Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

It's almost time! :holy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Pretty bizarre start to the season, 2 fake idols already with very little thought put into them.
I think I like how Ghost Island works, I'm glad it's not just another redemption island season and I'm sure it will deliver on some crazy twists.

Jacob deserved to go but I kinda wanted another couple episodes of him crashing and burning but oh well :v:

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Holy poo poo Chris with the aimbot

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

No one said they have to smash the pots in order on Ghost Island right?
Also it seems like most of them have been duds so far

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Just thought I'd let you guys know Survivor New Zealand season 2 has started, seems like a pretty solid start so far- both tribes have already eaten uncooked rice and two of the players were best friends in high school

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

try this I guess?

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/survivor-new-zealand

Dunno if it works outside of NZ :shrug:

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

The only reason Jeff read the votes at tribal council was because he knew it was a tie right?

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's interesting that Survivor New Zealand has the "Outpost" twist, which is very similar to Ghost Island, but seems to work much better. Both tribes send someone to go to the "outpost" where there is a 1v1 challenge for an advantage in the game. Be it a clue to a HII or simply food for the winner (and only for the winner, not their tribe).

Seems like a reasonable season, even though I guess they don't ask what high school the survivors went too, since they picked 2 guys that went to the same school and were even friends...
The latest episode of Survivor NZ was pretty interesting, starting to see some real strategy that will have an impact on the game.

btw you guys can watch it here I think (not sure if it works outside of NZ)
https://tvnz.co.nz/shows/survivor-new-zealand

edit-
:(

.TakaM fucked around with this message at 08:21 on May 28, 2018

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I'm watching season 5 of Survivor South Africa...

They're allowed to steal someone's idol and then vote them out :wave:

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

The rest of the tribe just went through their bag and had a brief little fight over who got the idol. When they realized their idol was gone they were like "well obviously someone has taken it" and everyone just acted offended and clueless.

At tribal council they even talked about how there's no rule you can't steal someones hidden immunity idol :crossarms:

Pretty fuckin ruthless, I dunno if I'd recommend it yet... it's been kind of interesting- each team has an assigned leader that can't vote or be voted out and they have special responsibilities in certain challenges

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I finished season 5 of survivor south Africa tonight, and yeah I probably wouldn't recommend it.
I don't think it was bad but I was never really rooting for anyone, some of the differences were interesting and I'm still not sure how I feel about all the idol stealing that went on...

I wouldn't steer anyone away either tho, it's worth watching if you're bored, really love survivor and you're okay with some strong south African accents

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Survivor NZ has one episode left and it looks like it's gonna be pretty interesting, I don't have any idea who's going to win because it's really hard to tell how the jury is judging them.
I'm glad Dave's secret is out too, it's not very fair to make it to final 3 without the jury knowing they had a longtime friend helping them through the game. Should make the jury questioning pretty dramatic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Yeah her name was Dee wasn't it? She seemed like the most interesting person of the first season to be honest

Season 2 of Survivor NZ just ended by the way, I'm pretty happy with how the jury voted and overall it was an entertaining season. They didn't make any talk of a season 3 during the reunion but I hope there's one in the works

.TakaM fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jul 29, 2018

• Locked thread