Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

.TakaM posted:

It's almost time! :holy:

And here I am stuck in mountain time being unable to livepost with you all :'(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Good first episode. It included crab homocide

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Victorkm posted:

I feel like Domenick has a bit of a lead on the Florida bros. Though they didn't show much of that tribe all around, it seems like those two just sort of cliqued themselves up while Dom is getting along with the rest of the tribe and seems pretty likeable.

Yeah, putting a potential swap aside if Domenick can prove himself as a challenge asset he will have a much easier time convincing the rest to boot one of Chris or Michael.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

AdmiralViscen posted:

Why did he tell them the 4 votes were for Bradley? He should have said they selected someone at random

Yep. He blew it big time there because he didn't cause anyone to be afraid. That was 90% really great by Michael but he flubbed the most important element: create panic.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I just rewatched the Varner outing and it is just as terrible as the first time I saw it

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

clown shoes posted:

Michael says he's been watching Survivor "all his life" since he was 13 but he's only 18. That's five years, ten seasons and not even a 1/3 of Survivor.

There's something very uncanny valley about Sebastian.

He's lying to seem older. In his confessional he said since he was 8

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

aidoru posted:

Is Chris the new Spencer? Him forcing himself to relate to Donothan by talking for 20 minutes about his own life was just like when Spencer told Jeremy that he has a girlfriend and he L-words her.

Man there were a lot of waterworks this episode.

I think they just didn't show Donathan talking because we had just hard his story moments ago. The editors aren't going to waste time having him tell the story twice in a row, and the take they got from the confessional must have been better.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

The editors not showing one tribe at all before the immunity challenges is becoming a big flag as to who's gonna lose.

But this didnt happen

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Stephanie's exit interview shone some light on why the pagonging was so bad and also puts a lot of context into a couple things she said at tribal, as well as why the votes were all on her

https://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2018/03/22/survivor-castaway-stephanie-i-feel-like-my-best-friend-backstabbed-me/

She and Jenna were also literally trying to cause Bradley to be med evac'd :lol:

You can't post that and not include the excerpt:

quote:

Holmes: It feels like you and Jenna were close out there. Aside from her not looking at you when you returned to Ghost Island, was there anything else she did that felt like a betrayal?
Johnson: No, Jenna was my day-one girl. We hit the beach running. We were always together. We plotted to poison Bradley. Ninety seven percent of the stuff we talked about…they couldn’t even air it because it was not appropriate. We had the same sense of humor, she was really like the little sister that I never had. But, when it came down to it being us three and I was gone, she has a relationship with Michael too. She had to do something to save herself. It sucks. But, I feel like my best friend backstabbed me. But, I don’t hold it against her because it was a good move. If I had been there, I would have thrown one of them under the bus too. She did what she had to do. I just think it sucks that she chose Michael instead of me. But, that’s because I’m kind of a feminist.
Holmes: Just to clarify; when you say you were going to poison Bradley, you meant figuratively poisoning the tribe against him, not literally poisoning him, correct?
Johnson: Oh no, we wanted to poison him. (Laughs)
Holmes: (Laughs)
Johnson: We were picking berries and leaves and we were thinking of all the ways we could get him med-evac’d and then we wouldn’t have to deal with him anymore.
Holmes: That’s terrible.
Johnson: You know, he came over and just (expletive deleted) all over our camp. He was arrogant, I did not like him those first days. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Holmes: OK, but he was figuratively (expletive deleted) all over camp. Unlike you literally wanting to poisoning him.
Johnson: Yes. He didn’t literally (expletive deleted) all over everything. But we did want to poison him.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Is the because really necessary?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

I maintain that they should have everyone at one camp and that One World just had a really lovely cast that ruined that concept.

I would like to see that, too. One World advertised itself as all being at one camp but it certainly didn't feel as it was. Didn't they have separate camps but were just near enough to walk over? Even having that distance meant that people couldn't easily sit together and talk without it being obvious to everyone.

A single camp plus a delayed tribe swap would be awesome for shaking things up

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Ghost Island is an impressively stupid element

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

clone jeff

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Domenick hates Naviti

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007