Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Survivor really does seem to get more and more ridiculous each season, some of it actually felt like a parody.

I mean it's entertaining but wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

bbf2 posted:

The move is to say "I'm playing this (fake double) idol on two of us. These two girls are voting for Bradley, and me and Brendan will be putting two votes on another one of you that we picked earlier at random. The only way to guarantee its not you going home is for you to vote Bradley"

(and then in actuality all four of them vote Bradley but hopefully this scares at least one of them into adding a fifth vote as well)

Yeah i think this is it. It causes the most disruption where as the play Michael went with didn't actually give anyone a reason to flip their vote except for Bradley but he had no other vote option anyway.

Having said that it was still a god drat impressive performance from Michael and I loved the saving two people bluff, that was clever, did it show who came up with that?

That episode warmed me up a lot to this season. There could be some potential here...

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I feel like we're losing some interesting players way too early on. Even the early boots would've been fun to see bumble through a couple more episodes.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Rarity posted:

Oh my god I'm all in on the Wendell :bandwagon:

Same, he was great.

Chris though....that was all just so bad by him. Wow what was he thinking?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

No more Chris please.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I can't really remember much of Libby early in the season but I definitely felt sorry for her this episode. But it's a sacrifice to keep Michael in the game, really liking quite a few of the remaining cast.

Wendell popped off in that first challenge, impressive stuff. And Angela beating Michael was huge, imagine if we had won immunity tonight.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Sand Monster posted:

Did Angela just swallow that first sea cucumber thing whole? It didn't look like she chewed it, it was just gone.

Yes and then she tried to do that with the second one which was even bigger.

Probably a top ten 'most disturbing' Survivor moment.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Chris is still a topic? Jesus, maybe I missed an episode where he did something interesting.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention to Ghost Island but to me it seems like someone randomly shows up and then randomly selects a scroll that might give them an advantage. Then they cook some rice and it's all over for the week.

It could be completely my fault for missing something as it made me zone out pretty early on in the season but even now when the cast has got me a lot more interested it still seems kind of pointless and mostly out of anyones abilities to influence or change. I might be forgetting how bad some of the previous gimmicks have been but right now Ghost Island seems like one of the worst.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

what about dark horse, helicopter-ride loving, seafood connoisseur SEABASS

Every season needs that one young guy who's not really doing much but having a good time and being a loyal follower I guess.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I think they should've voted out Donathan because he is obviously going to cause drama. If anyone is a threat to Dom and Wendell it's him.

There's still 2 more tribals to get rid of one of them and then the final 4 you just take out the other one assuming they don't win immunity. Laurel can still pull it off but honestly I'd rather see a Dom/Wendell final.

Also it looked like Angela turned to Wendell on the revote as if to ask who to vote for and he just shrugged which was pretty funny.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

We are clearly getting a weird edit because I don’t see how Kellyn could be perceived as a threat.

It could just be Dom and Wendell talking up the other players into being threats to deflect from themselves.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Do they even do any fishing these days?

It used to be such a huge aspect of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Did one of those guys say he studied the show? He's toast.

I liked the ending especially reading the votes then and there. The studio stuff is so bad and the reunion show continues to get worse and worse.

• Locked thread