane with the refs. like there is some contact here but the Americans are going down so loving easily.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

seems like the american strategy of constantly falling over is starting to falter

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

that was for sure a penalty but USA should check their gloves at intermission because those sticks sure seem slippery.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

that is boarding. should've leaped like Kris Draper to sell it.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

what a poo poo line change

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

cmon they be falling everywhere not even trying to stay up

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

bawfuls posted:

I don't watch a lot of hockey. Can you explain to me why this matters for penalties? Like, if I foul you, it's a foul regardless of how you react isn't it?

diving is bad in hockey and shameful. however, there are certain penalties that require a result to be called. You cant have a trip unless someone actually falls. You might be able to call a slash or hook in that situation but there is some grey area in between. In addition, refs generally allow a reasonable amount of stick checking/stick work.

If a stupid poster like me is complaining about the Americans falling it's because the Canadians are putting themselves in vulnerable positions and the best way to express my frustration is blaming the Americans for not staying on their feet like good Canadian warriors would.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Wouldn't tripping be the same result as slashing or hooking anyways?

yea both get 2 minutes but the amount of contact required to trip someone is probably a bit less than a slash, because a bit of stick play here and there is generally expected. that's sort of the grey area I was talking about which allows defenders some leeway in pushing people off the puck and also allows me to bitch about soft American players

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Moir and Chan together at the last olympic final is amazing

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Canada is playing so sloppy they deserve to concede here

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Canada's method of going 1 on 3 and shooting from the outside is not going to yield a goal

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Moir should jump on the ice. Do anything to get them a breather

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Canada is getting worked here

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

disappointed with Canada since the third. They've completely bailed on the aggressive team play and have been going at it individually. Maybe they are just way too gassed, or their game doesn't convert to 4 on 4 but they've gotten completely away from the style of play that got them here.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

if I was related to one of the goalies I'd be throwing up everywhere

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

i bet someone falls during the shoot out

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

this is hurting my stomach

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

goalies are killing it

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

that was a very nice move

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

drat

USA deserved it though. Canada sat back after two and completely abandoned what got them the lead. By the time they wanted to get back into it they were too tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

At least this result will lead to Justin Trudeau to appoint a special cabinet member to investigate the validity of the shoot out in international play. #overtime2022

• Locked thread