Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

STAC Goat posted:

We're probably being a bit harsh on him with the Stephanie thing. I mean, he didn't declare his love for her or anything.

Yeah, that would be ridiculous. There's no way any guy on this show, no matter how goony he is, would ever declare that he was in love with an attractive woman just because she was nice to him and talked to him. And if someone WAS that out of touch to do that on the show, it would have to be a result of weeks of sleep deprivation and whatnot and definitely wouldn't happen this early in the game before the second tribal council even happened.

Wait a minute....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

IcePhoenix posted:

What purpose does that serve? You can't flip if you don't know who to vote for, and flipping if you think it might be you does you zero good. The ploy was to try and get one of the perceived bottom to flip and he played it about as well as he could have.

The move is to say "I'm playing this (fake double) idol on two of us. These two girls are voting for Bradley, and me and Brendan will be putting two votes on another one of you that we picked earlier at random. The only way to guarantee its not you going home is for you to vote Bradley"

(and then in actuality all four of them vote Bradley but hopefully this scares at least one of them into adding a fifth vote as well)

bbf2 fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Mar 15, 2018

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

ApplesandOranges posted:

Isn't this what happened on Cagayan? Cliff was the target but because there was a hoop challenge they avoided tribal council despite trying very hard to throw it.

That was a combination of Cliff’s solo prowess as well as the complete ineptitude of the Brains tribe.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Imagine you're a young art school grad, and you just scored your first big job - a set designer for Survivor! For the next few weeks you sew the tribe banners with the utmost care. You ensure each and every stitch is precise and perfect. Then you hang them, step back, and look proudly upon your work. Although you know the tribes will probably barely notice what you've done, you don't care. You're living your dream.
Then a few months later they burn one of your banners in half and stomp on it and call it cursed.

If I was the PA who made that tribe banner I would be stoked that so much primetime TV time was dedicated to my creation. Most of the time those things just hang around in the background unmentioned

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

ApplesandOranges posted:

Libby was saved by Chris being an idiot, which was amazing considering she had that talk with Jenna about him being loyal. And he ended up jumping on his own sword and she got saved.

Would have been lovely to see if Angela/Des voted for Chris, and either he gets ousted in an unanimous 12-0 vote, or he plays his idol and we suddenly have 10 people (everyone except Chris, Dom and Kellyn) drawing rocks.

They'd get a chance to do a re-vote first if Chris nullified every vote, it wouldn't go to rocks.

• Locked thread